+ for Benji

ImageImageImage
sjtiger

+ for Benji

Post by sjtiger » Sat 05 May, 2012 10:04 pm

His goalkicking
Good tonight on top of his excellent strikes last Sunday, which were vso mimportanjt considering how that game ended up.

Get him back at 5/8 & taking ther line on in general play though.
3 one point victories this year and its only Round 9!

willow

Post by willow » Sat 05 May, 2012 10:08 pm

If he remembers where he left his running game then the Tigers attack should spark up a bit. His general kicking and goalkicking were good tonight, and I'll give his defence a wrap tonight also.

saundo1982

Post by saundo1982 » Sat 05 May, 2012 10:08 pm

Yes great kicking tonight and thus far for the season, I kinda wonder if there was a hidden agenda tonight, trying to get Robbie to control the game n Benji being not as involved to push Robbie into the limelight as such for origin.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

LARDS

Post by LARDS » Sat 05 May, 2012 10:10 pm

and his defence.
He is a rock.
Who'd have thought this 5 years ago.

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Sat 05 May, 2012 10:11 pm

get a proper halfback & Benji becomes a genius player allowed to tear teams apart.
but nooo, the sheens' selection merry-go-round de macabre is on fire and we look like dopes.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Sat 05 May, 2012 10:13 pm

I hear what you are saying softlaw, but who at 7?

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sat 05 May, 2012 10:15 pm

Miller for starters

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 06 May, 2012 8:30 am

Despite his lack of running, he's playing well enough, especially given the overall form of the side.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 06 May, 2012 8:49 am

Whoever we play with Benji needs to play with him a lot It will take them a long time to read his quirks in attack

The only reason I can see with Miller not being in the side is maybe he is taking control as Sheens wants Much the same complaint they had with Lui early on

Humble in my opinion hasn't been too bad when he has been at 7 either

They are the only two real options we have However I did notice a lot more in the second half tonight that Farah was at first reciever

If we can't find a competent 7 that we will stick with , we can't win the premiership Its as simple as that

Sheens needs to pick someone and stick with him through thick and thin to build confidence and some combination with Farah and Benji My opinion is still Miller

Just do it Sheens ,please for the love of Christ just play Miller at 7 and leave him there for two months and let him flourish

boonboon

Post by boonboon » Sun 06 May, 2012 8:58 am

I'm going to go against the grain and say we should stick with tonight's combination benji and robbie do all the playmaking anyway we Mose well have ayshford Lawrence and reddy out their all running hard and fast off them and breaking the line and with better defence then a little halfback . Also is a set up for next year when benji and braith are in the halves

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Mon 07 May, 2012 6:35 am

saundo1982 wrote: I kinda wonder if there was a hidden agenda tonight, trying to get Robbie to control the game n Benji being not as involved to push Robbie into the limelight as such for origin.

I was about to post exactly that... I wonder if Benji and Robbie came to an agreement that Benji would step back a bit for a couple of weeks and let Robbie control the show a bit more. Didn't seem to work for Benji in attack, he was trying to do something special every time he got the ball it seemed, trying to make up for lost opportunities or something

Adman

Post by Adman » Mon 07 May, 2012 8:38 am

lol what a load of crap... the club come first... origin is a bonus. I cannot and will not believe that benji and robbie would use the club as a vehicle to boost robbies's origin chances... Meaning, playing to the agenda of being selected, not trying to win the game and head towards our premiership.

saundo1982

Post by saundo1982 » Mon 07 May, 2012 8:52 am

Adman wrote:lol what a load of crap... the club come first... origin is a bonus. I cannot and will not believe that benji and robbie would use the club as a vehicle to boost robbies's origin chances... Meaning, playing to the agenda of being selected, not trying to win the game and head towards our premiership.
At no stage did I say that club didn't come first or playing not to win, but it was very obvious that Benji was exceptionally quiet and Robbie very in control of the team. Benji has already come out in the media supporting Robbie's selection, so tacking a backseat for week to let Robbie shine is hardly unrealistic.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Mon 07 May, 2012 10:27 am

Tigerdave wrote:Despite his lack of running, he's playing well enough, especially given the overall form of the side.
yeah he isn't going that badly, he was second in the NRL in try assists behind C.Cronk and that's with Melbourne scoring tries like popcorn