Wests Tiger should be Proud

ImageImageImage
User avatar
Tiger Watto
Member
Member
Posts: 10560
Joined: Mon 08 Mar, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Maroochydore Qld

Wests Tiger should be Proud

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 06 May, 2012 12:57 pm

After a rocky start to the year, it was great to see so many Tiger Supporters at the game last night... Every where I went there were our colours with people wearing them with pride. On buses, in taxis, in bars and most importantly, at the game.

Well done to all the fans last night who easily out-cheered the Titan fans all night. To sit at a ground so far away from our traditional home region and hear the crowd trying to lift the boys was a wonderful feeling. You dont always get to see the Away Team doing a lap thanking the crowd. The Wests Tigers are lucky to have so many fans far and wide...

Well Done! :sign:
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017


User avatar
tiger sean
Member
Member
Posts: 395
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:34 pm
Location: Brisbane

Post by tiger sean » Sun 06 May, 2012 1:02 pm

Totally agree mate!

I loved it after the game when the tigers came over and thanked the crowd and beau was trying to pump up the crowd. He even did his sneaky 'doggies' to the crowd, haha loved it.

norm
Member
Member
Posts: 320
Joined: Thu 16 Jul, 2009 10:55 am
Location: Mount Larcom. Central Queensland.

Post by norm » Sun 06 May, 2012 1:04 pm

Well said.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 27492
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sun 06 May, 2012 1:11 pm

Came across on the TV coverage too....the noise for WTs easily outdid that for the titans

benji#6
Member
Member
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun 16 Oct, 2011 8:11 am

Post by benji#6 » Sun 06 May, 2012 1:18 pm

Yes if that was the case congratulations. Well done to all involved. But can the same be said at our home games in Sydney? I always feel that opposition fans are louder. We generally get there in numbers but are not as vocal.


User avatar
Cysquatch
Member
Member
Posts: 316
Joined: Tue 20 Apr, 2010 4:56 pm

Post by Cysquatch » Sun 06 May, 2012 1:27 pm

benji#6 wrote:Yes if that was the case congratulations. Well done to all involved. But can the same be said at our home games in Sydney? I always feel that opposition fans are louder. We generally get there in numbers but are not as vocal.

Looked great on tv last night, well done qld tigers.


Posted using RoarFEED 2012
by Novocastrian Tiger » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:34 pm
Is it just me, or do alot of posts on this forum end up being like a pee pee measuring contest?

User avatar
Cysquatch
Member
Member
Posts: 316
Joined: Tue 20 Apr, 2010 4:56 pm

Post by Cysquatch » Sun 06 May, 2012 1:30 pm

Cysquatch wrote:
benji#6 wrote:Yes if that was the case congratulations. Well done to all involved. But can the same be said at our home games in Sydney? I always feel that opposition fans are louder. We generally get there in numbers but are not as vocal.

Looked great on tv last night, well done qld tigers.


Posted using RoarFEED 2012
I meant to add too yes, I agree sometimes we are quiet despite turning out in force to most syd games. We're a hesitant bunch at the moment I think


Posted using RoarFEED 2012
by Novocastrian Tiger » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:34 pm
Is it just me, or do alot of posts on this forum end up being like a pee pee measuring contest?

User avatar
BenjiMagic96
Member
Member
Posts: 1258
Joined: Sun 29 Apr, 2012 8:37 pm

Post by BenjiMagic96 » Sun 06 May, 2012 1:34 pm

I heard heaps of tigers chants on the tv
Image

tigerz2012
Member
Member
Posts: 195
Joined: Mon 19 Sep, 2011 1:10 pm

Post by tigerz2012 » Sun 06 May, 2012 2:48 pm

Great to be with my brothers my Wests tigers family !


Posted using RoarFEED 2012

tiger85
Member
Member
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue 08 Mar, 2011 7:20 pm

Post by tiger85 » Sun 06 May, 2012 2:56 pm

it was an amazing feeling there last night... it was a very special game
Balmain Born Wests Sworn!!!!!

