Masada Iosefa

ImageImageImage
milford_magic

Re: Masada Iosefa

Post by milford_magic » Sun 03 Jun, 2012 7:00 pm

Id be happy to give him another go, working with Humble, but long term later in the year I'm not Sold.

His service was pretty average, I will excuse him in the wet as a one off, but I do recall a penrith hooker last year with terrible service who filed in a bit, and I think it was Iosefa.

He also as someone mentioned threw a few balls which almost went forward. To me he's behind Humble still.

Vicious

Post by Vicious » Sun 03 Jun, 2012 7:30 pm

Masada Iosefa was a schoolboy prodigy who starred in some very successful Panthers junior rep sides. He is a massive talent and has the ability to come up with match winning plays, but hasn`t seemed to be able to eliminate the silly errors from his game as yet. Maybe a side such as the Wests Tigers where he knows he doesn`t need to overplay his role will be the perfect fit for him. I feel a little sorry for Humble and Politini as they both have some good qualities of their own, but in my opinion Iosefa is a great addition and is potentially the type of player who can come on in a big semi final and be a match winner for us.

LCA

Post by LCA » Sun 03 Jun, 2012 7:32 pm

I liked the look of him. In fact, with Bell, Iosefa and Sironen on the park at the same time I thought we looked sharp. He's no Robbie Farah, but he looked good. I still rate Tom Humble though. What a great situation to be in...lots of options to call on when the need arises.

Vicious

Post by Vicious » Sun 03 Jun, 2012 7:37 pm

LCA wrote:I liked the look of him. In fact, with Bell, Iosefa and Sironen on the park at the same time I thought we looked sharp. He's no Robbie Farah, but he looked good. I still rate Tom Humble though. What a great situation to be in...lots of options to call on when the need arises.
If it was based on attack only, there probably wouldn`t have been no need for Iosefa as both Humble and Politini have good attacking qualities out of dummy half, but Iosefa who is a very solid unit also has the ability to come up with big hits and cause turn overs, the extra aggression when defending is what I think Sheens was looking for.

EggButterRoll99

Post by EggButterRoll99 » Mon 04 Jun, 2012 10:20 am

I reckon iosefa played well for us against Canberra, maybe he will start against the storm on Friday night?

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 04 Jun, 2012 10:28 am

Vicious wrote:
LCA wrote:I liked the look of him. In fact, with Bell, Iosefa and Sironen on the park at the same time I thought we looked sharp. He's no Robbie Farah, but he looked good. I still rate Tom Humble though. What a great situation to be in...lots of options to call on when the need arises.
If it was based on attack only, there probably wouldn`t have been no need for Iosefa as both Humble and Politini have good attacking qualities out of dummy half, but Iosefa who is a very solid unit also has the ability to come up with big hits and cause turn overs, the extra aggression when defending is what I think Sheens was looking for.
Pretty much exactly what I was going to say

Jackie Chiles

Post by Jackie Chiles » Tue 05 Jun, 2012 12:07 pm

Give me Humble at No.9 . Masada is a good player but he is a waste of money. We did not need him.

batboy

Post by batboy » Tue 05 Jun, 2012 12:16 pm

Iosefa is a Big unit who could easily slot into Back Row...
Maybe just the Utility we need??

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Tue 05 Jun, 2012 2:41 pm

after watching politini the other week i can see why sheens does not want to use him, he was very soft in defence, he did not make many one on one tackles and ran along side the atacking players till another tigers player got into the tackle. iosefa is a big unit and defence is not a problem for him and he is very good with ball in hand.
having said that i feel very sorry for humble is has been very good where ever he has played and he should still be in the team.