Utai???

ImageImageImage
Tbone

Re: Utai???

Post by Tbone » Sun 27 May, 2012 7:31 pm

That's probably as good a match as I have ever see Utai play. Well done little nugget.

everett

Post by everett » Sun 27 May, 2012 7:38 pm

Great game and deserves a starting spot
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

Frank the tank

Post by Frank the tank » Sun 27 May, 2012 8:04 pm

Utai is on fire, he's playing like a champion.
I'm not a complete idiot.............there are some pieces missing!

seijai

Post by seijai » Sun 27 May, 2012 10:32 pm

Been sticking up for Utai for long now...finally paying dividends.

tigerkaz

Post by tigerkaz » Sun 27 May, 2012 11:28 pm

yeah i've been sticking up for Utai as well. He is playing his guts out.Those little legs are doing some amazing things this year and he deserves what ever comes his way.Good work Matt.

tigerbalm

Post by tigerbalm » Sun 27 May, 2012 11:35 pm

Compare comments from the begining of this thread to the end... For lulz...never thought I'd see the day when Matt Utai was a last play option. That kick and chase was lovely. I have been a fairly big critic of they guy when he was starting over Mitch brown but I have to admitt, the guy is playing well ATM, hope to god he keeps it up.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

whoneedstherapy

Post by whoneedstherapy » Mon 28 May, 2012 8:37 am

Played well in attack and left his flipper hands at home.

Good game and used his strengths to his advantage ducking under that tackle to get into the backfield.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 28 May, 2012 8:54 am

His hit ups out of our own end are invaluable.

trumper

Post by trumper » Mon 28 May, 2012 9:25 am

Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's a democracy after all.

However a lot of the people on this forum, irrelevant of actual age, spew bile like little children.

Matthew Utai has a premiership ring and has played international football. He has class! He works hard on his game and is the most energetic on field. Its really rewarding for me to see him in red-hot form, for him, for Sheens, for the Tigers, and to hopefully teach a few morons that they don't know THAT much more about rugby league than professional players and veteran coaches.

barra

Post by barra » Mon 28 May, 2012 10:10 am

True, trumper. It is said that Utai brings plenty to the team and not just on game day, apparently he is professional and trains hard which at his age he would need to be. And he brings it all on game day.

He may not be the ultimate winger, and his hands let him down sometimes, but you get the feeling that he won't go missing whenever the team is in the trenches so to speak.

Utlimately his day will come and he will be replaced by a younger man of which we have a couple in the wings, but in the meantime he is earning his spot.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 28 May, 2012 10:55 am

whoneedstherapy wrote:Played well in attack and left his flipper hands at home.

Good game and used his strengths to his advantage ducking under that tackle to get into the backfield.
How good was that?!

I say this everytime a Utai thread pops up, ANYONE who plays on for the best part of 40 mins with a broken arm cannot have their attitude or dedication to their teammates questioned.

He has shown some of his best form in the last two games, and his defensive aptitude has improved out of sight as well. This is a man playing like every game is his last and it's great to see him playing at his best before father time taps him on the shoulder.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

shano

Post by shano » Mon 28 May, 2012 11:17 am

Well said Trumper!

I've been proudly supporting Utai for a long time now. His barnstorming runs have always given us valuable metres. He often leaves a trail of destruction and even manages to give us quick play the balls which maintains our roll in attack. He was awesome against the cowboys and also the warriors. He really helps take some of the workload off our forward pack in attack which helps preserve some of their energy in defence which has noticeably improved. It's no coincidence that we win more games when Utai is in the team!

max smart

Post by max smart » Mon 28 May, 2012 11:20 am

he seems to earn us buckets of penalties when defendes lie on him when he tries to play the ball too which is good...

thought we were a bit lucky that his drop in our half turned into a knock on from the cowboys yesterday..

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 28 May, 2012 9:05 pm

Seems everyones supporting Utai now.
There were probably less members here than the fingers on my hand who supported the signing when it was first announced.

He had a great game yesterday, one of his best for us. Saw him chatting to Sirro after a late try....this is what its all about, our experience passing on their knowledge to our youth.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Mon 28 May, 2012 9:12 pm

Hail Utai , always rated the bloke , sign him up ....
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Mon 28 May, 2012 9:13 pm

innsaneink wrote:Seems everyones supporting Utai now.
There were probably less members here than the fingers on my hand who supported the signing when it was first announced.

He had a great game yesterday, one of his best for us. Saw him chatting to Sirro after a late try....this is what its all about, our experience passing on their knowledge to our youth.
LOL i still dont support him
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 28 May, 2012 9:39 pm

Ink i was critical of the signing at the time, and i had a bit to do with him and really like him as a bloke, and still thought it was a bad signing, so I was very wrong!

He is great at what he does, which is carrying the ball out of our half.

I think his weaknesses have been discussed and well acknowledged, but after a game like he had on sunday, he deserves 2 thumbs up, great game.

badger

Post by badger » Tue 29 May, 2012 10:08 am

My daughters favorite player she spoke to him at the members day and said he way real funny. Got a top photo with him as well which is now our screen saver. A champion player and a classy bloke.