ImageImageImage
andrew 474

REFS CRAP GAME

Post by andrew 474 » Sun 29 Apr, 2012 7:30 pm

High shots to moltz , farrah , marshall
Reddy taken over the side line in a head lock
marshalls forward pass , line ball at worst
hayne drops the ball in the play the ball on tigers line, ref calls play on
aprox 4 other times parra players just rolled the ball through on play the balls , refs clamped down on this 2 weeks ago
forward passes from parra in general play nothing done
parramatta last try 1 mtr forward pass , nothing done

not sure how the pennalty count went but i know they got a few
i know this will not change what happened in the last 15 minutes but their last try was wrong , the ref had lost it by then

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sun 29 Apr, 2012 7:35 pm

We won the penalty count comfortably

Blackpearl

Post by Blackpearl » Sun 29 Apr, 2012 7:43 pm

i have not watched the whole game, but i did see the part with the tigers up 31-6 and parra lost the ball , reddy got possession and went upfield to be met by two eels. the ball seemed to stripped, ball back to parra 20m out and a quick shift to lotes wing ... try. if the ref awards the penalty to the tigers for a two man strip the tigers are downfield with another set and the clock has under ten minutes left. it is these types of decisions that can imo invariably change the course of a match. wish these clowns with the pea were doing the tigers v sowfs game when crocker dropped the ball cold but got the penalty that started that bs last four minutes.
I dislike sowfs immensely

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Sun 29 Apr, 2012 7:50 pm

hahahahahaha, it's the refs fault we let in 30 points in 12 minutes
of course it is
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

Blackpearl

Post by Blackpearl » Sun 29 Apr, 2012 8:00 pm

missed the point, ... as i said i did not see the whole match and obviously the wheels fell off with ten to go which really cheeses me off. refs though are making more and more decisions that alter the course of games.
I dislike sowfs immensely

Benjirific

Post by Benjirific » Sun 29 Apr, 2012 8:32 pm

smeghead wrote:We won the penalty count comfortably
We did, 7-3, but there were 3 penalties for high shots, one for a spear tackle and one for a double movement, so it probably is more even on general discipline.

I agree with the sentiment, but it is a full competition problem, not just these two refs. It surrounds the attitude that referees have that they are there to control the game. That is completely the wrong approach. A authority figure in sport is a decision maker, nothing more, nothing less. They are not there to control the game, make decisions and enforce the rules, it's as simple as that. All this other bulldust that Harrigan goes on about is exactly that.

Black Orange White

Post by Black Orange White » Sun 29 Apr, 2012 8:36 pm

Am I the only one who thought what they did to Reddy was complete BS? They literally held him for 30 seconds before carting him over, then they held him for 10 seconds when he dropped the ball.

zebraman

Post by zebraman » Sun 29 Apr, 2012 8:44 pm

Blackpearl wrote:i have not watched the whole game, but i did see the part with the tigers up 31-6 and parra lost the ball , reddy got possession and went upfield to be met by two eels. the ball seemed to stripped, ball back to parra 20m out and a quick shift to lotes wing ... try. if the ref awards the penalty to the tigers for a two man strip the tigers are downfield with another set and the clock has under ten minutes left. it is these types of decisions that can imo invariably change the course of a match. wish these clowns with the pea were doing the tigers v sowfs game when crocker dropped the ball cold but got the penalty that started that bs last four minutes.
yeah I noticed that too ready had a 2 man strip after running about 15 meters with 2 parra players hanging off him and the ref played on what a joke. Total momentum change after that

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 29 Apr, 2012 9:12 pm

Straw clutching at its finest...benjis dive was bloody embarrasing, it had all the impact of being hit with a soggy bread roll

Paris Cobbs

Post by Paris Cobbs » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 12:32 am

Parra's second last try came from Hayne using two f his team mates as shepherds a couple of metres from the try line.

Referees have too much control over the momentum of the game.
Cheering for the mighty Wests Tigers, all the way from France.

underdog

Post by underdog » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 12:54 am

Black Orange White wrote:Am I the only one who thought what they did to Reddy was complete BS? They literally held him for 30 seconds before carting him over, then they held him for 10 seconds when he dropped the ball.
This was blown up by all the tigers supporters in my area.

Haynes try was also deadset shepherd.

and Reddy got stripped of the ball HARD which was the turn of play for the first try.

Having said all that, Lote got found out extremely badly on the right, and a more realistic scoreline reflecting the game would have been 31-18.

Despite the penalty count being comfortably in our favour, in all honesty it should have been a penalty count of 8-1

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 1:18 am

I honestly don't think theres a supporter base who whinges more about referee's then we do

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 1:21 am

Blackpearl wrote:i have not watched the whole game, but i did see the part with the tigers up 31-6 and parra lost the ball , reddy got possession and went upfield to be met by two eels. the ball seemed to stripped, ball back to parra 20m out and a quick shift to lotes wing ... try. if the ref awards the penalty to the tigers for a two man strip the tigers are downfield with another set and the clock has under ten minutes left. it is these types of decisions that can imo invariably change the course of a match. wish these clowns with the pea were doing the tigers v sowfs game when crocker dropped the ball cold but got the penalty that started that bs last four minutes.
Just watched the game and it definitely looks like a strip , but our shortcomings out wide worried me more

underdog

Post by underdog » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 3:23 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:I honestly don't think theres a supporter base who whinges more about referee's then we do
Sea Eagles?

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 5:43 am

Black Orange White wrote:Am I the only one who thought what they did to Reddy was complete BS? They literally held him for 30 seconds before carting him over, then they held him for 10 seconds when he dropped the ball.
Nope thought that was garbage myself and when Hayne dropped the ball and Reddy picked it up racing down the field I thought it was a 2 man strip.

But then we were lucky with Fulton's try, Benji's pass looked like it clearly went forward.

Juro

Post by Juro » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 11:08 am

I think every team has the right to complain about the quality of the referees. Every game, there are howlers going both ways. Sometimes it goes for you, sometimes against. Sure, it may even out roughly in the long run, but we should always be expecting better from the officials!
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

barra

Post by barra » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 11:19 am

There are so many grey areas and this is the real problem. Strip or loose carry? Forward pass or ball travelling forward after leaving the hands with a backward motion? Defensive line moving early or slow dummy half service? Momentum tackle or excessive force taking the ball carrier over the line?

And a real killer, the inconsistency in tacklers moving off the ball carrier to allow the play the ball. There really needs to be a 'standard' implemented into this area as it is a real frustration to the players and fans alike.

Sometimes our team will be on the wrong end of these calls which seemed the case yesterday, but we still won whereas in the past it has cost us. I hope the refs do not become any more dominant in the game like they are in union where there are too many interpretations applied to the run of play.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 11:23 am

The only real complaint I have about the reffs yesterday is Hindmarsh never being called for lifting the leg to slow the PTB down