We won and never looked like loosing

ImageImageImage
boonboon

Re: We won and never looked like loosing

Post by boonboon » Sun 29 Apr, 2012 7:05 pm

I don't need us to be amazing every weekk but a win , good attack and 70 mins of good defence and 10 mins where it got away when it didn't matter I for one am happy could be happier but Happyq

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 29 Apr, 2012 7:10 pm

To say we NEVER looked like losing is wrong

The final 12 minutes we lost....against a team that averages 12 points a game, has wone one game and is running last

Glad ur happy

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Sun 29 Apr, 2012 7:13 pm

boonboon wrote:I don't need us to be amazing every weekk but a win , good attack and 70 mins of good defence and 10 mins where it got away when it didn't matter I for one am happy could be happier but Happyq
You're high. For me, it went like this.

31-0 - We could keep them to 0, awesome!

31-6 - Damn, oh well at least we get decent + and -.

31-12 - That's not good, we need to wake up.

31-18 - Okay, guys? What's happening?

31 - 24 - ANYONE?!?! WTF IS GOING ON?!?

31-30 - I'm getting the razor ready.

If Parra had another set, we would have lost.

grahamr

Post by grahamr » Sun 29 Apr, 2012 7:24 pm

What a disgrace....the tigers got the two points today but in most everyones opinion they lost the game. poor "old" Lote is past his use by date, SURELY i'm not the ONLY one that can see that. If you look at the stats over the last 2 seasons I think you will find that the tigers have more points scored against them in the last 15 mins than any other team in the NRL. And that has been happening for decades (remember the 1989 grand final) I believe that the tigers have the smart a***se attitude that " we are in front, and we cant get beat from here" Maybe Tim Sheens needs to give them the "Gorden Ramsey" approach and get into them......By the way terriffic to see Braith Anasta coming to the club, hope he takes over the captaincy from Farrah, at least he's got the balls to approach referees about "strange decisions". FARAH IS TOO SOFT TO BE A CAPTAIN. :bash :bash :bash

Benjirific

Post by Benjirific » Sun 29 Apr, 2012 7:28 pm

RatedRKO wrote:
boonboon wrote:I don't need us to be amazing every weekk but a win , good attack and 70 mins of good defence and 10 mins where it got away when it didn't matter I for one am happy could be happier but Happyq
You're high. For me, it went like this.

31-0 - We could keep them to 0, awesome!

31-6 - Damn, oh well at least we get decent + and -.

31-12 - That's not good, we need to wake up.

31-18 - Okay, guys? What's happening?

31 - 24 - ANYONE?!?! WTF IS GOING ON?!?

31-30 - I'm getting the razor ready.

If Parra had another set, we would have lost.
<b>IF</b> Parra had another set...but they didn't. They scored their last 20 tries in the final 90 seconds, they were never going to win that game, plain and simple.

Please, I beg of people, look at this in context. If we were playing Melbourne and led 31-0 with 13 to go, we wouldn't finish at 31-30, it's all about context and what's in front of you. I'm not happy we conceded all those points, but at the same time we can't just go depressed because we didn't win the game by 30. We lost focus and switched off, and Parra are a side that can score points quick. Understand that from the moment we scored our first points we didn't look like losing.

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Sun 29 Apr, 2012 7:40 pm

We never looked like losing - woohoo.
I'm so glad
We didn;t look like losing against souths a couple of weeks ago either.
How did that work out again?

How can we not have learned from that debacle and how can people possibly think it's OK to keep making that same mistake.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 29 Apr, 2012 7:49 pm

Benjirific wrote:Parra are a side that can score points quick
:crazy

They are the worst side in comp bar none and their attack is absolute garbage.

No other team in the comp would let this s*** team put 30 points on them.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 29 Apr, 2012 8:36 pm

Maybe these posters are trying to say Parra just ran outta time....it was clear the clock would beat them, there was no anxiety due to the 19, then 13, then 7 and finally one point gap...no anxiety but plenty of disgust

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 29 Apr, 2012 8:39 pm

innsaneink wrote:
boonboon wrote:While the final score is what it is we won and never looked like loosing which is what we wanted so stop winging so much
lol one of your best Inky

TigerMoz

Post by TigerMoz » Sun 29 Apr, 2012 8:56 pm

Lets get real, two 1 pt wins, both very lucky to win. 30pt win against a side with half their side out and in the bottom 4.
That's the whole result of 9 games. Does anyone here think we have a good side or our coach is still a good coach?
Wake up, the Tigers suck this year. Accept it.

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Sun 29 Apr, 2012 9:01 pm

Imagine if Marshal hadn't kicked that FG and it went to Gold en Point !!!

I still think it's a blessing in disguise .... I am more confident now against the Titans.

900large

Post by 900large » Sun 29 Apr, 2012 9:37 pm

If this was the final score of the grand final would anyone care? I doubt it. We won. It would be nice with a bigger margin but do what. No one remembers second if they get beaten by 1 or 50

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

cunno

Post by cunno » Sun 29 Apr, 2012 9:49 pm

[quote="900large"]If this was the final score of the grand final would anyone care? I doubt it. We won. It would be nice with a bigger margin but do what. No one remembers second if they get beaten by 1 or 50

Understand your point, good to get the win, but having 30 points scored against us in the last 15 mins does take a fair bit of shine off the result though and points that there is still a lot to do at training. Still, it was good to beat parra at their ground which hasn't been easy for WTs in the past.

underdog

Post by underdog » Sun 29 Apr, 2012 10:04 pm

Let's put it this way. We know our boys will have got an almighty scare. It will be 80mins against the titans.

tigersrule4life

Post by tigersrule4life » Sun 29 Apr, 2012 10:11 pm

We will beat titans and play 80 mins lets enjoy the win go u tigers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 29 Apr, 2012 11:02 pm

tigersrule4life wrote:We will beat titans and play 80 mins lets enjoy the win go u tigers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We will beat the Tits but an 80 minute performance is not in our repotoire

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 12:19 am

I've got to take total blame for this

Was having a fairly quiet day at work listening to the Tigers do it easy on the radio

Eftpos breaks down just as Parra score first try , while I am sorting out the blody Eftpos all I can hear is David Morrow doing his nana and next thing I hear about ten minutes later from one of my younger staff trying to bait happy "Here come Parra"

By the time I'd fixed the eftpos they were doing an interview with Demps best mate

The scary thing is something similiar happened in the Souths game

In the future I will be closing the business for the last 15 minutes of NRL games , stuff the customers they should now better

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 12:22 am

900large wrote:If this was the final score of the grand final would anyone care? I doubt it. We won. It would be nice with a bigger margin but do what. No one remembers second if they get beaten by 1 or 50
Does for and against matter in a grand final? Because it sure does right now. It's been the difference for us countless times over the years, you think we would have learned but no. Still inviting teams right back into the contest.