just an average footy team

ImageImageImage
willow

Re: just an average footy team

Post by willow » Sat 05 May, 2012 10:17 pm

1/4 chicken,chips wrote:
willow wrote:
1/4 chicken,chips wrote:no more bull crap can be said for this team ,they just let a team outplay them all over the park .
Titan try a rookie half and it works , we throw Marshall to half and he is a passenger all night .
Something has to give ,either Sheens goes or the side has a complete cleanout ,W e have absolutely no pace in our backline .
Other teams promote young fast kids and pley them on the wings , no not Sheens he is too smart for that.We just buy players like Reddy.
Junior moors gets 12 minutes , yet another waste of a bench player . Somebody dosent have a clue and this current side has no chance at the title .
This criticism is all well and good - I do agree with you, but are you going to go and support another team because of the way the Tigers are performing?

I know I won't.
no way Willow , but you have to admit our side is very hard to watch at the moment .
Absolutely, we know they are capable of better, I'm sure the players know they are capable of better. Buggered if I can put my finger on the reason why...I mean fullback and halfback has been a problem all year which is obvious, but the Tigers are conceding more line breaks than any other team in the comp, and we're not the smallest side so I think if the defence can become a brick wall, the tide should turn. I'm hopeful, but not overly confident.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 05 May, 2012 10:19 pm

1/4 chicken,chips wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
1/4 chicken,chips wrote:no more bull crap can be said for this team ,they just let a team outplay them all over the park .
Titan try a rookie half and it works , we throw Marshall to half and he is a passenger all night .
Something has to give ,either Sheens goes or the side has a complete cleanout ,W e have absolutely no pace in our backline .
Other teams promote young fast kids and pley them on the wings , no not Sheens he is too smart for that.We just buy players like Reddy.
Junior moors gets 12 minutes , yet another waste of a bench player . Somebody dosent have a clue and this current side has no chance at the title .
I bet Humble wished he got 12 minutes
I forgot abour Humble ,so we virtually played with 15 men , another masterstroke by the master.
The start of the masterstroke was not starting with him

The second was not trying to isolate Ayshford 1 on 1 with Idris more often ,happened once and he made him miss badly and he scores Every time we went that way we looked dangerous

Was it just me or did that stand out like the proverbial

Gazman

Post by Gazman » Sat 05 May, 2012 10:42 pm

Still holding onto hope the team can fight their way out of this form slump, but this year seems different to the last two years and cant put my finger on it but seems like their desire is not there. Maybe those disappointments in those finals have caught up with them. They may be winning ugly but look at the opposition so far , hate to think what will happen when we start playing the top 4 sides

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Sat 05 May, 2012 10:43 pm

happy tiger wrote: The second was not trying to isolate Ayshford 1 on 1 with Idris more often ,happened once and he made him miss badly and he scores Every time we went that way we looked dangerous

Was it just me or did that stand out like the proverbial
Ayshford was carving Idris, easily our best back tonight. Not sure why we kept going left whenever we got the ball.

tigerbalm

Post by tigerbalm » Sun 06 May, 2012 12:37 am

There is a different feel to the side this year and it's negative. If the fact that parramatta can put 30 on in 15 isn't enough for them to start firing today then what is? Blair is literally useless, atleast Lote tried and failed but Blair literally is of no use to wests in anyway. I can't see this form changing and it reminds me of a 2007-09 wests where sheens was swapping and trying players and the big guys just had no heart. Anyone that takes any satisfaction out of beating a panthers team missing 8 first graders, a parramatta team who (1win all year) put a record 30 points on in 13 minutes and now a struggling titans minus the captain plus winger. Wests will struggle to make the 8, if we do it's a first week knock out to melb or brissy. I would be happy with this if it wasn't so obvious that the team is stuggling under sheens....

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 06 May, 2012 12:51 am

tigerbalm wrote:There is a different feel to the side this year and it's negative. If the fact that parramatta can put 30 on in 15 isn't enough for them to start firing today then what is? Blair is literally useless, atleast Lote tried and failed but Blair literally is of no use to wests in anyway. I can't see this form changing and it reminds me of a 2007-09 wests where sheens was swapping and trying players and the big guys just had no heart. Anyone that takes any satisfaction out of beating a panthers team missing 8 first graders, a parramatta team who (1win all year) put a record 30 points on in 13 minutes and now a struggling titans minus the captain plus winger. Wests will struggle to make the 8, if we do it's a first week knock out to melb or brissy. I would be happy with this if it wasn't so obvious that the team is stuggling under sheens....

Spot on, Tigerbalm - you've nailed it! It's gonna take massive changes for this team to be anywhere near ready to challenge for the top 8, let alone the premiership. We've seen them click at the right end of the season before, but that is not looking likely to happen again, at the moment. There is something really wrong with them this year. Our record is 3 1 point wins and a 30 point drubbing of a team missing most of it's key players. Doesn't fill me with much confidence. Also, I'd like to say I was really disappointed with Blair, but tbh, I wasn't real keen on him in the first place. He never really impressed me much when he was with Melbourne, so for me, his game just looks like more of the same.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Anthism

Post by Anthism » Sun 06 May, 2012 12:56 am

Gazman wrote:Still holding onto hope the team can fight their way out of this form slump, but this year seems different to the last two years and cant put my finger on it but seems like their desire is not there. Maybe those disappointments in those finals have caught up with them. They may be winning ugly but look at the opposition so far , hate to think what will happen when we start playing the top 4 sides
We have played the top 4 sides except Melbourne/Cowboys so far and both were close games. I'm sure we can topple the cowboys if we are playing at home too.
It's the typical tigers people you should know the deal by now. Poor start to season followed by a good turn around post origin. Look at the warriors game last year (round 17 or so).
Be patient it's not like we're anywhere near out of the running. Get behind the team and let's channel some positive energy instead of sobbing. Im sure it would be a great thought for the players to know the fans will stick by them

