Re: This game proves one thing

Post by Knuckles » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 9:04 am

I'll say what I like.
If you're not happy good for you too.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 9:05 am

I am used to it I think and desensitsed.

I use words like disgraceful at the beginning but the reality is about 30 minutes after the game I was having a bit of a chuckle about how close we came to throwing that one away.

It is the difference between winning the game and losing ala against Seff Sinney I guess

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 9:07 am

Knuckles wrote:I'll say what I like.
If you're not happy good for you too.
Do you tell everyone who is critical to go and support someone else?

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 9:08 am

smeghead wrote:I am used to it I think and desensitsed.

I use words like disgraceful at the beginning but the reality is about 30 minutes after the game I was having a bit of a chuckle about how close we came to throwing that one away.

It is the difference between winning the game and losing ala against Seff Sinney I guess
Lol
I'm with you Smeg !!!

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 9:10 am

smeghead wrote:I am used to it I think and desensitsed.

I suppose if you don't laugh you'll cry. I always say "I can't believe that" but yes, I can.

tigeress

Post by tigeress » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 9:11 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:Our left fringe is totally rooted. Lawrence showed signs of improvement today, but Lote looks like he was totally caught napping on at least three occasions that I saw on television, and he was lucky that one was a knock on.

We failed to continue the game plan and paid for it. Got sucked in by Hayne dancing around like a peanut and loose men were coming off the line instead of moving up in unison.

I know it was a win for us, but I work in a Parra dominated workplace, and they'll carry on like it was a win for them tomorrow.
Hope you get through the day in your Parra dominated workplace, I'd guess they are giving you heaps CB, and can't blame them either, we were pathetic in the last 10 mins, I couldn't believe what I was seeing, they just simply went to sleep, they were so sure they had the game sewn up - so we now only have 1 point f/a instead of at least 30, which would have taken us into the positive (f/a) :roll

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 9:14 am

Would really of like Blair on that left fringe in the last 15. As poor as it can be argued he has been he does organise a line well and we tend to hold our shape better.

For me as I have said though yesterday makes me feel again that Sheens has the game plans to win games but maybe lacks the all important fear aspect of a coach as players have no fear of being dropped for their efforts

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 9:18 am

smeghead wrote:Would really of like Blair on that left fringe in the last 15. As poor as it can be argued he has been he does organise a line well and we tend to hold our shape better.

For me as I have said though yesterday makes me feel again that Sheens has the game plans to win games but maybe lacks the all important fear aspect of a coach as players have no fear of being dropped for their efforts
I don't know what it is Smeg ... But coaching with a fear factor sounds a bit like coaching school boys. These blokes are highly paid professionals. Shouldn't have to threaten them with the axe to get them to perform.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 9:21 am

Our team often play with the whimsy of school boys maybe those tactics are needed to make them realise they are highly paid professionals?

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 9:22 am

smeghead wrote:Our team often play with the whimsy of school boys maybe those tactics are needed to make them realise they are highly paid professionals?
Lol
Yeah probably !

tigeress

Post by tigeress » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 9:47 am

Maybe our NRL team could take a look at how well our Totyota Cup team is going - they are presently sitting on top of the ladder.

Bismark

Post by Bismark » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 5:20 pm

Not fussed as all. We had so many crappy wins in 2010 and 2011, and yet were favoured to win the comp by the times the finals came around.

As long as you make that top 8 with a run of form coming into September, we'll be OK. It was concerning losing 5 matches as that can really damage top 4 aspiration, but early on in the season, it doesn't matter if you win by 31 or 1, they still count for the same points on the ladder.

Bombs Away

Post by Bombs Away » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 5:25 pm

Can we scrap Blocker Roach as a Tiger Supporter!!! Just because his young bloke was not good enough,,,have another pie Blocker and pat the dog!!!

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 6:24 pm

tigeress wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:Our left fringe is totally rooted. Lawrence showed signs of improvement today, but Lote looks like he was totally caught napping on at least three occasions that I saw on television, and he was lucky that one was a knock on.

We failed to continue the game plan and paid for it. Got sucked in by Hayne dancing around like a peanut and loose men were coming off the line instead of moving up in unison.

I know it was a win for us, but I work in a Parra dominated workplace, and they'll carry on like it was a win for them tomorrow.
Hope you get through the day in your Parra dominated workplace, I'd guess they are giving you heaps CB, and can't blame them either, we were pathetic in the last 10 mins, I couldn't believe what I was seeing, they just simply went to sleep, they were so sure they had the game sewn up - so we now only have 1 point f/a instead of at least 30, which would have taken us into the positive (f/a) :roll
If your Parra workmates gave it to you for our 12 minute capitulation, CB, I hope you reminded them that they were pathetic for 68 minutes :lol:
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

paulgeorge

Post by paulgeorge » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 8:24 pm

Knuckles come September if we happen to slip in the bottom half of the top eight I will tip my hat to you, but I honestly can't see us making a dent. We will a few games here and there, but I can't see us stringing 6 games in a row, that's what it's going to take for the tigers to be a force to be reckon with this year.

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 9:22 pm

Bookies have us on the fifth line at 10/1 ... So not everyone has thrown in the towel.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 9:34 pm

Thats cause its a 3 horse race at the moment Bob....
The rest are treading water.

Bloody hell mate whatve you been doing???
OD-ing on the red cordial or something.....never seen you so fired up.
Might need to get you into the shed just before kick off next week

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 9:39 pm

innsaneink wrote:Thats cause its a 3 horse race at the moment Bob....
The rest are treading water.

Bloody hell mate whatve you been doing???
OD-ing on the red cordial or something.....never seen you so fired up.
Might need to get you into the shed just before kick off next week
I couldn't sleep last night after the game and I woke up grumpy !
Haha ... The red cordial hey !! It drives you to the red cordial doesn't it !!