Moltzen

ImageImageImage
happy tiger

Re: Moltzen

Post by happy tiger » Mon 21 May, 2012 5:15 pm

tigerkaz wrote:I would like to see him there too. I'm one of those Moltzen lovers that happytiger spoke of, and i would re-sign him tomorrow, no TODAY.
BRET will need a fullback next year Good call TigerKaz

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 22 May, 2012 2:17 pm

cktiger wrote:
jirskyr wrote:As my mate said on Friday night when Moltzen crossed - "net gain of zero tries".
Did he say the same thing about Ryan?
Ryan let one in?

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Tue 22 May, 2012 2:29 pm

jirskyr wrote:
cktiger wrote:
jirskyr wrote:As my mate said on Friday night when Moltzen crossed - "net gain of zero tries".
Did he say the same thing about Ryan?
Ryan let one in?
Dropped the bomb they scored off.
So , yes.

Glennb

Post by Glennb » Wed 23 May, 2012 11:32 am

Bismark wrote:I'd love to see Moltzen to move to 5/8th, Ryan to fullback and Utai back onto the wing.

It's been mentioned he's a confidence player, and the media hype on every single mistake he's made, whether he's a halfback, whether he was worth retaining etc. would have done a world of damage.

That's all in the past now, no-one really cares about Moltzen media-wise, and he can get confidence from having another run in the halves without being under constant scrutiny.
The day we give a guy a run at no. 7 to give him confidence is the day I give the Tigers away. We are here to win football games.

Glennb

Post by Glennb » Wed 23 May, 2012 11:37 am

willow wrote:This I definitely agree with. Moltzen has talent, we've all seen it,
There is something about this line that puzzled me, didnt seem right. Have we seen a good passing game from Moltzen? No that can't be it..have we seen a good kicking game from Moltzen? Not yet. Does Moltzen seem to combine well with the team...cant be that. Then I worked it out, I think you made a spelling mistake.

I think it is spelled...."Moltzen has P A C E, we have all seen it,". Now that makes more sense to me. So best way to use that for the Tigers? No.14 for me.

badger

Post by badger » Fri 25 May, 2012 8:39 am

Spot on Rossop. 130 meters in attack 1try 1try assist ONE ERROR are not stats of a bunny. Sure stats dont tell the whole storey but they also dont lie .Last wed night a fullback by the name of Slater spilled the lollies more than once and gave away tries in the process. You recon Qld will be dropping him any time soon. Surely anyone who can regather in their own ingoal and run the ball through the guts of the defence over halfway and promote the ball to a player in better possition than himself is someone we need on our side. To me Moltzen has struggled with confidence in the past but last week he did look to be playing with more confidance which is a real possative sign for us. Seems like some on this forum are not happy unless they are just not happy.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 25 May, 2012 9:07 am

badger wrote:Spot on Rossop. 130 meters in attack 1try 1try assist ONE ERROR are not stats of a bunny. Sure stats dont tell the whole storey but they also dont lie .Last wed night a fullback by the name of Slater spilled the lollies more than once and gave away tries in the process. You recon Qld will be dropping him any time soon. Surely anyone who can regather in their own ingoal and run the ball through the guts of the defence over halfway and promote the ball to a player in better possition than himself is someone we need on our side. To me Moltzen has struggled with confidence in the past but last week he did look to be playing with more confidance which is a real possative sign for us. Seems like some on this forum are not happy unless they are just not happy.
Heard it all now Comparing Slater to Moltzen

Few differences Slater at least attempts to catch the bombs

Lets look at the % of defused bombs Something tells me Slater MIGHT just win

Lastly doesn't help when you are trying to catch a light coloured ball with a light coloured roof

badger

Post by badger » Fri 25 May, 2012 10:08 am

unhappy/happytiger I wasnt comparing the players simply comparing the scrutiny of the players. We have a guy who made one error last week and all you blokes want his head still. His form particularly under the bomb has been shakey but surley youd have to admit that one error in the last 80 miniutes of footy points to an improvement in form. There are some other players who wish they had only made one error in the last 80 mins they played.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 25 May, 2012 10:13 am

badger wrote:unhappy/happytiger I wasnt comparing the players simply comparing the scrutiny of the players. We have a guy who made one error last week and all you blokes want his head still. His form particularly under the bomb has been shakey but surley youd have to admit that one error in the last 80 miniutes of footy points to an improvement in form. There are some other players who wish they had only made one error in the last 80 mins they played.
What do you class as an error ?? He let 2 bombs bounce and was badly out of position for one of them

Probably wouldn't care too much Badger if it was something different every week (Fullbacks , wingers and halves make the most mistakes as they handle the ball the most and it is contested possessions as well)

But it is the same thing every week and thats the problem

badger

Post by badger » Fri 25 May, 2012 10:24 am

The stats say ONE ERROR the second most meters in attack of all the backs ONE TRY ONE TRY ASSIST he is not on his PatMalone in having trouble fielding the high ball. If your going to bag blokes out at least be fair about it.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 25 May, 2012 11:11 am

badger wrote:The stats say ONE ERROR the second most meters in attack of all the backs ONE TRY ONE TRY ASSIST he is not on his PatMalone in having trouble fielding the high ball. If your going to bag blokes out at least be fair about it.
Maybe letting the ball bounce isn't an error . I suppose it only becomes an error when the opposition scores from it I can tell you he let the ball bounce twice during the game from bombs Rewatch the game

Badger if the guy can fix his positional play and his commitment to the bombs I'm fine with him and I have said that many times (Actually earlier in this thread if you go back and check)

But as many others have said he has real confidence issues under the high ball , you must acknowledge that and when it counts the most for us in a game (a semi or a GF) will be when he has biggest issues because of nerves .

He doesn't have a choice He has to at least attempt to catch the bombs

It would be like a front rower saying "I'll hit the ball up , but I'm not going to do any tackling "

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Fri 25 May, 2012 11:34 am

I've been critical of Moltzen under the high ball but I think he's getting a raw deal from the one against NZW. Maybe he was out of position, I'm really not sure, but he can't be everywhere. He sprinted to the ball and didn't make it since he was positioned for an attack kick into the corner (which is where the play was going). I thought that was fair enough - it was a good kick - and Moltzen had to be ready for the kick into the ingoal.

A lot of bombs bounce these days - I don't mind it if he can't get there in time - it's the ones in the Broncos game when he was in a position to catch them and chose not to that annoy me.

Anyway I look forward to the post-game Tim Moltzen chat. Adam Blair should buy Moltzen a case of beer - he deflects a lot of attention away from scrutiny on Blair's game. I can also picture Daniel Fitzhenry reading all this and thinking "that used to be me!"

tigerkaz

Post by tigerkaz » Fri 25 May, 2012 9:38 pm

Moltz is getting better,you must admit that. I can see every ones point of view, he does make mistakes but who doesn't.

tigersrule4life

Post by tigersrule4life » Fri 25 May, 2012 10:18 pm

Atm all i want is him to hit form i want him to re sign to good player of the bench and he likes the tigers.