Heighno

ImageImageImage
tig_prmz

Re: Heighno

Post by tig_prmz » Mon 28 May, 2012 12:21 am

he bounced back from injury quite well, but his overall game pre or post injury is what people are alluding to.

no doubt he gives his 100%, i guess you need some worker like him. would prefer fulton over him though.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

whoneedstherapy

Post by whoneedstherapy » Mon 28 May, 2012 8:12 am

I thought he was solid given it was the first game back from injury. Give him a few weeks to get some sharpness back and see how he is.

I do agree that Fults has been playing very well and is hard done by to be left out.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 28 May, 2012 9:04 am

Meevinman wrote:He just came back from injury, give him a chance to get back in the feel of it.
What we saw today is the same that we've seen for two years.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 28 May, 2012 9:14 am

For the life of me I can't understand why he played the 80 minutes as he seemed to make a fair few poor decisions. I will say he is a good organiser in the line though and the left structure held its shape very well in defense.

Give him instructions to run and tackle hard and rest him for a period.

The telling sign was Bell doing the Heighno marker run but making metres in doing so.

What can I say though I love Heighno the player and all the years he carried our pack squarely on his shoulders is not something I can forget. My judgement may be clouded but I would have him in the side somewhere still

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Mon 28 May, 2012 9:42 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:
Meevinman wrote:He just came back from injury, give him a chance to get back in the feel of it.
What we saw today is the same that we've seen for two years.
Exactly.

We all love the guy and respect him for his loyalty and commitment over the past decade but in the past 18 months he's struggled to make metres, he does an admirable job in defence but I think this should be his last year in the NRL.

I think when Ellis come back it should be -

11. Blair
12. Ellis
13. Bell

14. Fulton
15. Cashmere
16. BMM
17. Humble

Chadman's Ghost

Post by Chadman's Ghost » Mon 28 May, 2012 11:14 am

I think Rhino's troubles are a technique thing. Using Liam Fulton and Ellis as the comparison- you see those 2 guys run between tacklers far more the Heighington, who seems to aim up right at the tackler. For 'smaller' guys like Fulton, hitting the gap between tacklers, at pace, is what makes them effective. If Fulton ran AT defenders, he'd be ineffective. Guys like Ellis, who are physically big & powerful, can run AT defenders & be effective. Heighington is neither 'big' or 'powerful'. He'd be much better advised attacking the gaps at pace, than hitting the line with that shuffle he uses.

That said, it's VERY hard to complain about a guy that obviously puts in 100% every game. In fact, his on field demeanour & attitude may be more important to the team than his actual play.

I reckon you find a spot for him every week & live with whatever deficiancies he brings, because you know, when the game is on the line & THAT tackle needs to be made- he'll have his hand up.

max power

Post by max power » Mon 28 May, 2012 6:48 pm

I reckon you find a spot for him every week & live with whatever deficiancies he brings, because you know, when the game is on the line & THAT tackle needs to be made- he'll have his hand up.[/quote]

like when he made THAT innefective tackle on segeyaro (either 1st or 2nd smallest man on the field who ran straight over the top of him ) thank god for BMM finger touching his leg creating a double movement.
End of the day as wests tigers ,pretty sure we all love heighno.... I just cant find a spot for him in my 17 when fully fit....am i alone ? Im happy to be wrong here as i love the guy