no7

ImageImageImage
willow

Re: no7

Post by willow » Sun 29 Apr, 2012 8:42 pm

I'd give Miller the gig. Young Sirro is due back for the NTC next week, or the week after, so Payten has some depth in the halves there. Humble gets in and has a go, but the Tigers are really lacking a true halfback, and if Sheens continues to ignore this, I can't see the Tigers making much of a dent in the finals if they do claw their way back and make the 8.

Moh

Post by Moh » Sun 29 Apr, 2012 8:44 pm

It's only the Benji & Robbie show BECAUSE we don't have that no.7 that we need.

Just look at how well Lui went.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 29 Apr, 2012 8:45 pm

Not sure what some people are going on about. Benji and Robbie run the show because the halfback doesn't have much talent or abilility in that position. Lui scored tries and set tries up. He also did a fair amount of kicking in general play. He was a genuine threat that opponents would have studied. Humble is just a toiler, who opponents wouldn't study for 2 minutes. Please don't say he is playing the same role as Lui. If Humble had the talent he would set up some tries. You can harp on all day about game plan, I just don't think he's a natural.

A decent fullback and a good depth player. A halfback of a side aspiring to make the Top 4, no chance. Miller has the potential to be. Surely he is worth an extended run.

BenjiMagic96

Post by BenjiMagic96 » Sun 29 Apr, 2012 8:47 pm

willow wrote:I'd give Miller the gig. Young Sirro is due back for the NTC next week, or the week after, so Payten has some depth in the halves there. Humble gets in and has a go, but the Tigers are really lacking a true halfback, and if Sheens continues to ignore this, I can't see the Tigers making much of a dent in the finals if they do claw their way back and make the 8.
YUP, You need a good spine to win a game, like Storm do they have a good number 1,6,7 & 9 also the defence needs to be at %100 during the whole game not for the first 67 minutes, but overall it was not the whole teams fault it was the wing's side fault because that is where most tries went in from Moltzen made a good chase but I guess it wasn't enough to catch the last try.

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Sun 29 Apr, 2012 8:53 pm

innsaneink wrote:Moltzen was doing nothing or instructed to do nothing when he was there too......its the Benji & Robbie show

We play our half as a mere link man or sometime dummy half...thats all
Spot on Ink ... As long as he can tackle and do as he is told ... He's done his job.
I'd stick to him.

hellman

Post by hellman » Sun 29 Apr, 2012 9:03 pm

supercoach wrote:So let me get this right, Humble,Moltzen and Miller when given the seven role are playing to orders from Sheens to let Benji and Farah call the shots and they just catch,pass and tackle. If that is the case how come Lui, kicked and ran ball plus passed it (didnt tackle so well).
Yep. I don't think it is a coaching thing - I just think the players that have been there aren't natural halves (Moltzen and Humble) or good enough (Miller). Lui wasn't great either but he did more than all the other options we have tried there.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 29 Apr, 2012 9:24 pm

Knuckles wrote:
innsaneink wrote:Moltzen was doing nothing or instructed to do nothing when he was there too......its the Benji & Robbie show

Spot on Ink ... As long as he can tackle and do as he is told ... He's done his job.
I'd stick to him.
Lui was more then a link man. He was our dominant playmaker in certain games.

For mine it comes down to natural talent in that position. Lui had it. Moltzen and Humble don't. Thus Benji and Robbie seem to do all the ball playing and kicking. Just like 2009-09 when Johnny Cronk was in the 7.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 29 Apr, 2012 9:51 pm

I think people are getting my point wrong.

Of course your 7 shouldnt be a mere link man taking a back seat....unforeseen (sort of /2nd offence) circumstances see us with no half

But why doesnt Sheens give Miller a crack?
He likes the Benji & farah show

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Sun 29 Apr, 2012 9:55 pm

Yeah I'm with Tim .... Too many cooks spoil the broth ... You can't have them all calling the shots !

