Player and team stats from the game

ImageImageImage
willow

Re: Player and team stats from the game

Post by willow » Sun 06 May, 2012 9:21 am

happy tiger wrote:
willow wrote:Player and team stats have been updated in the OP. Take a real good look at Woods stats. He's becoming Paul Gallen version 2.0. Galloway made big metres, but even he pales in comparison to the Woodsman who ran for almost 200 and made over 40 tackles. That's a massive statement for SOO selection, and the Tigers could end up having their front row decimated.
Willow ,a question

I am wondering how they get stats like completion rates wrong ??

I think the original post was 31/40 and the next 29/42 ??

I also brought up something last night that we weren't sure on In the case where BMM near try , would his yards count to him even though he was tackled into touch ??
I don't know how they manage to stuff the completion rates up Happy, but these stats are always adjusted a few hours after the game once the stats guys sit down and watch the replay. The metres BMM made in regards to his sideline run all count.

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Sun 06 May, 2012 9:42 am

Those numbers for Woods really are incredible.
He played 72 minutes last night too.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 06 May, 2012 9:51 am

Thanks Willow , So when Blair got pushed 10 metres backwards do they get negative yardage as well ??

Sorry if you have answered this question a 100 times before :D

bbobb

Post by bbobb » Sun 06 May, 2012 9:52 am

Agree about Woodsy - he is looking more and more like Glenn Lazarus to me. The best prop I have seen.

If I have one small criticism it's that he backs into tackles to often trying to offload and gets "danced". Don't get me wrong, this is one of his strengths but he should use it a tad more sparingly. I think he'd be better served to hit it up and try to poke his nose through the line and go for the quick play the ball more often.

Awesome player though and while it is normally halves that teams are built around, i think we should be tying this guy up for 5 years+ and making him the cornerstone of our pack.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 06 May, 2012 9:59 am

bbobb wrote:Agree about Woodsy - he is looking more and more like Glenn Lazarus to me. The best prop I have seen.

If I have one small criticism it's that he backs into tackles to often trying to offload and gets "danced". Don't get me wrong, this is one of his strengths but he should use it a tad more sparingly. I think he'd be better served to hit it up and try to poke his nose through the line and go for the quick play the ball more often.

Awesome player though and while it is normally halves that teams are built around, i think we should be tying this guy up for 5 years+ and making him the cornerstone of our pack.
Yeh, him backing into tackles struck me last night too....he does it a lot....while hitting it up head first so to speak might find him landing on knees and elbows to get a quick ptb, at least when he backs in to the line half the time he stays on his feet, they dont put him on the deck....hes going great.

On metres and going into touch, the play resumes where to ball goes out so those metres must be included in any stats, regardless of the play breaking down at the end of it

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 06 May, 2012 10:02 am

innsaneink wrote:
bbobb wrote:Agree about Woodsy - he is looking more and more like Glenn Lazarus to me. The best prop I have seen.

Yeh, him backing into tackles struck me last night too....he does it a lot....while hitting it up head first so to speak might find him landing on knees and elbows to get a quick ptb, at least when he backs in to the line half the time he stays on his feet, they dont put him on the deck....hes going great.

On metres and going into touch, the play resumes where to ball goes out so those metres must be included in any stats, regardless of the play breaking down at the end of it
My only issue is when he is turning in the tackles the defenders find it very easy to then put him on his back and slow the play the ball down But agree Woods needs to be signed to the Tigers for life He is a freak and the real deal and I think if he misses SOO it will be more disappointing for me than Farah personally

Rambo2714

Post by Rambo2714 » Sun 06 May, 2012 8:32 pm

stryker wrote:4. Lawrence - 54 metres in attack, 1 line break, 1 tackle break, 11 tackles, 3 missed tackles, 1 error

That is not Origin standard.

9. Farah - 43 metres in attack, 1 try, 1 line break, 1 field goal, 1 offload, 3 tackle breaks, 32 tackles, 1 missed tackle

That is

8. Woods - 154 metres in attack, 1 offload, 1 tackle break, 37 tackles, 1 missed tackle, 1 error

...and so is that.
Woods ran 192 meters ( not 154 ) , that is extraordinary!

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Wests for life !

badger

Post by badger » Sun 06 May, 2012 9:16 pm

25 missed tackles is definatly an improvement but we still need work on our defence but hows the effort from Woods and Fulton 43 and 44 tackles respectively and only one miss each. Man you have to admire that kind of effort. I recon If fulton had of played a full game against Manly he would be the leading defender in the nrl. And Woods a thousond meters in attack as well . We have an outstanding forward pack at the moment even with Blair struggling a bit . Go you good things.

Twodogs

Post by Twodogs » Mon 07 May, 2012 11:54 pm

tigersrule4life wrote:Big woodsy had to play for nsw this year what a year beau ryan is having keep it up wait untill we click in the second half of the year.
Nah, they'll wait three years until Woodsie loses form, then pick him. Hey, they'll pick Lawrence now that he's playing the worst he ever has in the NRL.

Twodogs

Post by Twodogs » Tue 08 May, 2012 12:00 am

happy tiger wrote: My only issue is when he is turning in the tackles the defenders find it very easy to then put him on his back and slow the play the ball down But agree Woods needs to be signed to the Tigers for life He is a freak and the real deal and I think if he misses SOO it will be more disappointing for me than Farah personally
He has improved massively since last year. He get possessed by big Artie after the big guy passed away?