Masada Iosefa

ImageImageImage
stryker

Re: Masada Iosefa

Post by stryker » Sat 02 Jun, 2012 10:22 pm

Black Orange White wrote:Average at best. Slow and terrible service, but he had a nice kick. Politini/Humble is better, but realistically none of them should be in the team, we don't need a backup hooker.
My thoughts exactly. As wasted bench spot to have cover for Robbie...totally unwarranted.

Fraze23

Post by Fraze23 » Sat 02 Jun, 2012 10:52 pm

If I'm Tom Humble or Pat Politoni I'd be filthy. I realize it's his first hit out but he didn't look to add anymore than what we would of got from Humble or Politoni. I think the bench will be our biggest hurdle in becoming a genuine contender.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Sat 02 Jun, 2012 10:53 pm

Possibly giving some game time to prepare for next week when Robbie is on SOO duties. Prefer Politini or Humble tho.

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Sat 02 Jun, 2012 11:04 pm

I thought he was very average. I think politani looked better in his limited time. I know iosefa is mates with a few tigers players, I hope this hasn't played a part in him coming and walking straight into first grade

Illek

Post by Illek » Sat 02 Jun, 2012 11:36 pm

I thought politini's service was great in his cameo, had nice crisp passes, and the sharing of the duty with humble worked brilliantly. I honestly hope this was a Tim sheens 'let's give him a chance to compare before he is needed for 60+ mins next week', and go with the better option. Humble I feel is the best option with politini backing up, especially as they have trained more with the team, but iosefa may prove me wrong.

sunshine coast tiger

Post by sunshine coast tiger » Sat 02 Jun, 2012 11:45 pm

Illek wrote:I thought politini's service was great in his cameo, had nice crisp passes, and the sharing of the duty with humble worked brilliantly. I honestly hope this was a Tim sheens 'let's give him a chance to compare before he is needed for 60+ mins next week', and go with the better option. Humble I feel is the best option with politini backing up, especially as they have trained more with the team, but iosefa may prove me wrong.
Agree 100%. In my view Politini is a far far better #9 than Iosefa.

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sun 03 Jun, 2012 12:26 am

Iosefa has been at the club for a weeks and a half and you expect him to fire on all cylinders straight up . Hr has also been playing halfback in Bundy,give him time to get to know the plays and his team mates .

Centaur

Post by Centaur » Sun 03 Jun, 2012 2:06 am

If we weren't spanking the Raiders - he probably wouldn't have got any game time.

He has actually been playing number 7 for Windsor Wolves - so he is definitely going to be considered a 'utility' by Sheens.

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Sun 03 Jun, 2012 8:52 am

Hard to judge his performance as he came on at a time when the game was already in the bag, but from what I saw, I was impressed.

A good indicator of where he is at will be how he goes in the game against Melbourne next Friday. Robbie F will be out for SOO, so either him or Tommy Humble will start at hooker, one off the bench, allowing both to get quality game time.

The depth we have in the club ATM is sensational. The problem is though, we have blokes off the contract at the end of the year who deserve to be playing FG and may just not crack the 17 thus they may have to look elsewhere.
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 03 Jun, 2012 8:57 am

1/4 chicken,chips wrote:Iosefa has been at the club for a weeks and a half and you expect him to fire on all cylinders straight up . Hr has also been playing halfback in Bundy,give him time to get to know the plays and his team mates .
Hmmm yeh some people make excuses for half a season for Blair yet Oseffa get 15 mins and hes no good.
Jeez give him a chance

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sun 03 Jun, 2012 9:15 am

Rare that I will say this but masterstroke by Sheens putting him on the bench.

Tim has made his decision that Masada will be our Origin fill in at hooker so to give him some decent game time when we are on top to get to know the structure with a "in game" situation will only serve he and the team well.

There was no point putting Pat or Tom there because they both know the structure and Masada can play a bit of halves or backrow if needed

smoking gun

Post by smoking gun » Sun 03 Jun, 2012 9:45 am

Humble and iosefa will both be in the team next week. Humble will be starting at hooker.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sun 03 Jun, 2012 11:31 am

slacko wrote:I would rather we give the 20 minutes to a junior.

Posted using Roar FEED 2012

Slako. Do you like anyone in the team?

First game for the club and would hardly have known the players names let alone how they play. As I stated elsewhere, he is twice as big and twice as experienced as Politini. Give him a go. He looks the goods.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 03 Jun, 2012 11:55 am

I must be an exception. Thought he went well and gave simple, clean service. I see him as a very handy bench player.

As far as service go, I rank our hookers as follows:

1. Politini (very clean, quick distributor).
2. Iosefa
3. Farah (other facets of his game more than make up for poor service at times)
4. Humble

tigermaniac

Post by tigermaniac » Sun 03 Jun, 2012 3:17 pm

When you have Robbie Farah, all other hookers will look second rate.

tigermaniac

Post by tigermaniac » Sun 03 Jun, 2012 3:20 pm

southerntiger wrote:I must be an exception. Thought he went well and gave simple, clean service. I see him as a very handy bench player.

As far as service go, I rank our hookers as follows:

1. Politini (very clean, quick distributor).
2. Iosefa
3. Farah (other facets of his game more than make up for poor service at times)
4. Humble
What would be our strongest team in your opinion?

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 03 Jun, 2012 5:02 pm

I don't know how anyone can say his service was good when THREE of his passes from dummy half hit the ground.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 03 Jun, 2012 5:21 pm

Hybrid, i missed that. I recall one that went to ground and we scored off. I will have to watch the game again.

What I did see was a hooker who passed without taking a few steps. i love Robbie and he is my first choice 9 but sometimes he places pressure on our boys by taking steps out of dummy half when it isnt on. Robbie's passing can also be a bit wayward at times, particularly when we are close to the other teams line.

In answer to tigermaniac, my side would be:

1. Moltz
2. Ryan
3. Sironen
4. Lawrence
5. Tuqiri
6. Marshall
7. Miller
8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Keith
11.Blair
12. Fulton
13. Bell

14. Ioesfa (can cover hooker and backrow)
15. BMM
16. Moors
17. Ayshford

I am a big fan of Millers so would love to see him get a go. That isnt going to happen and it is clear that Sheensy is working to have Benji and Siro has the medium term halves partnership. I am okay with that.