Blair

ImageImageImage
innsaneink

Re: Blair

Post by innsaneink » Sun 27 May, 2012 8:44 pm

Hes a long way from where he should be you blokes too eager to justify something that hasnt happened...hes still playing like a fringe first grader imo....long way to go before we should start raving

BobSacamano

Post by BobSacamano » Sun 27 May, 2012 8:52 pm

BobSacamano wrote:thats 2 weeks in a row he has been up there with our best. where the haters at?
innsaneink wrote:Hes a long way from where he should be you blokes too eager to justify something that hasnt
happened...hes still playing like a fringe first grader imo....long way to go before we should start raving
there they are

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 27 May, 2012 8:56 pm

Was at the game today, thought Blair did some good things also thought he lacked emergency a lot of the time.Tends to drift in and out of games. In saying that he makes a lot of hard yards

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 27 May, 2012 9:00 pm

I expect him to be up there with our best players, I expect a lot from an international marquee signing....Im not seeing it

BobSacamano

Post by BobSacamano » Sun 27 May, 2012 9:06 pm

innsaneink wrote:I expect him to be up there with our best players, I expect a lot from an international marquee signing....Im not seeing it
fair enough. but i dont think that many maquee signings that change clubs have an INSTANT impact. I wonder if you would have had the same opinion of greg inglis in his first year at souths?

tigermaniac

Post by tigermaniac » Sun 27 May, 2012 9:08 pm

If you can't see he's getting better, try OPSM.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

hellman

Post by hellman » Sun 27 May, 2012 9:11 pm

innsaneink wrote:I expect him to be up there with our best players, I expect a lot from an international marquee signing....Im not seeing it
As a marquee signing he has been poor.

His performances have been improving but I don't think he was any better than Heighno out there today. He is still a long way off from where we need him to be.

Still it was an improved effort.

BALMAINIAC

Post by BALMAINIAC » Sun 27 May, 2012 9:30 pm

He was miles better than Heighington (who understandably needed the run). Blair went well but I still think he has more to give. He was chief "grub" at Melbourne and I wouldn't mind seeing a bit of that for us......

twenty20

Post by twenty20 » Sun 27 May, 2012 9:34 pm

I'll put my hand up and declare that I have been critical of his performances in the early part of the year. I still need to be convinced that he is worth the investment, but perhaps at his current rate of improvement the return on investment will be evident around the September mark.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sun 27 May, 2012 9:47 pm

A highlight for me was Blair following the play across field on the last tackles, harassing Ray Thompson to run sideways and pass hurriedly to Thurston who had to kick under pressure. That was in the last 10 minutes of the game too.

Tbone

Post by Tbone » Sun 27 May, 2012 10:10 pm

Definitely yoss. What I like most is the hard hits he puts on the kickers, usually just within the limits of the law. You can be sure it gets them rushing the kick in future sets or at least thinking about it in the back of their minds. It's the bit of grubbiness/aggression we need, especially after losing Gibbs.

Hopefully he keeps getting busier and we keeps it up.

Goose

Post by Goose » Sun 27 May, 2012 10:15 pm

Blair was very good today, he made a lot of important (if not flashy) plays today along with a number of very good runs, look forward to seeing Ellis on the other side of the field terrorising the opposition.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 27 May, 2012 10:19 pm

reminds me a LOT of alan schirnack.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Troyzab

Post by Troyzab » Sun 27 May, 2012 10:20 pm

BALMAINIAC wrote:He was miles better than Heighington (who understandably needed the run). Blair went well but I still think he has more to give. He was chief "grub" at Melbourne and I wouldn't mind seeing a bit of that for us......

Was cautioned by the ref today for a few knees in the calf, he denied it though !!

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 27 May, 2012 10:25 pm

hellman wrote:
As a marquee signing he has been poor.

His performances have been improving but I don't think he was any better than Heighno out there today. He is still a long way off from where we need him to be.

Still it was an improved effort.
I think Blair has a lot of improvement left in him, but he is slowly getting better and does alot of little things right. I also think his hit ups are improving, still turns his back when he hits the line more than I like but when he doesn't he makes meters, always gets a quick play the ball too.

If you honestly think Heighington played better than him today you must be on some heavy drugs.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sun 27 May, 2012 10:29 pm

I like what he is doing. Coming from a very structured team to a side with a lot less structure. Pressuring the kicker and efforts from marker ate good examples of how to kick-start your season.

moesspot

Post by moesspot » Sun 27 May, 2012 11:41 pm

I thought he played well today. He is a talented player but it's some of the little things that were bugging me. rushing out of the line, shirt grabbing and the one that really got me was returning to the defensive line with his back to the opposition. Junior's stuff. I recon i've seen try's this year when they basically followed him back into the line and went straight through him. Hopefully it's all in the past. Go you Tigs

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sun 27 May, 2012 11:55 pm

Threw a beautiful pass off the ground that almost led to a try. Has improved a lot during the year and I think he's getting close to a breakout performance.