Switching off...its not that bad

ImageImageImage
hybrid_tiger

Re: Switching off...its not that bad

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 29 Apr, 2012 7:40 pm

Good teams finish off games.

We are not a good team so we don't/can't.

shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Sun 29 Apr, 2012 7:44 pm

king sirro wrote:Ok....so one of my main hates on this forum is people who get on and say stuff like "have u ever played the game, what have u ever done to judge, what level did u get to.....etc etc etc.... but on this occasion im going to have to be guilty of that myself.

Now...the subject of switching off. Anyone who has played the game regularly will know that once you have a big lead and switch off there is nothing you can do to turn it back on. Its a hard thing to explain, but we have all been there. Your killing a side, you relax, let in a try and think nothing of it, next thing another try...you start to pump each other up to not let it happen again...but it does happen again...the switch has been turned off. IT DOES NOT GET TURNED BACK ON.

The last 14 minutes was bad.....but its not as bad as you may think. In fact, it may just keep us switched on enough to travel next week to the Gold Coast and win.

Is it possible we may have relaxed next week if we won easy??? Yes. Will we relax after that last 14 minutes??? No.

Just trying to put it into persepctive.,

Next week is the goal of being ruthless, shutting a game out, not giving an inch no matter what. Thats what i want to see next week.

I disagree strongly Sirro. For and against means everything in a comp as close as this. They had a chance to really make an impact in this department today and they blew it. You just can't do that.
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 6:52 am

what about the other games we let teams back in.why didn't we learn from then.
surely they got a wake up call against souths?

so next time will be different aye.

this team takes short cuts that have become habit.

rossop

Post by rossop » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 8:14 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:Good teams finish off games.

Agreed

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 8:14 am

This team has never learnt anything, why would not letting teams back.in a game and switching off before 80 minutes be any different?

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 9:01 am

rossop wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:Good teams finish off games.

Agreed
Disagreed

Wests Tigers are a good team and will be there when it counts.

Merlot Tiger

Post by Merlot Tiger » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 9:09 am

That last 15 minutes yesterday has done a lot of damage. Farrah needs to play the game of his life next week to even get a look in at NSW. That last 15 minutes yesterday was his greatest ever chance to lead and set his team straight, pull off a big hit or a moment of inspiration to get his team fired up and stop the rot, he didn't. It merely showed that we lack the the ruthlessness that is required to put opposition to the sword. There was a moment in about the 60th minute where the Eels looked as flat as they had been all day, it was so obvious, and that was the time to step it up and pile more points on, but no. It wasn't picked up on, we didn't step it up, and look what happened. The entire team went mising late yesterday. Imagine if that was Melbourne or Broncos. Horrible, horrible horrible.

tigeress

Post by tigeress » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 9:15 am

Merlot Tiger wrote:That last 15 minutes yesterday has done a lot of damage. Farrah needs to play the game of his life next week to even get a look in at NSW. That last 15 minutes yesterday was his greatest ever chance to lead and set his team straight, pull off a big hit or a moment of inspiration to get his team fired up and stop the rot, he didn't. It merely showed that we lack the the ruthlessness that is required to put opposition to the sword. There was a moment in about the 60th minute where the Eels looked as flat as they had been all day, it was so obvious, and that was the time to step it up and pile more points on, but no. It wasn't picked up on, we didn't step it up, and look what happened. The entire team went mising late yesterday. Imagine if that was Melbourne or Broncos. Horrible, horrible horrible.
Ditto, Ditto, Ditto :roll

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 9:19 am

Anybody who thinks the last 15 minutes was acceptable is lucky they weren't sitting anywhere near me when it was happening.
Even accounting for some terrible calls by the refs it was atrocious.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 10:24 am

cktiger wrote:Anybody who thinks the last 15 minutes was acceptable is lucky they weren't sitting anywhere near me when it was happening.
Even accounting for some terrible calls by the refs it was atrocious.
Agreed. Good sides rise up against a few dodgy calls.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 10:56 am

clokan wrote:
smeghead wrote:I made the mistake of thinking we might have broken the drought and were going to hold two teams scoreless in two games
I watched the game on the TV and about 1 minute before Parra's first try I jumped onto the nrl website to log into dream team, saw the final score and was happy that i did, ran out of blood pressure tablets last week and haven't been in to get my prescription filled. I'm not sure I would have coped.

I agree with what some have said, this game has a silver lining, we got two points and Sheen's will make sure they are focused for the Titans, if we had won 31 zip. I suspect we may have been overconfident against the titans.

I don't care how we win as long as we win, the last couple of years we've had shaky starts, got flogged by some but come finals we are the most feared side in the NRL. We need to make the eight, top four would be nice, and anything can happen from there.
Did the same thing, Playing with the Kids I virtually didn't watch the 2nd half, till I checked my phone and thought there was a mistake online.

The Tigers Kill me but I wouldn't Swap them for any other team on the planet.

Look out Titans

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 10:59 am

Reminder

Post Game interview in full with Coach Sheens and Robbie Farah.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl- ... 6342066598

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 5:29 pm

LOL....
Sheens wrote:"I called the field goal, didnt wanna be chasing one at the end like we did against souths"
Aaah love how he takes the credit...can see why he loves Moltzen