Here's Your Chance Campbelltown

ImageImageImage
Knuckles
Member
Member
Posts: 2803
Joined: Wed 15 Jul, 2009 10:11 am

Re: Here's Your Chance Campbelltown

Post by Knuckles » Sun 27 May, 2012 9:50 pm

EndlessPassion wrote:Going to campbelltown today firstly i was aliitle disappointed in the crowd and secondly we need to merge all teams to be known as the wests tigers.
I still cannot understand why we have a magpie mascot and merchandise stand at a wests tigers game. Even at leichhardt no balmain merchandise should be sold.
We are one club. forget balmain forget wests magpies we are one. campbelltown and leichhardt juniors should have a clear path to the wests tigers not first magpies then wests tigers.
And please dont back to me their was a magpie game cause you guys know what im saying.

Couldn't agree more .... Looks completely out of place having a Magpies merchandise stand out there.
It's almost like they are trying to make a rebellious statement.


Skando&Hodgo
Member
Member
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri 17 Feb, 2012 12:20 am

Post by Skando&Hodgo » Sun 27 May, 2012 10:02 pm

Knuckles wrote:
EndlessPassion wrote:Going to campbelltown today firstly i was aliitle disappointed in the crowd and secondly we need to merge all teams to be known as the wests tigers.
I still cannot understand why we have a magpie mascot and merchandise stand at a wests tigers game. Even at leichhardt no balmain merchandise should be sold.
We are one club. forget balmain forget wests magpies we are one. campbelltown and leichhardt juniors should have a clear path to the wests tigers not first magpies then wests tigers.
And please dont back to me their was a magpie game cause you guys know what im saying.

Couldn't agree more .... Looks completely out of place having a Magpies merchandise stand out there.
It's almost like they are trying to make a rebellious statement.
Why does it look completely out of place? I'm an old Magpies fan and get along to all our home grounds. If I saw a Balmain merchandise outlet at whatever ground I wouldn't look twice. We all know the WESTS TIGERS are our team now but there's no harm in Wests/Balmain gear being sold. Your call about it being rebellious is ridiculous!


Posted using RoarFEED 2012

User avatar
Bismark
Member
Member
Posts: 606
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 6:12 pm

Post by Bismark » Sun 27 May, 2012 10:32 pm

I was very disappointed by the crowd. My only reason are:

1. Channel 9 game. Would have been a bigger crowd if it was only on Foxtel
2. Out of Sydney team, very few travelling fans.
3. Something else was on. When I arrived at 2:15 where we usually park was chock a block, cars EVERYWHERE, alot more than I've ever seen at Campo. so I was really expecting high numbers in the stadium but not to be, so I can only assume something else was producing that kind of traffic.

User avatar
hybrid_tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4564
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 10:49 am
Location: Latchem Robinson Stand

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 27 May, 2012 10:37 pm

I went today (as I always do) and the crowd was simply disgraceful.

Great weather, Sunday afternoon, Tigers coming off 4 straight wins, playing a very good team, Internationals all over the park. To get 13,000 there is a joke, there is simply no good enough excuse to justify that poor turnout.

I don't know what the issue is but there is clearly a big problem and it needs to be looked into.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29272
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Mon 28 May, 2012 6:03 am

Knuckles wrote:
EndlessPassion wrote:Going to campbelltown today firstly i was aliitle disappointed in the crowd and secondly we need to merge all teams to be known as the wests tigers.
I still cannot understand why we have a magpie mascot and merchandise stand at a wests tigers game. Even at leichhardt no balmain merchandise should be sold.
We are one club. forget balmain forget wests magpies we are one. campbelltown and leichhardt juniors should have a clear path to the wests tigers not first magpies then wests tigers.
And please dont back to me their was a magpie game cause you guys know what im saying.

Couldn't agree more .... Looks completely out of place having a Magpies merchandise stand out there.
It's almost like they are trying to make a rebellious statement.
:brick: :brick:
Whaddya suggest Bob they just pretend they dont exist even tho they do, pack up & boot off right on full time....just to save you from embarrasment?


Knuckles
Member
Member
Posts: 2803
Joined: Wed 15 Jul, 2009 10:11 am

Post by Knuckles » Mon 28 May, 2012 6:51 am

Haha .... Be interesting to know if they actually sell anything.
If they made it a joint merchandise stall with Balmain selling all the historical stuff I would go along with it.

