Can't believe it

ImageImageImage
GNR4LIFE

Can't believe it

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 1:21 pm

The amount of people who have just swept the last 13 mins under the rug like it was no big deal. And i'm not just referring to this forum, its the same on other forums as well. And if you dare criticise what happened in the last 13 your laballed as 'negative' who can't be satisfied with the two points. I've had it out with a couple people over this. Yes there is unesseccary whinging at times after wins, but how in the hell can anyone be criticsed after that effort in closing out the game yesterday? it was a disgrace, and it deserves to be laballed as such. Anyone who is happy to just ignore what happened, sees it as no big deal, or thinks the 2 points was the main thing is obviously happy to dwell in mediocrity

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 2:24 pm

I'd like to think of myself as one of the people who is probably less critical of the side after a win or even a close loss, but there's no excuse for that final 15 minutes yesterday.

We dominated for 65 minutes only to allow a team coming stone motherless last to pile on five converted tries and two bombed tries in 13 minutes. Am I happy with the win? Of course I am, We need every win we can get at this point in time, but the end result was a disgrace and it deserves a negative response from the fanbase.

The simple fact is that premiership material sides don't concede that many points in the latter quarter. If anything, they pile it on. We are nowhere near good enough to be mentioned in the same breath as Melbourne, Brisbane or even Cronulla.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 2:30 pm

Yet we get called crazy for saying such things CB. I hate to use the 'heads in the sand' term because i know its been worn out, but after yesterday some people don't have their heads in the sand, they have their entire bodies buried

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 2:38 pm

Look at Melbourne last Wednesday. 14-all with about 10-15 minutes to go against a Warriors side who was putting the fight to them and looked certain to take it right to the 80th minute. The Storm held their own, and ended up putting 18 further points on in that period to run away with it. They did the hard yards in the business end of the game. We were up 31-blot and all we had to do was run five hit ups and kick for the corners. Couldn't even do that.

I could live with them coughing up one or two tries, but it looked as though they lost complete interest altogether.

We had our foot on the throat and we let a rabble embarrass us. It was reprehensible.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

The Tooth

Post by The Tooth » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 2:46 pm

I fall into the category you've described. Game gone, two points in the bag. Whats it worth to anybody stewing over the final 15 minutes. They'll look at the tape, see they played very well for 6o odd minutes, then see what went wrong and what they could have done better in the final 15 minutes.

Its pretty much done and dusted now, by tommorrow all that matters is the next game.

Have your go at them by all means, yes it was a very poor 15 minutes, but not 80 minutes.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 2:47 pm

You cannot blame the complete team for what happened yesterday. There was something missing from our left side defence, mainly one player. We were always one short on that side. Lote, who I think should be dropped anyway, had to come in on three occasions to cover the absentee.

Who was missing? That is the question. Moltzen was nowhere to be seen, neither was the lock forward Bell. No doubt Sheen's will fix this up by next week. One can only hope.

Moltzen has to go, full stop.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 2:49 pm

Anyone who still thinks we can win the comp after yesterday is dead-set delusional. The truth hurts

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 2:54 pm

The Tooth wrote:I fall into the category you've described. Game gone, two points in the bag. Whats it worth to anybody stewing over the final 15 minutes. They'll look at the tape, see they played very well for 6o odd minutes, then see what went wrong and what they could have done better in the final 15 minutes.

Its pretty much done and dusted now, by tommorrow all that matters is the next game.

Have your go at them by all means, yes it was a very poor 15 minutes, but not 80 minutes.
So they will learn their lesson just like that will they? just like they did against Souths a month ago and like they did in the other 6 or 7 games in the last couple yrs that we've just totaly bombed, including 2 semi-finals? PFFT PLEASE

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 2:56 pm

I agree, can you imagine what Storm fans would be like if their team pulled this sort of crap?

