try referral

ImageImageImage
macman

try referral

Post by macman » Sun 06 May, 2012 11:50 am

Just wondering why the first try wasn't referred to the video ref . The titans winger was 5 mts in front of the kicker . Whereas the tigers try's went upstairs

Posted using RoarFEED

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 06 May, 2012 11:56 am

There was a whole host of poor decisions by the refs last night. I dare say the poor carry by Woods that got called as a strip which led to a try could be seen as a square up.
And the sky is filled with light, can you see it?
And the black is really white, if you believe it.
And the longing that you feel, you know none of this is real;
You will find a better place, in this twilight...

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

BenjiMagic96

Post by BenjiMagic96 » Sun 06 May, 2012 12:27 pm

macman wrote:Just wondering why the first try wasn't referred to the video ref . The titans winger was 5 mts in front of the kicker . Whereas the tigers try's went upstairs

Posted using RoarFEED
he was actually about 2 meters behind the kicker

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Sun 06 May, 2012 7:11 pm

Life with refs is swings and round-a-bouts and I think we've had a good trot this season (don't shoot me!)

BenjiMagic96

Post by BenjiMagic96 » Sun 06 May, 2012 7:42 pm

tigergirlz wrote:Life with refs is swings and round-a-bouts and I think we've had a good trot this season (don't shoot me!)
BANG! BANG! lol

Paris Cobbs

Post by Paris Cobbs » Sun 06 May, 2012 10:51 pm

We have had a terrible run with ref decisions. We got screwed royally in the game against Souths, thus facilitating their 'exciting comeback' in order to hold viewers in the run up to the Sunday news. Manly's first try wasn't a try, we lost by 4. We got pulled back on a forward pass that wasn't from Benji to Ben MM when it was 31-6, Hayne's try was a double shepherd, penalty to Tigers. Vs the Titans, Lote's try should have been awarded 'benefit of the doubt' as none of the replay angles clearly showed that he was in front of Reddy.
Cheering for the mighty Wests Tigers, all the way from France.

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Mon 07 May, 2012 6:25 am

Paris Cobbs wrote: none of the replay angles clearly showed that he was in front of Reddy.

I dunno about that

I was hoping the best we could get out of that might have been an accidental offside, since Reddy didn't really play at it, it ricochet'd off his legs?

Tigerdale

Post by Tigerdale » Tue 08 May, 2012 9:15 am

lol

unfortunately for us, it was the only time all year that Lote has been up with the speed of the play. he was a mile offside

Pierre M7

Post by Pierre M7 » Tue 08 May, 2012 4:38 pm

Paris Cobbs wrote:We have had a terrible run with ref decisions. We got screwed royally in the game against Souths, thus facilitating their 'exciting comeback' in order to hold viewers in the run up to the Sunday news. Manly's first try wasn't a try, we lost by 4. We got pulled back on a forward pass that wasn't from Benji to Ben MM when it was 31-6, Hayne's try was a double shepherd, penalty to Tigers. Vs the Titans, Lote's try should have been awarded 'benefit of the doubt' as none of the replay angles clearly showed that he was in front of Reddy.
You say Manly's first try shouldn't of been awarded a try, why though? I've watched the replay of it and there was nothing wrong with it.
"One flick and they're gone"

underdog

Post by underdog » Tue 08 May, 2012 4:48 pm

Pierre M7 wrote:
Paris Cobbs wrote:We have had a terrible run with ref decisions. We got screwed royally in the game against Souths, thus facilitating their 'exciting comeback' in order to hold viewers in the run up to the Sunday news. Manly's first try wasn't a try, we lost by 4. We got pulled back on a forward pass that wasn't from Benji to Ben MM when it was 31-6, Hayne's try was a double shepherd, penalty to Tigers. Vs the Titans, Lote's try should have been awarded 'benefit of the doubt' as none of the replay angles clearly showed that he was in front of Reddy.
You say Manly's first try shouldn't of been awarded a try, why though? I've watched the replay of it and there was nothing wrong with it.
forward pass in the lead up from memory.