What a great game

ImageImageImage
900large

What a great game

Post by 900large » Sat 19 May, 2012 2:13 am

I've watched the game twice now, easily one of the best games all season. Daniel
Anderson agrees, Tough hard finals footy!
Everyone played ugly but they played for each other.
It's only time till the sack moltzen sack lote and sack sheens threads but they will just show ignorance. The real test of a coach a player and a team is the way a team responds to adversity. After losing the first half, losing the 5/8 and some players making silly mistakes against a bigger better and more settled team... This could have been a cricket score.
BUT the boys stood up, they didn't crumble they didn't fade. They were the smaller side they got bashed off the park but they stuck together and they won tough.
After that effort if anyone questions the team the players or the coach, go support someone else, go support rugby or soccer. Tonight was hard footy and our boys proved they deserve their position on the ladder and our respect.
Wests 2012!!!

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Andy666

Post by Andy666 » Sat 19 May, 2012 2:45 am

reminded me of the tigers v dragons 05 semi final...so proud of the boys tonight

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 19 May, 2012 4:11 am

100% agree 900 large

Personally think that is our best second half since the Manly and Saints games last season

The way we won was impressive A lot of the players seemed to get niggly injuries Beau ,Fulton ,Ayshford that I can remember but they never gave up

This team has some ticker and if we can find some form and play with that intensity week in week out we will be a force to deal with come September

tigersrule4life

Post by tigersrule4life » Sat 19 May, 2012 7:09 am

How gud is it to get a win thats not even our best yet we always leave it untill the right time of the season but its a win yahhhhh Go u tiges.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sat 19 May, 2012 2:03 pm

Funny how we all see different things. That was a tough win but was far from the same effort in the 05 semi. Both sides dropped a lot of ball and were a class below what I thought was this years best game so far...last weekend Manly v Brisbane.

Under the circumstances it was a very good win, but I would like to see quite a lot of improvement in the coming months.

Benjirific

Post by Benjirific » Sat 19 May, 2012 5:28 pm

stryker wrote:Funny how we all see different things. That was a tough win but was far from the same effort in the 05 semi. Both sides dropped a lot of ball and were a class below what I thought was this years best game so far...last weekend Manly v Brisbane.

Under the circumstances it was a very good win, but I would like to see quite a lot of improvement in the coming months.
Definitely agree, it seemed as though there was plenty of drop ball, but there were only 15 errors across both sides, and they both completed above 80%. We completed 100% in the 2nd half (19/19), which when you add to that three repeat sets shows a lot of control and composure from Benji at halfback. Very good signs.

badger

Post by badger » Sat 26 May, 2012 7:36 pm

They definately werent at their best but niether were we. We got bashed up in the first half and turned it around in the second half. The win was actualy more comfortable than the score would suggest. Pretty much the reversal of last years semi. To me it was good oldfasioned guts and determination that done it. Blokes digging in for each other against the odds and doing whatever it takes to win the game. Benji playing smart against his natural game, Ryan messing with big Manus head Matt Utai's devastating runs and infectious spark all contributed on the night. Yes sir bring on the rest of the season.