Blair and the 1 %'ers

ImageImageImage
Cysquatch

Re: Blair and the 1 %'ers

Post by Cysquatch » Sun 20 May, 2012 2:00 am

bonstonker wrote:
smoking gun wrote:It's just effort on top of effort. That's the difference between an average first grader and an international.
fulton must have played 20 tests by now then.
X2. Fully has been OUTSTANDING for us. Guts personified, love that bloke. A footballer

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
by Novocastrian Tiger » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:34 pm
Is it just me, or do alot of posts on this forum end up being like a pee pee measuring contest?

Frank the tank

Post by Frank the tank » Sun 20 May, 2012 5:40 am

Yeah Friday night was probably his best game so far as a tiger. He had a couple of good moments. But let's be honest of all the forwards he the is one that is under performing.
I'm not a complete idiot.............there are some pieces missing!

hodgo

Post by hodgo » Sun 20 May, 2012 7:28 am

Mate what our forum experts fail to realise is he is like this all game first person to shoot out of line very rarely does he have a slow play the ball in fact nearly all are lightening, he always slow s the other teams play the ball. Everybody expects him to produce. Paul galleon like numbers it isn't his role.

I for one think he has been great and is working really hard to fit into a system that really isn't designed for his style olay.

hellman

Post by hellman » Sun 20 May, 2012 7:46 am

bonstonker wrote:
smoking gun wrote:It's just effort on top of effort. That's the difference between an average first grader and an international.
fulton must have played 20 tests by now then.
Yep - compare Blair's efforts to Fulton's. Fulton wins all day.

hellman

Post by hellman » Sun 20 May, 2012 7:47 am

hodgo wrote:it isn't his role.
What is his role ?
hodgo wrote:I for one think he has been great and is working really hard to fit into a system that really isn't designed for his style olay.
Why is the system not designed for him. Its rugby league isn't it ?

benji#6

Post by benji#6 » Sun 20 May, 2012 7:55 am

I wish people would compare his stats to a Glenn Stewart or a Jeremy Smith. He was not a Paul Gallen when we bought him. Forget the reported price tag people this guy will be a great buy for us.

tigersrule4life

Post by tigersrule4life » Sun 20 May, 2012 8:05 am

Im sick of all the blaming on players just enjoy the win lol and will make it 5 in a row next week.

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sun 20 May, 2012 8:28 am

he came from a very structured style of play at storm.
appears to be adapting to wests-tigers style now.
keep the good effort like friday night game coming,
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

rossop

Post by rossop » Sun 20 May, 2012 8:33 am

I am happy with his improving form. Along with Moltzen he is the most criticised player in our team. Everyone seems to pay out on these two but I say, what about the form of Lawrence and Ayshford? Both have been way down on form but not many people on here are critical of them. People were even tossing up CL for an origin spot! What a joke!! Last year Blake was playing out of his skin. This year: nothing. CL is in the same boat. As someone else on this thread pointed out, the season is almost half over; but its not Blair (& Moltzen) that deserve the slings and arrows. There are others in the team that deserve the ire of the critics IMO.
Last edited by rossop on Sun 20 May, 2012 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mistadobalina

Post by Mistadobalina » Sun 20 May, 2012 8:34 am

Blair is a great player, and I'm certain that we'll see his best form by the end of the season. But whether he's worth the 500k he takes out of our salary cap, we wont know until then. Timmy and Beau hit their best form only at the back-end of last season, once they made a position their own, and we went on a 9 game winning streak. Imagine what will happen when Blair hits form

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sun 20 May, 2012 9:31 am

westTAHger wrote:he came from a very structured style of play at storm.
appears to be adapting to wests-tigers style now.
keep the good effort like friday night game coming,
Exactly .
Blair will find his legs ,and when we get our other two internationals back the whole pack will start shutting up the criutics.

Fraze23

Post by Fraze23 » Sun 20 May, 2012 3:16 pm

I thought he really stood up when the momentum swung back towards the warriors. He came in and went looking for the ball which was great. There is a lot of tidying up he does which goes unnoticed. Throw Ellis back into the pack and I think we'll be looking pretty good to make a late charge up the ladder.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

BobSacamano

Post by BobSacamano » Sun 20 May, 2012 8:34 pm

smoking gun wrote:I know alot expect 130 meters and 2 line breaks a game from him but last night u see his class. 75th minute 18-16 warriors on the attack and johnson throws an inside ball to Taylor and Blair who made the previous tackle comes across and hits Taylor with presice timing to force the error. But not only that he then takes the next hit up making 10+ meters.

Those are the little things that some over look but it's one of the big reasons he was brought into the side. Thought it was his best game of the year
Spot on! his pressure on the kickers all game was fantastic too. His best game of the year and one of the best on the park Friday night.

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Sun 20 May, 2012 9:19 pm

This bloke has been playing better then what people think, he has taken off about 8-9 kilos & is playing 80 min for us compared to about 60min when with the Storm. I really think he is going well & will only get better.

izotope

Post by izotope » Mon 21 May, 2012 11:13 am

i think blair is the new fall guy for the forum, poor guy written off after 10 games for a new club. 5 of which the team was heavily underperforming.
tigers!

iofthetigers

Post by iofthetigers » Mon 21 May, 2012 1:08 pm

I think Blair is a great buy & one that is only going to get better. Apparently he is the ultimate professional with his attitude & training & I think when you look at talent what is coming through the grades his influence off the field is going to be more valuable than it is on the field.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 21 May, 2012 1:18 pm

Mistadobalina wrote:Blair is a great player, and I'm certain that we'll see his best form by the end of the season. But whether he's worth the 500k he takes out of our salary cap, we wont know until then. Timmy and Beau hit their best form only at the back-end of last season, once they made a position their own, and we went on a 9 game winning streak. Imagine what will happen when Blair hits form
Again, other the Terrorgraph where they print anything, has anyone heard from any reputable source that Blair is in fact on the $500K that's rumoured?
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

genoshan

Post by genoshan » Mon 21 May, 2012 1:59 pm

I watch him closely and he does a lot of things that go largely un-noticed. I am starting to like the things he does more and more. The way he menaced the Warriors kickers was putting them in 2 minds every time.