TUQIRI

ImageImageImage
Mighty Tigers

Re: TUQIRI

Post by Mighty Tigers » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 7:51 am

Love the guy. Unfortunately he is well past his prime.Decisions have to be made Mr Sheens

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 8:05 am

It is a bit heartbreaking isn't it? I wish things would turn around for him, I hate to see a player like Lote go out like this, but at the moment, it's just not working.

TigerMoz

Post by TigerMoz » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 8:12 am

Love the guy always have, nothing more exciting than watching him in full flight. But sadly his time is up, really was last year. Sadly again Sheens hasn't got the balls to drop him, after yesterday every team will put a freeway towards him.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 8:13 am

Had a bad 15 mins like most odd he team. lets get off their backs

You don't just dump a champion. Chris Lawrence missed some tackle as well. where is his thread .....

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 8:18 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:
Eddie wrote:Feel for Lote, the injuries have killed him. He is like a bus trying to turn around. Plus he spends half the game out on his feet. He is a class act and I have a huge amount of respect for him, however It might be a hard slog to turn it around. He was fantastic in 2010 but that seems a long time ago.
I felt he was decent until the last 20 minutes. He was however DREADFUL in this period. Why was he coming in off his wing is what I want to know.
what did you expect him to do.
first try was 3 on 1,the 2nd was 2 on 1.
structure was shot at the end.numerous times we only had 3 players from the goalposts to the sideline in defense.
when benji has to commit so far inside, so do his outside men.
you don't leave a gaping hole on your inside.which seems what you all want him to do.
should be looking at the forwards who weren't doing the job of being in position.

Furious1

Post by Furious1 » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 8:24 am

I find this thread unbelievable to be honest. Most of the tries were scored down that side, but to suggest it was all Lotes fault is ridiculous. I was sitting down that side of the field behind the play and i'd just like some of you experts to tell me which of the parra players that Lote had to mark he should have taken instead, because everytime it came there he was left stranded with a 2 man overlap on him and on one occasion i think there was a 3 man overlap.

There were problems down that side, no doubt about it, but the problems were occurring inside Lote which left him stranded like a shag on a rock.

For the record, i also agree Lote has been struggling the last couple of years, but as was said earlier, there was nothing wrong with his game for the first 67 minutes yesterday.

Furious1

Post by Furious1 » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 8:24 am

bonstonker wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:
Eddie wrote:Feel for Lote, the injuries have killed him. He is like a bus trying to turn around. Plus he spends half the game out on his feet. He is a class act and I have a huge amount of respect for him, however It might be a hard slog to turn it around. He was fantastic in 2010 but that seems a long time ago.
I felt he was decent until the last 20 minutes. He was however DREADFUL in this period. Why was he coming in off his wing is what I want to know.
structure was shot at the end.numerous times we only had 3 players from the goalposts to the sideline in defense.
you don't leave a gaping hole on your inside.which seems what you all want him to do.
should be looking at the forwards who weren't doing the job of being in position.
Exactly right.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 8:53 am

bonstonker wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:
I'll have to watch the replay but I tend to think you are right, the structure was all over the place and went out the window.

For 67 minutes I thought Lote was pretty good, bar one poor missed tackle on Hayne.

I thought Lawrence was worse than Lote in the final stages, how many tackles did he miss?

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 9:22 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:
bonstonker wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:
I'll have to watch the replay but I tend to think you are right, the structure was all over the place and went out the window.

For 67 minutes I thought Lote was pretty good, bar one poor missed tackle on Hayne.

I thought Lawrence was worse than Lote in the final stages, how many tackles did he miss?
lawrence missed obviously when ryan scored.
had 1 other on hayne when he was palmed away.

worst part for me was bmm.
looked great outside benji instead of blair in attack.
but in defense he is easily put off balance with any deviation from the runner and is suddenly scrambling to make the tackle.
if bmm plays wide he must defend in the middle.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 6:18 pm

:righton: - To both Bonstonker and Furious 1
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 6:26 pm

Wasn't BMM injured and had moved out to the sideline. Wanted to come off I thought

barra

Post by barra » Tue 01 May, 2012 9:36 am

Lote was isolated in defence which made things impossible for him a couple of times. But he is still well off the pace really. In fact he came back overweight and very unfit, this is his biggest issue and I don't understand how this was allowed to happen if he was only recovering from a wrist injury? Very unprofessional...

At this age he needed to come back trimmed down and fighting fit, not requiring to play umpteen matches to get there. Barring further injury he will come good again but it will take a couple of months and he won't get dropped so we better get used to it.

Bad management for mine.