Smart Sheensy!

ImageImageImage
tigerlogic

Smart Sheensy!

Post by tigerlogic » Fri 18 May, 2012 11:52 pm

Look, I know there has been times when sheens has carried a back on the bench it hasn't really come off, (although I certainly don't believe it has cost us a game) but tonight his decision to do so arguably won us the game!
Utai came on and was fantastic, made great runs, scores an important try and towards the end took an awesome take on our try line which I think was one of the plays of the game!
It doesn't cost us games when sheens carries a back, but it definitely got us a win tonight

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 18 May, 2012 11:56 pm

Utai works because you can utilise him as a third prop.

The bench selection was still poor and relied on Woods and KG to play huge minutes.

Had Lawrence stayed on the pitch, we were stuffed. We were completely lost until Ayshford moved into pivot and Moltzen started chiming in at the back.
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Sat 19 May, 2012 12:15 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:Utai works because you can utilise him as a third prop.

The bench selection was still poor and relied on Woods and KG to play huge minutes.

Had Lawrence stayed on the pitch, we were stuffed. We were completely lost until Ayshford moved into pivot and Moltzen started chiming in at the back.

Sums it up perfectly

Fraze23

Post by Fraze23 » Sat 19 May, 2012 8:34 am

If Matt Utai is the back on the bench for the rest of the year I won't complain about the bench selection again. At least Utai can make an impact on the game and get us moving again if we're doing it tough. There'd be no reason for Utai to sit on the bench for 70 mins, waiting for an injury or just to get a courtesy 5 minutes at the end. I find it hard to believe last night was only his 150th game. He's been around forever.

cunno

Post by cunno » Sat 19 May, 2012 8:38 am

mmm maybe Ashford may find himself at 5/8 next week????

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Defiant » Sat 19 May, 2012 9:55 am

We won in spite of the coach yet again imo.

Everyweek we tend to play 15 vs 17.

Hope Utai reatins that spot on the bench for rest of year though.

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Sat 19 May, 2012 10:02 am

Yep ... Great team effort from top to bottom.
Now for the Cowboys :)

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 19 May, 2012 10:03 am

Defiant wrote:We won in spite of the coach yet again imo.

Everyweek we tend to play 15 vs 17.

Hope Utai reatins that spot on the bench for rest of year though.
Sorry to say i think this is the case. We only got going in the second half after Lawrence went off getting him out of the halves. Hardly a coincidence

barrytiger

Post by barrytiger » Sat 19 May, 2012 10:15 am

i thought we up the speed of our go forward when politoni came on good ploy by sheens

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by innsaneink » Sat 19 May, 2012 10:23 am

Yeh the difference a real hooker made was remarkable and very notable, agree Barry

tigerlogic

Post by tigerlogic » Sat 19 May, 2012 10:52 am

I agree with many of the posts that say we were better in the second half, this is my whole point, of sheens didn't use the tactic of keeping a back on the bench lastnight would not have happend.. Agree with everyone in how much better we looked second half..

Side note, I have plenty of time for humble plays hard has a dig and got good skills too

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sat 19 May, 2012 11:20 am

our speed did increase when Pat was at dummy half... he can rip it out with speed, and also puts it in the right spot!

Without taking anything away from Humble, I wish he got more game time!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Post by 851 » Sat 19 May, 2012 11:40 am

Exactly,it wasn't smart coaching it was lucky,we won again inspite of the coach,Rowdy is not a 5/8th,we were lost in the first half,I wonder what super coach will do now,surely this is the end of Rowdy at 6.
Go hard or go home

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sat 19 May, 2012 11:52 am

we won who cares...i agree with you tiger logic.

3years in a row will silence the armchair critics

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Sat 19 May, 2012 12:19 pm

Yes i agree with Tigerlogic as well, even when we win Sheens gets bagged, even though Rowdy isnt a 5/8 his defence was very good while he was on the field last night.

tigerlogic

Post by tigerlogic » Sat 19 May, 2012 1:05 pm

851 wrote:

Exactly,it wasn't smart coaching it was lucky,we won again inspite of the coach,Rowdy is not a 5/8th,we were lost in the first half,I wonder what super coach will do now,surely this is the end of Rowdy at 6.
It's smart, because if sheens never carried a winger on the bench (as most ppl on here criticise) when Lawrence couldn't play what would have happend? If junior moors or another prop (as many ppl here wish for) was on the bench and not Utai we lose lastnight, Utai was fantastic!
I'm sceptical re Lawrence at 6 too, but sheens knows the players strengths and potentials (and desires) better then any of us, so well done to the team and to sheensy, 4 on the trot, now let's put the cows away too

badger

Post by badger » Sat 19 May, 2012 1:07 pm

Sheens knows that Utai is under pressure with Ryan having a career best season and Lote going ok on the other wing. Utai has to take any oppertunity with both hands and run with it. He certainly let noone down last night. Yes having him on the bench last night was the right thing for us and I hope Sheeney shows him a little loyalty because his effort is second to non and can realy spark us up. I recon Utai may have gotten a little lazy / comfortable last year when regulaly selected but now he seems a lot fresher and ready to rip in. I feel he is going to be very important to us the comming rounds.

tigerlogic

Post by tigerlogic » Sat 19 May, 2012 1:11 pm

badger wrote:Sheens knows that Utai is under pressure with Ryan having a career best season and Lote going ok on the other wing. Utai has to take any oppertunity with both hands and run with it. He certainly let noone down last night. Yes having him on the bench last night was the right thing for us and I hope Sheeney shows him a little loyalty because his effort is second to non and can realy spark us up. I recon Utai may have gotten a little lazy / comfortable last year when regulaly selected but now he seems a lot fresher and ready to rip in. I feel he is going to be very important to us the comming rounds.

X2