Premiership winning teams don't do that!

ImageImageImage
WestsSupporter

Premiership winning teams don't do that!

Post by WestsSupporter » Sun 29 Apr, 2012 9:15 pm

Premiership winning teams don't let in five tries in 12 minutes! Pathetic I say. We starting on everyone's dial now people would laugh in your face if you thought Tigers could win this year.

At least we got the two premiership points.
Extremely frustrated fan. Try not to let my negativity get to you.

westie18

Post by westie18 » Sun 29 Apr, 2012 9:30 pm

Some of the team have to ask themselves, why they are running around for eighty minutes and not look like they care about the result, a lapse in focus is one thing, but, 30 points in 16 minutes is "wrong", isn't it funny, in my work if I don't perform I am in danger of being turfed, as I suspect a lot of other people on this forum could relate to, but some of these players can perform half assed and still turn up next week. This type of attitude would send shivers through the HR departments of many organisations / companies, so if we have people thinking that they just need to show up to get paid, we have real problems, two points is good but not a positive sign. C'mon Wests.
It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters in the end.

Post by 2041 » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 8:43 am

The Dragons conceded five tries in 16 minutes to Canberra in their 2010 premiership season. And they didn't win the game.

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/news ... 20024.aspx

Golden

Post by Golden » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 9:54 am

2041 wrote:The Dragons conceded five tries in 16 minutes to Canberra in their 2010 premiership season. And they didn't win the game.

it the last 10 mins?? and were they 31-0 in front?? big different mentally they were getting flogged find me a game where someone has let 30 points in with a lead and still won

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 10:04 am

Would make you wonder if we were 31 up in the grand final with 15 to go if it could happen again .....

Golden

Post by Golden » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 10:10 am

cktiger wrote:Would make you wonder if we were 31 up in the grand final with 15 to go if it could happen again .....
you know what? I was thinking exactly this last night. if we just won the Grand final like this we wouldn't care we would be celebrating. note eels knights 2001. no one cares about 30 24 scoreline they all remmeber it being 24-0 at halftime

it's funny how it is only a regular season game and where cranky it;'s all because of F and A it means something

Post by 2041 » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 12:17 pm

Golden wrote:
2041 wrote:The Dragons conceded five tries in 16 minutes to Canberra in their 2010 premiership season. And they didn't win the game.

it the last 10 mins?? and were they 31-0 in front?? big different mentally they were getting flogged find me a game where someone has let 30 points in with a lead and still won
Yeah it was different for the Dragons - it was much worse. They were narrowly winning a game in the second half then absolutely collapsed to concede five tries in 16 minutes. They weren't, as you suggest, "getting flogged" (or not until after they conceded five tries in 16 minutes anyway). Do you really think it's worse to concede five quick tries in a game you cannot lose than to concede five quick tries to go from winning narrowly to being battered?

Oh yeah, and let's not forget the Warriors last season. They coughed up four tries in 15 minutes to lose to us at home in a game they had been much the better team in for well over an hour. Then they end up playing a grand final after turning us over with a late try in the finals. Obviously they should just have packed up after the Mount Smart embarrassment and admitted that since good teams don't do that there wasn't any point in carrying on with the season.

Look, don't get me wrong: the end of the game yesterday was horrible and it certainly isn't something you'd expect to see very often from a good side. But to claim that these kind of things never happen to decent teams is simply untrue - in fact one of the most dominant premiership winning sides of recent memory did exactly the same thing in the last two years with a worse outcome (ie: they lost the game).

Post by 2041 » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 12:18 pm

cktiger wrote:Would make you wonder if we were 31 up in the grand final with 15 to go if it could happen again .....
You know what? I'll take 31-0 up in the grand final with 15 to go right now. If we get to that position and lose I'll buy each and every forum contributor (minimum 100 posts, say) a shiny new bike.

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 12:21 pm

The most bizarre thing is we didn't concede a point for the previous 147mins.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

stryker

Post by stryker » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 12:22 pm

I want a Ducati 2041....

Golden

Post by Golden » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 4:05 pm

2041 wrote:
Golden wrote:

Yeah it was different for the Dragons - it was much worse. They were narrowly winning a game in the second half then absolutely collapsed to concede five tries in 16 minutes. They weren't, as you suggest, "getting flogged" (or not until after they conceded five tries in 16 minutes anyway). Do you really think it's worse to concede five quick tries in a game you cannot lose than to concede five quick tries to go from winning narrowly to being battered?

Oh yeah, and let's not forget the Warriors last season. They coughed up four tries in 15 minutes to lose to us at home in a game they had been much the better team in for well over an hour. Then they end up playing a grand final after turning us over with a late try in the finals. Obviously they should just have packed up after the Mount Smart embarrassment and admitted that since good teams don't do that there wasn't any point in carrying on with the season.

Look, don't get me wrong: the end of the game yesterday was horrible and it certainly isn't something you'd expect to see very often from a good side. But to claim that these kind of things never happen to decent teams is simply untrue - in fact one of the most dominant premiership winning sides of recent memory did exactly the same thing in the last two years with a worse outcome (ie: they lost the game).

I guess this game was a bit like the bulldogs round 2 game in 05 leading 36 18 and winning by 1 (at least we didn't ahve to deal with golden point or kick a field goal)

You will find this is the greatest ever comeback of all time even with the loss.

I know that 26-0 is the record and the cowgirls won that game against panthers, but I bet this is the biggest ever margin a team has come back from and closest they have gone.

Note warriors made the grand final last year and played us a team 2 games from the GF when they blew the lead
Note dragons never win in Canberra and didn't the raiders finish top 8 that year? oh yeah they were on fire that time of year we had to knock them out in Canberra!

we just let a 31-0 with 13 to go go to 31-30 by the wooden spooners with the worst 5/8 and halfback in the comp worst attacking team in the comp etc

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 4:56 pm

tiga4eva wrote:The most bizarre thing is we didn't concede a point for the previous 147mins.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
You know what, that is an interesting point, tiga. It takes a damn good effort to hold any team to nil in a game these days, but to do it for almost 2 games would be both physically and mentally taxing. Perhaps once the first try came, the flood gates opened because the pressure was released - just a thought, but I'm probably just trying to make myself feel better ;)

And I think he meant a push bike, stryker, but nice try anyway :lol:
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Bombs Away

Post by Bombs Away » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 5:02 pm

Time to just get on the schooners

tigertales

Post by tigertales » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 5:10 pm

Bombs Away wrote:Time to just get on the schooners
Really? I thought from your posts you must have been already on them, noone is possibly that silly sober champ!

Bombs Away

Post by Bombs Away » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 5:14 pm

Mate,,,I am blind!!! $1 schooners at Rozelle Bowlo EVERYDAY!! I signed Timmy Sheens up today as a member at Rozelle Bowlo he is going to be my pairs partner!!! Last year for Timmy in Tiger land!!! New big things in store for Timmy chasing the jack!!