Lote becoming a 'liability'

ImageImageImage
tiger85

Re: Lote becoming a 'liability'

Post by tiger85 » Sun 06 May, 2012 12:17 pm

its really sad to see some one play as a shadow of their former selves. poor Lote was found out over and over again i was there and i really feel both trys came from poor reads from Lote. but hey im not running around out there and that bloke has massive heart. imagine how he must feel! but with what i have seen this year if parra can drop Sandow for his perceived poor form why cant we!
Balmain Born Wests Sworn!!!!!

rossop

Post by rossop » Sun 06 May, 2012 12:45 pm

Who else we got? Utai?

Diver

Post by Diver » Sun 06 May, 2012 1:34 pm

rossop wrote:Who else we got? Utai?
Koroibete!?

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

underdog

Post by underdog » Sun 06 May, 2012 2:20 pm

RIght now he'd be a better choice.

although the real obvious form choices are Koroibete or Nofoaluma from under 20's - BOTH of them are specials.

shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Sun 06 May, 2012 2:23 pm

Yea.
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Sun 06 May, 2012 3:54 pm

After seeing a few early games, and watching last nights NYC with Koroibete, Lote must be gone for this kid.

I suspect however, that whilst Lote is badly out of form/over the hill, his experience and relaxed attitude for others whilst we are playing 'just well enough to scrape over the line' will save his bacon.

If we were going better, I'd put Koro in there because we could afford a mistake or two and rally around him and give him confidence in the top grade. I don't think we can afford it. I know Lote makes errors, and a lot of them, but others around him trust him far more than they would a new kid.

Having said that, if it was purely on current form and skill, Koro would be on that left side outside Lawrence.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 06 May, 2012 5:47 pm

I love Lote but it's very clear he seems way past his best, just upsetting really.

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Mon 07 May, 2012 11:56 am

at the end of last year he looked like he was on old legs.
this year he has proved it.

wish he would just retire and accept it.
but i probably wouldn't either.

would like to see the young kid everyone talks about get a go at some point this year.

everett

Post by everett » Mon 07 May, 2012 12:34 pm

I agree with everyone's comments that it is sad to see a former dual international a shadow of his former self.

Like to see a junior take his position.

Sheens won't drop Lote so it will take an injury and Utai would then come into his place.
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 07 May, 2012 1:05 pm

I'm one of his biggest fans, but by golly it is getting hard to defend him.

He was very ordinary on the weekend, and it's a shame to see him like this after 2010.

I really want to see him bounce back, but it's starting to look like he won't :(
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

one-eyed-tiger

Post by one-eyed-tiger » Mon 07 May, 2012 1:49 pm

For the Warriors game, I'd select Lote as backup water boy. Thanks for the effort
since 2010 mate, but it's time to step aside for the good of the team. Just watched the replay on Fox and no way does he deserve to keep his spot in FG. My back five would be:

1. Moltz
2. Beau
3. Blake
4. Lawrence
5. Reddy

milford_magic

Post by milford_magic » Mon 07 May, 2012 1:51 pm

Wingers these days need to be really skillfull. Lote at the moment is relatively slow, and his hands are really poor. If its not hitting him on the chest he isnt taking it.

Am I the only one who wouldnt mind seeing him try a new position? Perhaps Centre or even a bench utility and he could come on anywhere, including the forwards.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 07 May, 2012 2:31 pm

I don't understand this fascination with moving him. Someone says his hands are poor and then suggests he moves to a position where he will get more ball?
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

willow

Post by willow » Mon 07 May, 2012 8:11 pm

Chalked up a very unimpressive 5 errors against the Titans, which is unacceptable really. I keep hoping he'll come good, and while Lote has publicly stated that his body feels good and he'd like to go around again, on current form it would be a bad investment for the Tigers to make.

Twodogs

Post by Twodogs » Mon 07 May, 2012 11:27 pm

My grandpa. He's 92 next month and has better hands and faster reflexes. Not so good under the high ball these days I find.