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 29 Apr, 2012 9:58 pm

People dont get it!!! Since Prince departed we have had two decent years, 2010 and 2011. We had a no7 in those two years. Okay Lui had some problems in defense but he was a real handful for the other teams. Lui is now gone, so why are we not putting the same effort into Miller who is a genuine no7, I just dont get it we heard all the talk from Sheens how much work they put into Lui, why not do the same for Miller.

My guess the horse has bolted now, we too long into the season to expect any real changes--sad

claws

Post by claws » Sun 29 Apr, 2012 10:36 pm

I don't yet see the problem with Humble. He appears to be doing his job. Lui didn't start taking control of plays when he first started at half. Lui the poor kid copped a hammering from posters about his defence and attack. Sheens copped plenty as well for persisting with him. I see Humble doing the same as Lui, only defending better. TH has only played about four games at half back for us, therefore I say, give the lad a go. He will be given more freedom as the season progresses, no doubt. I believe he is doing a great job for us thus far. Go Weststigers!

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 29 Apr, 2012 10:51 pm

Eddie wrote:
Knuckles wrote:

I'd stick to him.
Lui was more then a link man. He was our dominant playmaker in certain games.

For mine it comes down to natural talent in that position. Lui had it. Moltzen and Humble don't. Thus Benji and Robbie seem to do all the ball playing and kicking. Just like 2009-09 when Johnny Cronk was in the 7.
Spot on Eddie.

Anyone who thinks Humble is as good as Lui or is doing the same job is kidding themselves. Lui was a natural ball player with a kicking game, who had a hand in a lot of our tries and would force his hand even with Robbie and Benji calling the shots.

Humble is a fringe first grade utility at best. No kicking game. No creativity. He is an honest toiler who's effort can't be faulted but he is not a first grade halfback.

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Sun 29 Apr, 2012 11:13 pm

claws wrote:I don't yet see the problem with Humble. He appears to be doing his job. Lui didn't start taking control of plays when he first started at half. Lui the poor kid copped a hammering from posters about his defence and attack. Sheens copped plenty as well for persisting with him. I see Humble doing the same as Lui, only defending better. TH has only played about four games at half back for us, therefore I say, give the lad a go. He will be given more freedom as the season progresses, no doubt. I believe he is doing a great job for us thus far. Go Weststigers!
Great post claws, you put it very well.

Lui took ages to get his act together and Humble is being judged after a handful of games. Do you really believe that Sheens doesn't tell him to NOT get in the way?? Of course he does. He will be gradually building him into the position. Lui was brought through the 20's and was aware of our style of play, Humble hasn't had that advantage.

Why should Moltzen, Miller of Humble try to excel at half when they know Benji and Robbie will be controlling all of the attack, and the position is taken by Anasta next year. That's the ironic thing, it will take time for any of the three to feel comfortable with their role in the team - and as soon as they do in swans Anasta and their position is back to fullback or utility on the bench...

Who wants to keep doing the same job in the knowledge that they can never get a promotion? However of the three I think Humble is the player Sheens can best mould into the attacking, linking player Lui was.

stryker

Post by stryker » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 12:27 am

supercoach wrote:People dont get it!!! Since Prince departed we have had two decent years, 2010 and 2011. We had a no7 in those two years. Okay Lui had some problems in defense but he was a real handful for the other teams. Lui is now gone, so why are we not putting the same effort into Miller who is a genuine no7, I just dont get it we heard all the talk from Sheens how much work they put into Lui, why not do the same for Miller.

My guess the horse has bolted now, we too long into the season to expect any real changes--sad
I get it mate...these thoughts I 100% agree with...

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 6:10 am

it's pretty obvious who has the skill set and who doesn't.
nothing to do with instructions.

as for miller,i haven't seen enough of him to know what he has.

tigerlogic

Post by tigerlogic » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 6:44 am

Thought humble has been taking on more each week, he looks more confident each game

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

TigerMoz

Post by TigerMoz » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 8:17 am

Supercoach said it all. We desperately need a halfback, the best we can buy, the full potential of the attack will never be realized until we do.