Lawrence at five-eighth?

ImageImageImage
1/4 chicken,chips

Re: Lawrence at five-eighth?

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sat 05 May, 2012 8:09 am

i think it would work ,but my only worry is the vastly out of form ayshford. W e are too slow out wide.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 05 May, 2012 8:11 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:
gallagher wrote:
innsaneink wrote:Worry about it if and/or when it happens
Much more fun to be outraged right now Ink. I mean what if it not true? I would have wasted all that time that I could have been whinging.
Tiger99 has never been wrong. Not once.

Let's face it, would anyone be surprised?

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Not quite, He said over summer Fulton would not be at the club.
Theres other stuff I recall Im sure his groupies can recall

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Sat 05 May, 2012 8:46 am

Just leave the players where they were named to play, no chopping & changing.

travis_bickle

Post by travis_bickle » Sat 05 May, 2012 10:13 am

I think it's a good move! Ashford isn't going to improve spending 60 minutes on the bench every week. Lawerence has been unimpressive in the centres this year, and this will force him to be more involved. I think it's time for some chopping and changing because the Tigers have hardly been setting the world on fire this year.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 05 May, 2012 10:18 am

Whatever happens happens I guess.

All that matters is the side make their tackles, hold the ball and execute the strategy for 80 minutes

whoneedstherapy

Post by whoneedstherapy » Sat 05 May, 2012 10:30 am

I'm not sure we should be seeing him doing a fair portion of high risk ball playing If this means rowdy gets to run the ball a lot more i'm all for it.

tigertown

Post by tigertown » Sat 05 May, 2012 11:14 am

Hahahaha tim sheens is a joke how can he put rowdy at 5/8. This guy went for being 1 of the best centers in the game last year and this year is 1 of the strugglers in our team. He should either persist with humble or give a young bloke a go. I wish he would give miller a proper go in 1 st grade this kid has shown he has the skills and ticker. Let this kid play his normal game and he will be a superstar.

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Sat 05 May, 2012 11:27 am

innsaneink wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:
gallagher wrote:
innsaneink wrote:Worry about it if and/or when it happens
Much more fun to be outraged right now Ink. I mean what if it not true? I would have wasted all that time that I could have been whinging.
Tiger99 has never been wrong. Not once.

Let's face it, would anyone be surprised?

Not quite, He said over summer Fulton would not be at the club.
Theres other stuff I recall Im sure his groupies can recall
The Tigers certainly seemed to be trying to push him out. I remember an interview where Liam said 'they can't make me leave'.

Obviously something was happening but it just didn't result in what Tiger99 expected. That doesn't mean he was wrong to me.

Anyway, I'm off topic....

Lawrence to 5/8th is just a bad call. I think he has only scored 1 try so far this season? I'm not sure what is up with Chris, but he certainly isn't himeself and the halves are just such a critical position. Especially since his catching/ passing game and defence has been terrible.

I really don't think Tommy has done much wrong either! He hasn't set the world on fire, but if Sheensy want's that, then Miller is waiting.

It's just one of those Sheens head scratching moments I think... My head was pretty chaffed during the J Mo years. I think we should just be thankful that it's happening less and less these days.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 05 May, 2012 12:14 pm

No that's bright ..wonders never cease at Concord.

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Sat 05 May, 2012 12:20 pm

god i hope not. he has tried marshall at 7 so many times before and it hasnt worked. keep the team the way it is!

on the foxsports website:

Wests Tigers coach Tim Sheens is poised to spring a selection shock for their match against Gold Coast Titans by pushing international centre Chris Lawrence - a near certainty for the NSW side - into five-eighth.

Lawrence's probable shift would mean star player Benji Marshall moves from five-eighth into halfback with number seven Tom Humble reverting to the interchange bench.

Humble was named as starting halfback on Tuesday afternoon for the Skilled Park match.

Lawrence's positional change would leave open a centre spot, likely to be filled by Blake Ayshford, who was originally named on the interchange bench.

Tigers officials would not confirm the positional changes.

