Canberra weather thread 2/6/2012

ImageImageImage
Post Reply
User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10825
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns

Canberra weather thread 2/6/2012

Post by stryker » Sat 02 Jun, 2012 10:05 am

She's a cold one down here today... been raining most of the morning and still a fog in some parts... If you are coming down, you'll need a poncho.

Local tv and radio has been promoting the hell out of this game. Canberra are desperate to get back on track and they love beating us. Should be a good crowd despite the rain.


User avatar
DJZ
Member
Member
Posts: 245
Joined: Wed 27 Apr, 2011 7:44 pm
Location: The Hills

Post by DJZ » Sat 02 Jun, 2012 10:30 am

Leaving now...... Hopefully the rains stays away tonight....
Go the tigers.......

tigerlogic
Member
Member
Posts: 958
Joined: Sun 26 Jun, 2011 1:23 pm

Post by tigerlogic » Sat 02 Jun, 2012 10:40 am

stryker wrote:She's a cold one down here today... been raining most of the morning and still a fog in some parts... If you are coming down, you'll need a poncho.

Local tv and radio has been promoting the hell out of this game. Canberra are desperate to get back on track and they love beating us. Should be a good crowd despite the rain.
Love beating us???
They very rarely do..


Posted using RoarFEED 2012

User avatar
barra
Member
Member
Posts: 2312
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: Sth Coast

Post by barra » Sat 02 Jun, 2012 10:41 am

...and a few layers under the raincoat I dare say. I'll be prepared!

Gary Bakerloo
Member
Member
Posts: 2463
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Sat 02 Jun, 2012 10:46 am

Have ventured to the nation's capital. My liver barely recognises the cold.


User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10825
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns

Post by stryker » Sat 02 Jun, 2012 11:06 am

tigerlogic wrote:
stryker wrote:She's a cold one down here today... been raining most of the morning and still a fog in some parts... If you are coming down, you'll need a poncho.

Local tv and radio has been promoting the hell out of this game. Canberra are desperate to get back on track and they love beating us. Should be a good crowd despite the rain.
Love beating us???
They very rarely do..


Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Thats true...but they do take particular enjoyment in doing so. They will definetly turn up to play.

User avatar
tigergirlz
Member
Member
Posts: 2627
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 10:09 pm

Post by tigergirlz » Sat 02 Jun, 2012 11:17 am

Good on everyone who is going out to support the Tigers. I was wondering why there are night games in either Canberra or Melbourne between June and August?

User avatar
softlaw
Member
Member
Posts: 3714
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: The Monaro. South of Canberra.

Post by softlaw » Sat 02 Jun, 2012 12:19 pm

I;m just over an hour south of canberra and it's still foggy with light rain. Not bitterly cold, but definitely not in double digit temps. If it stays overcast it may keep it a couple of degrees warmer in the dark tonight.
This is the only game of the year I get to see so the weather is irrelevant - AND it's the first chance to see the 20's. Can;t wait :)
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

Tiger Town

Post by Tiger Town » Sun 03 Jun, 2012 12:26 am

tigergirlz wrote:Good on everyone who is going out to support the Tigers. I was wondering why there are night games in either Canberra or Melbourne between June and August?
Somedays the evenings are warmer than the days in the Capital

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10825
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns

Post by stryker » Sun 03 Jun, 2012 1:49 am

Only some days.....the rain certainly kept the temp at a reasonable level although coming from Cairns, I was still frozen....Great to see so many Wests Tigers fans there. Obviously a lot either live here or the surrounds on top of those who made the trek from Sydney. It was a good atmosphere of celebration.

Post Reply