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 3:10 pm

magpiecol wrote:You cannot blame the complete team for what happened yesterday. There was something missing from our left side defence, mainly one player. We were always one short on that side. Lote, who I think should be dropped anyway, had to come in on three occasions to cover the absentee.

Who was missing? That is the question. Moltzen was nowhere to be seen, neither was the lock forward Bell. No doubt Sheen's will fix this up by next week. One can only hope.

Moltzen has to go, full stop.
If you directed your eyes to the bench, that's where you would have found Bell.

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 3:15 pm

I was probably delusional at this time in 2005 according to your criteria .... Of course the WT can still win the comp.

Bookies aren't taking chances ... They're still only around 12/1

Anything can happen in football ... That's what keeps it interesting.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 3:22 pm

Knuckles wrote:I was probably delusional at this time in 2005 according to your criteria .... Of course the WT can still win the comp.

Bookies aren't taking chances ... They're still only around 12/1

Anything can happen in football ... That's what keeps it interesting.
At any point in 05 did we concede 30 points in 13 mins? way to twist my words to suit your arguement

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 3:28 pm

Haha ... You leave yourself a bit open !

Didn't the Broncos put 50+ on us before we came good ... How delusional would I have been then ... Bookies would have agreed having us 150/1

The Tooth

Post by The Tooth » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 3:32 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
The Tooth wrote:I fall into the category you've described. Game gone, two points in the bag. Whats it worth to anybody stewing over the final 15 minutes. They'll look at the tape, see they played very well for 6o odd minutes, then see what went wrong and what they could have done better in the final 15 minutes.

So they will learn their lesson just like that will they? just like they did against Souths a month ago and like they did in the other 6 or 7 games in the last couple yrs that we've just totaly bombed, including 2 semi-finals? PFFT PLEASE
Nobody's saying it was acceptable GNR4LIFE. Did you even hear the coach and players interviewed? Your not telling anyone anything we dont know. Just about every professional athelete will tell you positivity goes along way and dwelling on negatives only sends you backwards.
Focusing on the positives and learning from their mistakes - I'm sure this is the approach the coaching staff and players will be taking as opposed to your implied alternative of throwing your hands in the air, having a hissy fit and not bothering turning up next week or any other week for the rest of the season.

The Tooth

Post by The Tooth » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 3:36 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Anyone who still thinks we can win the comp after yesterday is dead-set delusional. The truth hurts
If yesterday was about round 20, then I would tend to agree. Theres a long time between now and then.

barra

Post by barra » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 3:39 pm

RatedRKO wrote:I agree, can you imagine what Storm fans would be like if their team pulled this sort of crap?
I don't think they need worry - I doubt Storm or Broncos fans are in danger of this!

The bottom line is that we are not as mentally tough as those teams. We never have been. We get rattled by an unexpected injury, the scoreboard, player unrest, player contracts, you name it.

And yesterday we got rattled by a team that scored back-to-back tries!

I doubt there is another team so easily distracted and affected as Wests Tigers. It is a mindset that has dogged this team for several years. Players like Ellis and Blair have come here and not been able to influence it. It must come from the top, ie the coach and team leaders.

For better or worse, these are the very people who are responsible for our success, however mental toughness is not part of the make up.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 3:40 pm

The Tooth wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:Anyone who still thinks we can win the comp after yesterday is dead-set delusional. The truth hurts
If yesterday was about round 20, then I would tend to agree. Theres a long time between now and then.
That line seems to be contagious. 'its only round 3, its only round 4, its only round 5'. Well guess what? at what stage do you sit up and admit things are looking shakey?

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 3:43 pm

Knuckles wrote:I was probably delusional at this time in 2005 according to your criteria .... Of course the WT can still win the comp.
In 2005 we had a halfback and a fullback. I'm sorry but you can't win the comp with poor players in key positions.

Yesterday's capitulation just showed that we are a poor team who will be doing well to scrape into the 8. Premiership contenders? Not a chance in the world.

What other side in this comp would allow a team as poor as the Eels to pile on five tries in 15 minutes?