Meanwhile, representative utility Greg Bird will come to the rescue should an untried Gold Coast halves combination of Jordan Rankin and Aidan Sezer struggle to click.

Sezer, 21, has played just two NRL games for the Titans, while 20-year-old Rankin takes over from injured No.7 Scott Prince after drifting between the halves and fullback.

But a hamstring injury to long-term signing William Zillman has thrust the inexperienced youngsters together.

Sezer, who will assume Prince's goalkicking duties, and Rankin ran in the halves on Friday morning to suggest the pair would at least start the game at Skilled Park.

With Luke Douglas and Mark Minichiello on his interchange bench, Titans coach John Cartwright can easily swing Bird into the halves if needed.

"We've got Greg Bird there who can play five-eighth so I'll probably sleep on it overnight," said Cartwright.

"At this stage we'll keep Jordan at half and Aidan at five-eighth."

Despite the depleted nature of their line-up, Tigers coach Tim Sheens said his side could not afford to underestimate the Titans.

The Tigers have just started to repair a campaign that threatened to implode with five straight losses after an opening-round win.

"You cannot disrespect anybody - it doesn't matter where you are on the table," Sheens said.

"We can't certainly, we're not that far up the table.

"We haven't got six or seven wins behind us. We have to work as hard as any team and against any team.

"We've finally got our feet on the ground and had a couple of wins and we want to build on that."

Bird looked in top order at training and a big game on Saturday night against the Tigers would clinch him a NSW Origin jumper.

The Titans will need big games from both Bird and centre Jamal Idris, who has to get more involved following an innocuous start to 2012 after promising so much.

Queensland Origin forward Ashley Harrison will have his work cut out around the edges where Marshall and hooker Robbie Farah, who's playing for the NSW No.9 jumper, can be so dangerous.

"You've got to expect the unexpected with them," warned Harrison.

"Benji plays off-the-cuff and Farah is very creative so we know we have to be on our toes around the middle."

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 05 May, 2012 2:43 pm

What do people watch?
Marshalls at 1st reciever at least half the time in almost all the games....hello?!?!???...thats halfback
I wonder what the club think of this so-called news being leaked

WestsSupporter

Post by WestsSupporter » Sat 05 May, 2012 3:29 pm

innsaneink wrote:What do people watch?
Marshalls at 1st reciever at least half the time in almost all the games....hello?!?!???...thats halfback
yeah mate rugby league nerds tend to forget its just a number
Extremely frustrated fan. Try not to let my negativity get to you.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sat 05 May, 2012 3:31 pm

Ink...its frustrates the hell out of me. Benji has been our halfback for years but wears 6 for his own weird personal head demons he has regarding wearing 7. We need to find a nice 5/8 to go with him. Looks like that could be Anasta....but for this year its a lottery. I cant see Lawrence being the answer. Maybe put Benj in 7 and allow Moltz to finally play his true position of 6....im not sure
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

hellman

Post by hellman » Sat 05 May, 2012 4:14 pm

king sirro wrote:Maybe put Benj in 7 and allow Moltz to finally play his true position of 6....im not sure
I don't know why this hasn't happened yet.

Long Distance Tiger

Post by Long Distance Tiger » Sat 05 May, 2012 6:02 pm

Just spoke to Humble's mum at the bar at the stadium. It's on - he's on the bench

tigertye

Post by tigertye » Sat 05 May, 2012 6:26 pm

Long Distance Tiger wrote:Just spoke to Humble's mum at the bar at the stadium. It's on - he's on the bench

Cheers LDT, did she mention why? Don't really think Humble has set the world on fire, but he's been going well.

Long Distance Tiger

Post by Long Distance Tiger » Sat 05 May, 2012 7:02 pm

Nope. Didn't ask the question - sorry

willow

Post by willow » Sat 05 May, 2012 7:13 pm

innsaneink wrote:What do people watch?
That may well be the case Ink, but Lawrence at 5/8 has not really brought any outstanding results so far, and given he's in with a fair shot of earning a centre spot in the NSW side, this move is an odd one IMO.