User avatar
smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 9451
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 11:56 pm

Post by smeghead » Sun 06 May, 2012 3:40 pm

The sound on the SpeedTV broadcast seemed muffled n terms of the crowd. Except for those stuped Titans drums
Image

Benjirific
Member
Member
Posts: 440
Joined: Thu 08 Sep, 2011 5:27 pm

Post by Benjirific » Sun 06 May, 2012 5:54 pm

Great effort, let's back that up with a packed house at Leichhardt Friday week, and then Campbelltown the Sunday after that!

User avatar
citizen cub
Member
Member
Posts: 1050
Joined: Thu 16 Jul, 2009 7:20 pm

Post by citizen cub » Sun 06 May, 2012 6:52 pm

Heard the Tigers chants in background as well, must have been close to outnumbering them in fans. Pretty damn good effort considering our home base is over 1000km away. Once again goes to show we have the most loyal, comprehensive fan base in the league.

Titans should give a portion of their ticketing revenue for the game to WT for bolstering up the crowd numbers significantly. Had they played any other Sydney team, Melbourne, Canberra, NQ or Newcastle they'd be struggling to crack the 10,000 mark.
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

GoldXR50Leroy
Member
Member
Posts: 1832
Joined: Tue 31 May, 2011 3:36 pm

Post by GoldXR50Leroy » Sun 06 May, 2012 7:13 pm

smeghead wrote:The sound on the SpeedTV broadcast seemed muffled n terms of the crowd. Except for those stuped Titans drums
I was surprised that the game was shown on the SPEED Channel, I only found this out at the end of the game after I had picked the red button option on Foxsports2.
Went to watch the replay of the V/8's and lo and behold here was the summary of the game I had just watched.

User avatar
cunno
Member
Member
Posts: 4389
Joined: Wed 28 Jul, 2010 7:42 pm

Post by cunno » Sun 06 May, 2012 7:59 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:After a rocky start to the year, it was great to see so many Tiger Supporters at the game last night... Every where I went there were our colours with people wearing them with pride. On buses, in taxis, in bars and most importantly, at the game.

Well done to all the fans last night who easily out-cheered the Titan fans all night. To sit at a ground so far away from our traditional home region and hear the crowd trying to lift the boys was a wonderful feeling. You dont always get to see the Away Team doing a lap thanking the crowd. The Wests Tigers are lucky to have so many fans far and wide...

Well Done! :sign:
Good stuff, thumbs up to the supporters who turned up and cheered for the team, as others have said, the chants could be heard during the telecast on fox.

User avatar
one-eyed-tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 9:44 pm

Post by one-eyed-tiger » Mon 07 May, 2012 10:30 am

cunno wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:After a rocky start to the year, it was great to see so many Tiger Supporters at the game last night... Every where I went there were our colours with people wearing them with pride. On buses, in taxis, in bars and most importantly, at the game.

Well done to all the fans last night who easily out-cheered the Titan fans all night. To sit at a ground so far away from our traditional home region and hear the crowd trying to lift the boys was a wonderful feeling. You dont always get to see the Away Team doing a lap thanking the crowd. The Wests Tigers are lucky to have so many fans far and wide...

Well Done!
Good stuff, thumbs up to the supporters who turned up and cheered for the team, as others have said, the chants could be heard during the telecast on fox.
My throat was still sore yesterday Looking forward to watching the replay on fox today. Well done to all the Tigers fans who out enthused the locals.


Posted using RoarFEED 2012

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 17133
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 07 May, 2012 10:55 am

smeghead wrote:The sound on the SpeedTV broadcast seemed muffled n terms of the crowd. Except for those stuped Titans drums
It was clear as day on Fox Sports. Even heard one lovely young Tigers lady give it to Idris big time when Ayshford crashed over.
And the sky is filled with light, can you see it?
And the black is really white, if you believe it.
And the longing that you feel, you know none of this is real;
You will find a better place, in this twilight...

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 38977
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Mon 07 May, 2012 11:21 am

Great work all It was clear as day and really stirred the blood hearing the Tigers chant Sure the players fed of it in the last 15 minutes

Hope you all enjoyed yourselves in our wonderful state Any one wanting to convert to becoming a Qlder can contact CB ,Watto ,Stryker or myself and we will send you the paperwork ;)

Post Reply