Tuquiris Best Game.

ImageImageImage
milford_magic

Tuquiris Best Game.

Post by milford_magic » Mon 28 May, 2012 12:06 am

Thought that was his best game.

Made some pretty important plays. The Intercept on Halftime I think won us the game. Theres no way we deserved to go in at the 40 minute mark ahead of the Cowboys.

Not to mention some other crucial plays like the in goal sweep off the kick off to save the ball from going dead and also a couple of nice kick returns (One with about 6 minutes to go from his own line where he got us 10 metres and a quick play the ball was vital).

No errors that I remember either, although the stats suggest 1.

Chadman's Ghost

Post by Chadman's Ghost » Mon 28 May, 2012 10:54 am

He wouldn't be the Lone Ranger in having his best game this season yesterday, but I agree- he was good. The Tigers still aren't clicking properly yet, but the signs are there.

shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Mon 28 May, 2012 12:44 pm

He did have a good game yesterday. I read a story in the paper yesterday regarding a new contract. I still think Wests should let him go.

What do you all think? It's a tough one.
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

Chadman's Ghost

Post by Chadman's Ghost » Mon 28 May, 2012 12:49 pm

I'd keep him, if only because of the presense he brings to the team. I doubt he'll command the same dollars he did when we signed him originally.

He's still effective, he blends well with the guys around him & he'd have to be a marketing dream.

Plus- it's kinda cool to have that big dude out there.

max smart

Post by max smart » Mon 28 May, 2012 1:05 pm

he did well. but I wouldn't be paying him HEAPS to stick around... we have a pretty full squad with outside backs. they also just did resign david noafulama (spelling?) the wingers from Toyota cup and will a few handy blokes including Tim Simona and John Grant in NSW Cup we have depth at a decent price...

he's a marquee though so would be nice to have him around the club as long as he doesn't send us broke..

adamtiger

Post by adamtiger » Mon 28 May, 2012 1:19 pm

another 12 months of a duel international within our squad wouldnt hurt anyone in my opion... with the amout of injuries he has had its beena rough trot for him, hes only going to get better this year regardless of his age, class is pernament

georgebeema

Post by georgebeema » Mon 28 May, 2012 4:37 pm

Word is he will remain at the tigers next year. He is valuable to the club on and off the park. I feel he started 2012 very unfit, but is coming along every week and I truly believe by seasons end he will be a weapon.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

mitch2040

Post by mitch2040 » Mon 28 May, 2012 7:45 pm

milford_magic wrote:Thought that was his best game.

Made some pretty important plays. The Intercept on Halftime I think won us the game. Theres no way we deserved to go in at the 40 minute mark ahead of the Cowboys.

Not to mention some other crucial plays like the in goal sweep off the kick off to save the ball from going dead and also a couple of nice kick returns (One with about 6 minutes to go from his own line where he got us 10 metres and a quick play the ball was vital).

No errors that I remember either, although the stats suggest 1.
It was after benjis flick pass, he dropped the ball in the tackle.
I would like to see lote still involved in the club while our future wingers also get fg experience. Perhaps he could help the cubs mature and improve even quicker?

sjtiger

Post by sjtiger » Mon 28 May, 2012 8:34 pm

Still had trouble a couple of times keeping up with Lawrence on attacking raids from just inside our half.
I'd be happy to see him for 1 more year in Tigers colours though (If price is right of course)

badger

Post by badger » Tue 29 May, 2012 9:52 am

Man Lote has some serious pace. When Tamou made his break and Ryan was chasing him Lote came motoring across from the other wing to help save the try. On the replay you can see how much ground he made up when the others seemed to be going up and down on the same spot. He is fast and we need all the speed we can get

willow

Post by willow » Tue 29 May, 2012 1:11 pm

Lote still has good speed, he's just not lightning quick off the mark which lets him down a bit when scooting out from dummyhalf. His form is improving slowly which is a good thing, but for next year I'd still be leaning towards using Koroibete.

tigerlogic

Post by tigerlogic » Tue 29 May, 2012 5:28 pm

willow wrote:Lote still has good speed, he's just not lightning quick off the mark which lets him down a bit when scooting out from dummyhalf. His form is improving slowly which is a good thing, but for next year I'd still be leaning towards using Koroibete.
I actually think he is quick off the mark but runs from dummy half at the wrong times hence he keeps getting caught , eg, from a sideline, or when two markers are comfortable set.. On both these occasions the dummy half is easy pickings

clontarfkid
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by clontarfkid » Tue 29 May, 2012 5:39 pm

Best game in 2 seasons,but still nothing special..missed several opportunities by not staying with lawrence,was nowhere to be seen when Benji got run down,& frankly struggles to break tackles as he did in his prime,or position himself to finish off movements.
Still wasnt our best winger on Sunday...that honor went to our other 30-something winger!
Got a feeling at least one (& probably both)of the NYC wingers wld do better than Lote rite now if given the opportunity,& given previous comment about respective winger ages we dont want either of these guys coming thru to lose motivation or committment to WT.