Finding Form

ImageImageImage
tigertye

Finding Form

Post by tigertye » Sun 27 May, 2012 6:42 pm

See what happens when we play the full 80. What a top game of footy.

Really proud of the boys today, and I think we are really starting to find some form.

Moltzen played well at the back today and to me looked similar to his form in the finals last year, also looks like he's working hard at defusing bombs which is good to see. He's a confidence player.

Benji. Running the ball and more involved, today he mixed his brilliance with playing sensible almost perfectly and his kicking game was great. Just think he should be more careful with these shoulder charges he's been doing. When they come off great, they fire up the team and he can get pretty aggressive in defence, but he's missing a lot and teams are getting a bit of second faze play.

Farah = machine. Awesome performance backing up from origin, his 40/20 was at a point the Tigers were looking to take the foot of the pedal a bit. And he put us in the perfect position for attack.

Sirro - Looked a bit nervous but settled into the game well and took on the line. May need another spell of the bench to settle him in and not put to much pressure on him too early, but no doubt in my mind he's the bloke for the 6 long term.

Blair - Did plenty on 1%'s today. More involved and was very impressed

Lawrence & Lote - Our old strike weapon looked to be well on its way back. Good in defence and Lote showed great speed for his try. Lawrence also hit a great hole for a break, something i haven't seen him do since last year.

Forwards - All made good metres and good in D. Gee whiz, we've got a talent in Woods..wow

The rest of the team did a great job and played smart, hard footy.

If they put in another big game next week, I'd expect to see us go on mid season winning streak. Today looked really confident and the sort of side that would trouble any team in the comp. If they put those sort of performances on the field consistently, they'll be unstoppable.

Black Orange White

Post by Black Orange White » Sun 27 May, 2012 6:55 pm

Great post. Agree with it, but Benji's pass to Beau after the Utai break was one of his worst plays ever. I think Marshall has still got a lot of room to improve this year.

hellman

Post by hellman » Sun 27 May, 2012 6:58 pm

I think both Benji and Robbie came up with some poor plays. Robbie's runs from dummy half when we were on their line were both pretty ordinary.

Benji's pass to Ryan was terrible.

Still they both killed it.
Last edited by hellman on Sun 27 May, 2012 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 27 May, 2012 7:37 pm

Considering the way Sheens has shuffled players around the team certainly is gaining some form..hopefully soon a team will be settled on then watch out!

Stripes96
Location: Where the folks who know about frostiness stay frostiest the most

Post by Stripes96 » Sun 27 May, 2012 8:09 pm

Think of it this way: we beat the team coming 3rd pretty comfortably in the end, and we are still yet to hit our straps. I'm licking my lips thinking about what we will be like when everyone plays in the same position every week and we start firing.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

The Phantom

Post by The Phantom » Sun 27 May, 2012 8:14 pm

Stripes96 wrote:Think of it this way: we beat the team coming 3rd pretty comfortably in the end, and we are still yet to hit our straps. I'm licking my lips thinking about what we will be like when everyone plays in the same position every week and we start firing.

I like it

Tbone

Post by Tbone » Sun 27 May, 2012 8:23 pm

The thing that pleases me is that just about every player has now found some form at some stage this season. Woods, farah, benji etc have been ranging between ok and excellent all year, but even Utai, Lawrence, molten and tuqiri have got in on the action now. Well done lads.

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Sun 27 May, 2012 8:31 pm

Moltzen - probably his best game for some time, he showed huge improvement in the last few games. I did not believe he has it anymore.

Lote - he's back. We just need another 20-30% improvement from Lawrence and Ayshford and Tigers will be flying.

Utai - I cannot believe how well he played in the last few games.

It looked to me that Marshall carried an injury or was injured during the game, that explains the lack of speed some people noticed. His kicking game was good again, and goal kicking is unbelievable.

Go Tigers.

Benny4PM

Post by Benny4PM » Sun 27 May, 2012 8:42 pm

Utai needs some recognition today. Was one of the best today.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sun 27 May, 2012 9:14 pm

Utai needs to be re-signed quick smart
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

hellman

Post by hellman » Sun 27 May, 2012 9:20 pm

Utai is killing it out there.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 27 May, 2012 9:39 pm

Once again, Keith and Woods stood up to a bigger pack.

Utai had an absolute ball tearer of a game & Sironen looked very comfortable out there.

Moltzen looked a lot better at the back again. Noticed he was running in support of a number of different players today. Hopefully that continues.

Having said all that, I still can't help but feel we wasted about three or four clear chances to get points. Both teams did their best to lose the game today by coming up with errors or mistakes when the game was there for the taking.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Goose

Post by Goose » Sun 27 May, 2012 10:45 pm

I thought it was a high quality game today.

Lawrence looked like his old self today.

Moltzen was good again, he has got better and better over the last 4 weeks. Same as last year, once allowed to settle in a position he has performed strongly.

Lote better today, again he has got better each week over the last 3.

5 in a row, if we play at this level we will win our next 2 and cruise into the bye looking like top 4 contenders. That said there is of course no gurantee we will play at this level next week.