Gary Bakerloo
Member
Member
Posts: 2463
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Mon 28 May, 2012 7:52 am

This is priceless. We have this comment:
EndlessPassion wrote:I still cannot understand why we have a magpie mascot and merchandise stand at a wests tigers game. Even at leichhardt no balmain merchandise should be sold.
Followed by:
EndlessPassion wrote:We are one club. forget balmain forget wests magpies we are one. campbelltown and leichhardt juniors should have a clear path to the wests tigers not first magpies then wests tigers.
Name the teams that the Campbelltown and Leichhardt juniors play for in order to first play NYC and then hopefully first grade for the Wests Tigers?

Yes, we are one club, but there are two pathways to the club for juniors....

Gary Bakerloo
Member
Member
Posts: 2463
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Mon 28 May, 2012 7:55 am

black and white tiger wrote:The Penrith V Manly game today only pulled 11000 fans as well and that's 2 Sydney teams. As I said a bit disappointing but overall to be expected versing a Townsville team.
Put it in further perspective, Manly v Roosters last Sunday afternoon only got 12,500.

Regardless, it was a below average crowd by Wests Tigers standards, but hardly wrist cutting stuff....

User avatar
Mad Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 7:50 am

Post by Mad Tiger » Mon 28 May, 2012 7:57 am

The main issue for me is the $30 GA entry fee, seriously you pay $60 for 2 adults and then get slugged ridiculous prices for food/drinks etc.

$5 a small bucket of chips $4 for a small cup of ice cream, when u have kids its a very expensive day out. When I had no kids I used to attend EVERY home game, now I can't afford to as I can't go to the game without the kids. I'd like to know what other clubs charge in terms of GA admission because afaic $30 is just ridiculous, $20 for me is a fair charge.


Posted using RoarFEED 2012

User avatar
Wagga Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 742
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by Wagga Tiger » Mon 28 May, 2012 8:27 am

Had an absolute ball yesterday, yeah the crowd wasn't huge but they did support the team well. Bit pricey but hey you dont travel 400km's every weekend to watch a great game of footy so you live with that.
Maybe if we were playing the Sharks or maybe Dragons the attendance would have been higher because really how many Cowboy fans can there be in Sydney? Add 7000 Sharks or Dragon fans to the 13000 Tigers fans and you have a packed stadium. Anyway great day great result go the Tigers.

whoneedstherapy
Member
Member
Posts: 227
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 11:11 am

Post by whoneedstherapy » Mon 28 May, 2012 8:28 am

The wife and i got along yesterday, being locals, and for 13K people the atmosphere was pretty good. Nothing like a few odd decisions to fire up the crowd.

We did have a couple of crackers from the burn behind us unleashing all sorts of colourful verbage throughout the game which kept us thoroughly entertained.

I agree with the GA pricing, especially given the demographic in the area but it was also interesting to note the amount of fans hard into the pokies afterwards to offset that. Given the spike in revenue the leagues club gets after the game, surely some softening of the GA pricing can be rolled out?

I have to admit i did laugh when farah was on the deck getting treatment after trying to burrow over the line someone yelled out "get him a kebab"

User avatar
2041
Member
Member
Posts: 1104
Joined: Fri 14 Jan, 2011 12:32 pm

Post by 2041 » Mon 28 May, 2012 8:34 am

Tigermac wrote:
cochise wrote:
Knuckles wrote:
cochise wrote:The ticket prices are obscene. I'm a season ticket holder but took my parents along aswell today. I can not believe that the ga tickets are $30 each, that is terrible.


Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Not cheap mate .... Ask a single income family renting in the region.
I agree the club should do a bit more research on its fans in it's south west heartland.
If my parents had not have travelled down with me today, I think they would have turned around and went home when they saw the ticket prices. Luckily dad let me put $5 on moltz as 1st try scorer for him. Made his money back.


Posted using RoarFEED 2012


Prices are a joke. What's wrong with say $15.00 GA for adults and $5.00 for kids.
Well to start with if they halved the prices they'd have to double the crowd. I'm sure more people would go if it was cheaper to get in but they'd have struggled to attract 26,000 yesterday given the ground only holds 21,000.

