Heighno

ImageImageImage
cnx_tigers

Heighno

Post by cnx_tigers » Sun 27 May, 2012 5:03 pm

Serious question......Is Heighno the weakest forward in the NRL?

Heighno runs at backs and gets pushed back all the time.

Benji puts him into some incredible gaps and he rarely makes his way through even soft cover D.

Today, he was over for the winning try.....yet a 5 foot full back spun him around and held him up (on his own).

Ben Creagh is not exactly a tough nut, but Creagh busts holes like Heighno can only dream of.

I've met Heighno a few times and he's not a small man. He's built like Gallen and Bird.

So, why does he get pushed and dominated physically by just about every player in the NRL? Is it technique? Lack of leg stength? What?

I thought he played well today. He runs lines well he is incredibly willing. But he just dead set cannot bend anyone back. :?:

westy81

Post by westy81 » Sun 27 May, 2012 5:49 pm

You gotta remember that full backs are the last line of defense and that's one of there jobs to save trys, and it was heighno's first game back after injury

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
GO THE TIGERS !!!!

mikey

Post by mikey » Sun 27 May, 2012 6:06 pm

May not be the best player in the NRL but certainly not the worst. He's gives it his all and I am sure he will contribute towards the back end of the season.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 27 May, 2012 6:07 pm

Yeah I remember a slightly built Hodgo doing the same thing on some big forwards trying to cross the line a few times also.

On Heighington, I agree though, cnx. It irritates me how he can't seem to bend the line or capitalise on some of the good passes Benji gives him. He has a great build and looks really fit - I can't understand it either.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Black Orange White

Post by Black Orange White » Sun 27 May, 2012 6:08 pm

Yeah, I don't know how he walked back into first grade. He's not impactful enough and doesn't have a great workload like Fulton. Hopefully Dwyer returns, he is one of the best hole runner in the NRL I reckon.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 27 May, 2012 6:09 pm

the play just stops with him. you can just see, as long as he gets the ball, the whole line starts to think of the next play. he does get the quick PTB though.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sun 27 May, 2012 6:11 pm

I thought he had a good game ,but each to their own .

max power

Post by max power » Sun 27 May, 2012 6:18 pm

I only saw the game on tv but was thinking the same thing..he winds up 100m/ph and someone lays a finger on him and stops dead in his track , not to mention one of their smallest players ran straight over the top of him in segeyaro. Hes been a great clubman but id say his best years are well and truly behind him

Demps

Post by Demps » Sun 27 May, 2012 6:21 pm

in regards to your question: Yes.
he is ineffective in attack, absolutely useless.

would probably kill it in the UK though,
hopefully sooner rather than later.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

cnx_tigers

Post by cnx_tigers » Sun 27 May, 2012 6:26 pm

max power wrote:I only saw the game on tv but was thinking the same thing..he winds up 100m/ph and someone lays a finger on him and stops dead in his track
That's what I am getting at. It's like he hits a brick wall. Even when tiny centers hit him.......instantly stops or goes backwards.

To the fellas saying "first game back" etc, it's been like this for a few years. Nothing to do with today. He just has zero impact.

And to 1/4 chicken, I agree he had a decent game. He runs lines well, he tries his guts out. He tackles all day.

It's just puzzling why he gets pushed back / stopped so easily.

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sun 27 May, 2012 6:28 pm

Ido agree with what you are saying re RHINO cnx.

The Phantom

Post by The Phantom » Sun 27 May, 2012 6:41 pm

Rhino has been a great club man, unfortunately he is providing no impact on the paddock . I prefer Bell in the starting line up.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

cnx_tigers

Post by cnx_tigers » Sun 27 May, 2012 6:42 pm

I don't want to sound negative as he has been a great club man. Long term this season though I really don't want to see Heighno AND Liam in the same side. We lose so much impact when they both are in the backrow.

Liam's form demands he's in the team.

hellman

Post by hellman » Sun 27 May, 2012 7:02 pm

Liam deserves a spot ahead of Heighno however Heighno went real well today. It was a good effort.

milford_magic

Post by milford_magic » Sun 27 May, 2012 7:21 pm

I like Heighno but he was a decent player and now he is well past his best.

We can carry him on his own as other guys can make the metres but him and Fulton on at the same time is a disaster.

There is absolutely no way he should also play 80 minutes. Again he was turning his back and struggling back to his mark in the final 10, ala the souths game. Thankfully the cowboys didnt have enough ball to exploit it.

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Sun 27 May, 2012 7:31 pm

you blokes are all blowing smoke out of your arse heighno was very good today he does a lot of work for that forward pack, who was there when benji got run down. How quick u all are to bash him, he gives his all every game unlike blair who plodes around and he does not break the line either. he is a worker and u need them in a team, so give him the respect he deserves please.

cnx_tigers

Post by cnx_tigers » Sun 27 May, 2012 7:34 pm

bp tiger wrote:you blokes are all blowing smoke out of your arse heighno was very good today he does a lot of work for that forward pack, who was there when benji got run down. How quick u all are to bash him, he gives his all every game unlike blair who plodes around and he does not break the line either. he is a worker and u need them in a team, so give him the respect he deserves please.
Yes, he's a worker. Yes, he busts his guts. What I am saying is we have ONE of those already who is undersized (Liam Fulton) and we lose a lot when we have two of them.

Re Blair, i must have seen a different game to you today..........thought he was excellent.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 27 May, 2012 7:35 pm

Some will remember i spent the good part of 2 years giving Heighno the hardest of time. I always maintained my criticism was justified. I also acknowledged that he turned his form around and i became a big fan again.

Now im on the fence a little. Ive noticed this year a few people give him a hard time and i havent really agreed, but im starting to wonder if his form is slipping again. When he had that very long run of bad form he lost his timing and footwork, and the thing i noticed today was he had no footwork again. Thats a bad sign.

Give him next week and see if he can find that mojo again. Last year he was good, and i think he can come good again.

I did notice today that everytime he ran we lost some momentum
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS