Here's Your Chance Campbelltown

ImageImageImage
Gary Bakerloo

Re: Here's Your Chance Campbelltown

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Wed 30 May, 2012 8:24 am

Benjirific wrote: I used to be proud of the fact we had the best crowds in Sydney, but unfortunately we can't say that anymore. Lets get out and support the club people!
Rabbitohs v Raiders @ ANZ: 10,054
Dragons v Eels @ WIN Jubilee: 12,756
Panthers v Sea Eagles @ Centrebet: 11,844
Tigers v Cowboys @ Campbelltown: 13,059
Roosters v Bulldogs @ Allianz: 11,343

Not sure about you, but I will still say we have the best crowds in Sydney based on those numbers.

As I said, there was a more general effect over the weekend that impacted crowds at all games. The crowd was low by Wests Tigers standards in recent years. The crowd was actually right on the long term average for Campbelltown (13,044). For your reference, the long term Leichhardt average is 13,692.

Goose

Post by Goose » Wed 30 May, 2012 8:51 am

Gary Bakerloo wrote:
Benjirific wrote: I used to be proud of the fact we had the best crowds in Sydney, but unfortunately we can't say that anymore. Lets get out and support the club people!

Not sure about you, but I will still say we have the best crowds in Sydney based on those numbers.

As I said, there was a more general effect over the weekend that impacted crowds at all games. The crowd was low by Wests Tigers standards in recent years. The crowd was actually right on the long term average for Campbelltown (13,044). For your reference, the long term Leichhardt average is 13,692.
exactly. The crowd was approximately in line with what you expect.

As for prices, I think $30 is pricey for a game of footy, but never think twice about paying it, that may change if I had a different fiscal situation.

Do junior players still get the pass?? when i was a kid we all got a pass and could go to any game without cost.

As for reducing prices, by how far?? How many people didn't go because the cost was $30, but would have went if it was $25 or $20?? Id think it would be relatively low.

If we go all the way to $10 entry we would prob fill the joint, but lose money on the day

Post by 2041 » Wed 30 May, 2012 1:45 pm

I've said it three or four times but it seems to keep being ignored so I'll do it again: I feel very sorry for people who can't afford to go to games. I know some people can't afford $30. Some people also can't afford $5. It's a shame.

What I'm talking about is people who can afford it but choose not to. That's ok - each to their own. I also don't like phrases like "true fan" or whatever; hey, I only arrived in the country in 2006 so there are plenty of people who wouldn't consider me a "true fan". However, if you've got the money to go to games but you don't, and you make excuses for that decision along the lines of "it's too expensive/there's inadequate car parking/I can't see the big screen" then I'm afraid I don't have as much respect for you as a fan. Again, like you care.

AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Wed 30 May, 2012 5:08 pm

Gary Bakerloo wrote:

What is your long term average? I think it's redundant factoring in figures any more than 3yrs ago to be honest.
That said, it was a beautiful Sunday afternoon.. 13k is pathetic.
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 30 May, 2012 5:16 pm

It may be pathetic but its reality
Accept it...its what it is.
At least those 13000 went....98% of the people at my work have a team but never go to the footy

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Wed 30 May, 2012 5:26 pm

origin affected every team, not just us. as for the prices, 30 dollars may not be much when compared to 25, but if u wanna take a whole family, then it will cost ya.

as for talking about piracy, movies, internet etc. you're at the wrong place, i'll redirect you:
forum/viewforum.php?f=9&time=1338362800
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Thu 31 May, 2012 8:36 am

innsaneink wrote:It may be pathetic but its reality
Accept it...its what it is.
At least those 13000 went....98% of the people at my work have a team but never go to the footy
NEVER!!!! [/end superhero voice]

I think you are right though, the league has a problem in attracting people through the gates in general. Bar the Broncos. What is it that the Broncos are doing to drive consistent numbers?

Not getting into a here vs there argument and ignoring the financials... would we see higher crowd numbers if we played all our games from LO or CS?

For me there is a lot more to attending a game of league. My old man and I love the trip out to LO, I remember him taking me there as a kid, the game catered to kids, it became a spectacle. I remember getting into the change rooms and hassling a man mountain Siro for an autograph when he just wanted to get changed lol... These are the reasons I attend games, not to hassle the man mountain while he changes lol but because I have fond memories and it becomes nostalgic.

The league only ever touches on the whole "be a true supported" tactics to drive memberships and attendance. The game needs to target families and have families install that same feelings that will create a sense of nostalgia I experience.

The league demographic have a high sense of loyalaty, to brands, foods, sports... everything. Use this sense of loyalty to drive long term behaviour.
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

Glen McWilliams

Post by Glen McWilliams » Thu 31 May, 2012 9:33 am

AndTheKungFoSing wrote: What is it that the Broncos are doing to drive consistent numbers?
Apart from having one team representing a city of 2,000,000 people I'm not too sure...
Boston Red Sox 2013: Worst to First!
Boston Red Sox 2014: First to Worst...

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Thu 31 May, 2012 10:06 am

Settle down everyone, I have found the issue. It's real easy to fix too.

There were no cheerleaders at half time. Souths got rid of them and their game was the least attended of the round.

You're welcome WT. ;)