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 06 May, 2012 1:08 am

Sorry to say but we are crap. If we play the same way against teams like the Storm, Broncos and Manly we'll be embarressed. We've already been beaten by Manly and the Broncs. We need to get our act together quickly or we will just be making up the numbers. I don't mean to single anyone out, but i have defended him for 12 months, but gee Lote is doing a realy good job of looking like he is past it atm. Don't get me wrong, i love the guy and will never forget how good he was in '10, but he's almost in his mid-30's now, i think his time is drawing to a close. But in saying all this though, does it mean i'll walk away? Hell no, i'll turn up every week, but there is nothing wrong with honesty every now and then, i don't see why we should follow blindly and just happy with the two points, we need to face the facts about where we are

I'll end this on a positive note though, and i'm realy over the moon for Robbie that he was the man tonight at the best possible time. Who knows if the selectors will even take notice, but i'm glad he took the bull by the horns and got stuck in. Hopefully this crap during the week has fueled him for the remainder of the yr. And what about Woods? correct me if i'm wrong but i'm almost certain he played 80 mins. I realy think we have our own version of Paul Gallen in the making with this kid

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Sun 06 May, 2012 2:19 am

Farah, Woods, Bell, BMM, Ayshford, Reddy and Fulton had very good game.
Marshall, Moltzen, Ryan, Cashmere, Blair & Galloway were solid.
Dissapointment: Tuqiri and Lawrence.
IMHO Moors deserved more tham 10 minutes.

Big improvement in Benji's defense and goal kicking to last year.

Go Tigers.

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Mon 07 May, 2012 10:02 am

we've got a pretty tough run coming up after the bye

Warriors will be a team we'll be fighting it out with for ladder position, and are finding form

Cowboys are also in good form but luckily we've got em in Sydney

Storm away, yikes (but it might be a game with their origin players absent? we can only hope)

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Mon 07 May, 2012 11:21 am

one out and side to side.
that is all this team has at the moment.

unfortunately most are just standing back watching.
no support out there in attack with little direction.

i honestly believe if sheens bites the bullet now and plays miller 7 and lawrence at fullback it will pay dividends during the back end of the season.

Tommy Magpie

Post by Tommy Magpie » Mon 07 May, 2012 12:11 pm

They are just not gelling well at the moment. First half against the Titans I was getting angry. I wanted to go out and slap them all and tell them to get interested. I hope it changes soon or the season will be gone.

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Mon 07 May, 2012 1:45 pm

even though the team is not performing to its capabilities, they have won 3 in a row.
if they were that crap, they would not have won as many in a row.

yes some games have been decided by one point, at worst give them credit for thinking of taking that one point.
one point which has ensured two wins.( why they did not go for this against rabbitohs when 12 in front still annoys me)

yes could be alot better, and alot worse.

must admit not happy with what we have seen, and no doubt we all had fairly high expectations, in off season and season start.the team will finish 6th or better. we all know its a rollercoaster ride, following wests-tigers.

they need player position stabliity.
once this happens good results will flow
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 07 May, 2012 3:12 pm

3 wins in a row, all away from home, albeit against weak opposition, is not at all terrible.

Obviously we are not going great at the moment, but we have good footy in us, and we are hanging in there at the moment.

Positives Lawrence and Ayshford were much better, clearly Id like to see Lawrence playing in the centres, but they were both more involved and returning to something like they are capable of.

Moltzen was significantly better, took a lot of kicks on the full and returned the ball well, it should be remembered he would have trained all year at half back, hence may take time to find form. It should be noted last year once he was put in a position and left there after about 3 weeks he improved and finished very well for the last 10 games, we are now at the point where he started to improve, if he can replicate what he did back end of last year we will be a much better side.

And the obvious Farrah was brilliant.

If we keep to improve we will be right

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 07 May, 2012 4:09 pm

Three wins in a row, against the three worst teams in the competition.

The next month will show us where this team is at as we finally play some decent teams.

andrew 474

Post by andrew 474 » Mon 07 May, 2012 4:26 pm

3 wins now and not good wins although our last win was the best effort , no we are not playing good footy and i have been one to say so , But i realy think it is a mind thing , they all can play footy and well , they just need that turning point , the penny to drop that kick in when we play a game and the tackles are good , we make the breaks and score a few a length of the field try , we will make the eight and i still think when we do we will be a force , im going positive from now on , wests tigers , go you good things

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Thu 10 May, 2012 12:26 am

we are in a hole atm, and tbh i dont see us getting out of it too quickly, certainly not this season.

other seasons, i had belief that we can pull it up a notch, but our attack is soooo mediocre atm it's not funny. frankly, i dont see us improving much. BIG changes need to happen. my biggest concern is that the longer this crap goes on, the longer we waste the talent of players such as robbie, benji and lawrence. these are gifted athletes and sometimes i hate seeing them playing in a team with no structure, no attitude, no mongrel.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

MightyMaggy

Post by MightyMaggy » Sun 13 May, 2012 9:30 pm

westTAHger wrote:even though the team is not performing to its capabilities, they have won 3 in a row.if they were that crap, they would not have won as many in a row.

yes some games have been decided by one point, at worst give them credit for thinking of taking that one point.
one point which has ensured two wins.( why they did not go for this against rabbitohs when 12 in front still annoys me)

yes could be alot better, and alot worse.

must admit not happy with what we have seen, and no doubt we all had fairly high expectations, in off season and season start.the team will finish 6th or better. we all know its a rollercoaster ride, following wests-tigers.

they need player position stabliity.
once this happens good results will flow
Against the THREE BOTTOM TEAMS in the competition.