Secondly, I'm sure I'm going to get abused for this and I know some people struggle financially but, sorry, $25-30 to see the best players in the game live is really not expensive. If you decided to sack off the football yesterday and take your kids to see Men In Black 3 (not in 3D) at Campbelltown Event Cinemas instead you'd have been paying $18.50 an adult and $13.50 a child. So your choice is Robbie Farah putting his body on the line versus Tommy Lee Jones phoning it in + ten bucks.

User avatar
black and white tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 568
Joined: Sun 11 Sep, 2011 10:39 am
Location: Bays 11_13_20

Post by black and white tiger » Mon 28 May, 2012 8:51 am

Wagga Tiger wrote:Had an absolute ball yesterday, yeah the crowd wasn't huge but they did support the team well. Bit pricey but hey you dont travel 400km's every weekend to watch a great game of footy so you live with that.
Maybe if we were playing the Sharks or maybe Dragons the attendance would have been higher because really how many Cowboy fans can there be in Sydney? Add 7000 Sharks or Dragon fans to the 13000 Tigers fans and you have a packed stadium. Anyway great day great result go the Tigers.

Love your attitude Wagga Tiger,
Your 100% correct about the crowd No's. Throw in another Sydney team and this thread would not even exist.
And after a great win like that how could we not travel down to Canberra to support the boys.

And yeh, the crowd even tho small was very vocal. Didn't appear that way on TV but at the ground they really did get behind the team.

Great day !

User avatar
smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 9454
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 11:56 pm

Post by smeghead » Mon 28 May, 2012 9:07 am

Disspointing crowd figure, great atmosphere.

A good send off with a few weeks or so before the boys land at a home game again
Image

User avatar
AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?
Posts: 2486
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 8:28 am
Location: Behind You!
Contact:

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Mon 28 May, 2012 9:41 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:I went today (as I always do) and the crowd was simply disgraceful.

Great weather, Sunday afternoon, Tigers coming off 4 straight wins, playing a very good team, Internationals all over the park. To get 13,000 there is a joke, there is simply no good enough excuse to justify that poor turnout.

I don't know what the issue is but there is clearly a big problem and it needs to be looked into.
Spot on mate. Can't believe that poor turnout.
Ticket pricing is excessive no doubt, but given you pay 20 - 24bucks to watch a movie now-a-days... 30 bucks for a footy game seems inline... doesn't it :/
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

Alf Duguid
Member
Member
Posts: 1009
Joined: Fri 14 May, 2010 10:07 am

Post by Alf Duguid » Mon 28 May, 2012 9:44 am

I know its not a perfect solution but from memory the home ground memberships stacked up ok in terms of pricing. You can also pay it off via direct debit over a few months.

Who knows, maybe thats what the club is trying to do in setting the GA prices so high

User avatar
hybrid_tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4564
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 10:49 am
Location: Latchem Robinson Stand

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 28 May, 2012 9:45 am

AndTheKungFoSing wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:I went today (as I always do) and the crowd was simply disgraceful.

Great weather, Sunday afternoon, Tigers coming off 4 straight wins, playing a very good team, Internationals all over the park. To get 13,000 there is a joke, there is simply no good enough excuse to justify that poor turnout.

I don't know what the issue is but there is clearly a big problem and it needs to be looked into.
Spot on mate. Can't believe that poor turnout.
Ticket pricing is excessive no doubt, but given you pay 20 - 24bucks to watch a movie now-a-days... 30 bucks for a footy game seems inline... doesn't it :/
I also don't believe the pricing is a real issue. The club needs to make money and to suggest the tickets should be $10 or $15 is simply not feasible or possible and nor is it good business sense. Anyway, Campbelltown is no more expensive than going to any other ground in the NRL, is it?

For some reason, people are staying away. It is a real problem and something has to be done about it.

User avatar
Mad Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 7:50 am

Post by Mad Tiger » Mon 28 May, 2012 9:50 am

For those saying the ticket prices are fair, please explain why our club charges the MOST out of ALL the Western Sydney teams...

GA for a Panthers game is $22 for an adult

GA for a Eels game is $22 for an adult

GA for a Bulldogs game is $20 for an adult pre-sale or $25 for gate tickets.

Post Reply