Smart Sheensy!

ImageImageImage
hellman

Re: Smart Sheensy!

Post by hellman » Sat 19 May, 2012 5:44 pm

Benji at 7 worked great. He looked the best he has looked all season and he was probably our key player out there.

Benji at 7 works and Sheens deserves some credit.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 19 May, 2012 6:28 pm

hellman wrote:Benji at 7 worked great. He looked the best he has looked all season and he was probably our key player out there.

Benji at 7 works and Sheens deserves some credit.
LOL
http://www.weststigers.com.au/news-disp ... EARS/55363
BENJI: 'I'VE BEEN A HALF-BACK FOR THE PAST THREE YEARS'

hellman

Post by hellman » Sat 19 May, 2012 6:43 pm

I'm pretty sure that there were numerous posters stating that Benji can't play at 7.

I agree thought that it made no real difference to the way he played. The difference was he was more controlled and just had a real good game.

900large

Post by 900large » Mon 21 May, 2012 12:16 am

I always thought a coaches job was 90% before the game 10% during. It was no master stroke putting player x on at a given time, good coaching is having a team ready and winning and prepared for the unexpected. It must come as a surprise to some on here that Sheens works for more than 80 mins a week. So for those armchair quarterbacks out there who think they are smarter than Sheens with their superior team selections, tactics or strategic player replacements, maybe you should at least give credit where it is due to a bloke who has managed to coach a team to 5 wins in a row, because one thing is for sure there are plenty of coaches who haven't managed that this year.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 21 May, 2012 1:22 am

900large wrote:I always thought a coaches job was 90% before the game 10% during. It was no master stroke putting player x on at a given time, good coaching is having a team ready and winning and prepared for the unexpected. It must come as a surprise to some on here that Sheens works for more than 80 mins a week. So for those armchair quarterbacks out there who think they are smarter than Sheens with their superior team selections, tactics or strategic player replacements, maybe you should at least give credit where it is due to a bloke who has managed to coach a team to 5 wins in a row, because one thing is for sure there are plenty of coaches who haven't managed that this year.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Love the confidence 900 , but we are on 4 wins in a row at the moment

Very true though 90% of a coaches job is done before kick off usually

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Mon 21 May, 2012 6:40 am

Coach Sheens does indeed deserve some credit from some of our loony left.

Not for the Benji #7 but for the way the team hasn't fallen to pieces and for ensuring that the club is not a baskets despite the influx of young and injury so far this year.

Sheens longevity is testament to the respect and regard of those decision makers and players in the know.

Thx TIM SHEENS .

tigersrule4life

Post by tigersrule4life » Mon 21 May, 2012 7:24 am

Tim Sheens is one of the best coaches glad his with the tigers.

rossop

Post by rossop » Mon 21 May, 2012 7:42 am

tigersrule4life wrote:Tim Sheens is one of the best coaches glad his with the tigers.
x2

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Mon 21 May, 2012 8:28 am

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Mon 21 May, 2012 8:53 am

His selections didn't look so good in the first half.
Only the unfortunate injury to Lawrence caused a reshuffle that actually let us run the ball.
On top of some strong play from our forwards and (finally ) some effective kicking from Marshall we got the gravy.
If poor old Chrissie doesn't get hurt I have a feeling we might not all be so happy - and nobody would be thinking Sheens was very smart at all.

The Tooth

Post by The Tooth » Mon 21 May, 2012 9:59 am

The warriors are big and hard to contain. The game plan of turning them around in the second half with a good kicking game was well executed by Benji. The Warriors ran out of steam for a while there.

I agree that Lawrence doesn't look the right fit at 6 but can understand Sheens trialling it. I don't want to see it again though.

Without any doubt Sheens and the boys deserve some credit for the way they have performed against alot of criticism and team issues. And I repeat it each week, but we are winning even though we are far from our best. Slowly getting better each game.