Chris Lawrence

ImageImageImage
hellman

Re: Chris Lawrence

Post by hellman » Tue 22 May, 2012 1:40 pm

Knuckles wrote:Suggesting we can't score points with Chris at five eighth is at best a silly statement.
Agreed. Lawrence at 6 wasn't the reason we didn't score in the first half against the Warriors.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Tue 22 May, 2012 5:06 pm

It's not the sole reason, but it is part of the reason.

If you are happy with our best centre playing five-eighth that is up to you.

hellman

Post by hellman » Tue 22 May, 2012 5:43 pm

I'm happier with the team this week.

tigeralex78

Post by tigeralex78 » Tue 22 May, 2012 11:15 pm

Won't play due to hamstring injury suffered last week

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Cysquatch

Post by Cysquatch » Wed 23 May, 2012 6:21 am

Was watching fox sports and they did a story out at concord interviewing Fulton and humble and they showed us training a bit during which i thought I noticed miller.....

I'm expecting a sheens shuffle in any case for sure

by Novocastrian Tiger » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:34 pm
Is it just me, or do alot of posts on this forum end up being like a pee pee measuring contest?

Post by 851 » Thu 24 May, 2012 12:06 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:It's not the sole reason, but it is part of the reason.

If you are happy with our best centre playing five-eighth that is up to you.
I agree,Rowdy offers us what JMo or Fitzy did at half,if people are happy with that,they are far too easily pleased.
Go hard or go home

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Thu 24 May, 2012 12:11 pm

It's not a case of being pleased or happy about it. Lawrence was pretty much copping the blame for our failure to score any points in the first half. Sheens obviously wants a defensive, running 5/8 at the moment - didn't work out with Lawrence, might not work out with Ayshford. Don't know unless you try though - if it was up to some of you Laurie Daley would have played centre his whole career and Lockyer would have stayed at fullback.

Luke

Post by Luke » Thu 24 May, 2012 3:14 pm

Wests Tigers expect centre Chris Lawrence to return to NRL action against North Queensland Cowboys

WESTS Tigers' hopes of landing five straight NRL wins have received a significant boost with coach Tim Sheens expecting star centre Chris Lawrence to be fit to face North Queensland at Campbelltown on Sunday.

The injury-prone representative centre sent a scare through the Tigers camp last week when he suffered a hamstring tear in the 24-22 win over the Warriors and was forced from the field in the first half.

But Lawrence, who started at five-eighth against the Warriors, looked in good order as he was put through his paces by medical staff at training.

The Tigers coach has named Blake Ayshford at five-eighth while 18-year-old playmaker Curtis Sironen is on an extended bench but he's expected to drop off if Lawrence is given the all clear.

"I'm hopeful that we'll get him through but if he's not right I won't risk him," Sheens said.

"I've moved him [Lawrence] back to centre so he doesn't have to work hard on that hamstring by way of efforts during the game."

Sheens confirmed that a final call on Lawrence and NSW State of Origin hooker Robbie Farah would be made by medical staff on Saturday.

The Tigers mentor praised the performance of Farah in the Blues' 18-10 loss to Queensland.

"He's OK from what I heard," Sheens said of Farah.

"I think he did play well, particularly when they had some ball and they were going forward ... he came up some good plays. I think he'll be happy with that game."

The joint venture welcome back tough back-rower Chris Heighington, who hasn't played since suffering a hand injury in the round six loss to Brisbane on April 6.

Source: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 6365608309

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Thu 24 May, 2012 5:42 pm

Well if one of the younguns was gonna play, surely it would make sense not to name them now, but wait til the weekend.. Sirro isn't 18th man. Usually if you're going to have a backup on the bench for an injured player they'd be in the 18 not 15. Maybe Humble will go. Honest toiler, but Sirro has infinite more potential..!

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Thu 24 May, 2012 6:33 pm

Luke wrote:"I've moved him [Lawrence] back to centre so he doesn't have to work hard on that hamstring by way of efforts during the game."
What? I suppose our centres haven;t made any breaks all season so they don;t actually have to make efforts but what sort of stupid comment is this?
Centres don;t actually need to run or something?
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

Alf Duguid

Post by Alf Duguid » Thu 24 May, 2012 6:57 pm

If his hammy isnt 100% he shouldnt play. You can carry other injuries into a game but with a hammy he is more likely to do even more damage and possibly tear it. This exact type of injury cut me done in my prime for the Wolli Creek Woofters

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 24 May, 2012 7:01 pm

Alf Duguid wrote:If his hammy isnt 100% he shouldnt play. You can carry other injuries into a game but with a hammy he is more likely to do even more damage and possibly tear it. This exact type of injury cut me done in my prime for the Wolli Creek Woofters
Bang on Alf. He's had a busted hip, looks to be carrying a shoulder injury and suffered repeated hammy injuries.

Give the kid a break for a week or two. He must be absolutely rooted.
And the sky is filled with light, can you see it?
And the black is really white, if you believe it.
And the longing that you feel, you know none of this is real;
You will find a better place, in this twilight...

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

TheDen

Post by TheDen » Thu 24 May, 2012 11:23 pm

Benji said on the footy show that Lawrence will play but I think it was a cover up. Reddy to centre Sirro to start and Ayshford back to the bench is my guess

Goose

Post by Goose » Sun 27 May, 2012 10:51 pm

Thought Lawrence was back to his old self today, maybe the extra touches he got at five eight played a role in getting him back to form....

good to see him hit that hole and almost burst through

tigerbalm

Post by tigerbalm » Sun 27 May, 2012 11:40 pm

I saw some good signs today. His rushing up in defense was spot on, he hit a few holes at pace from benjis inside passes...it's all starting to click, add Ellis running against the grain and fults stiffening up the defense slightly! Big things ahead!

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Mon 28 May, 2012 4:07 am

now that blair is away from the left edge i expect lawrence to see some more space in the coming weeks.
rhino and hopefully ellis when he comes back will run the correct lines from the correct depth to free up the outside backs on the left.