Our best performance ever?

ImageImageImage
smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Our best performance ever?

Post by smeghead » Sun 03 Jun, 2012 9:19 am

Had a game plan, stuck to the game plan and played structured, controlled football that suited the conditions.

tigertales

Post by tigertales » Sun 03 Jun, 2012 10:03 am

It was a top win, one of our best for sure but really Canberra were dreadful, I dont think Ive seen a team play so poorly in a long time.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 03 Jun, 2012 10:49 am

I wasn't worried about the wet weather at all as the team have been playing safe and controlled footy for all ofthe winning streak! It was satisfying seeing Benji playing mature footy and the rest following and Farah has stepped up this year as well ..I only hope this will continue in the pressure games in the finals .

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sun 03 Jun, 2012 11:15 am

smeghead wrote:Had a game plan, stuck to the game plan and played structured, controlled football that suited the conditions.

Exactly Smeg. That was one of the reasons that Canberra played poorly. Up in the face defence, especially from Benji, put them off their game.

There is an old saying "you can only play as well as the other side lets you".

Not enough credit given to the WT's side. Put Canberra under pressure in every set of 6 with great field position and great pressure in defence and attack.

Took the bombs very well considering the conditions (including Moltzen who played quite well). Completed their sets and generally were far and away the better side.

Excellent performance.

PS. The replacement hooker played very well when he came on. Twice the size of Politini and looked ok.

one-eyed-tiger

Post by one-eyed-tiger » Sun 03 Jun, 2012 1:48 pm

Yes. Best performance since 2006. Benji's most dominant and consistent game in his career. All good, and we're not done yet!

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

underdog

Post by underdog » Sun 03 Jun, 2012 2:02 pm

Canberra played badly, because we gave them no choice - this is nothing new... This has been happening for easily the last couple of years.

People I have spoken to about this phenomenon made excuses for years when we won games saying stuff like - "XYZ Team had an off day against your mob, wait till they play MY team!"

Invariably when we beat that team the excuse is the same - "Oh, my team played bad, it's not as if the Tigers actually played well.

Well, news flash haters - The Tigers win games by frustrating and stymieing their opposition, and punctuate it with moments of Flair - not the other way around.

Good metres, staunch defense, and most importantly we controlled the game from opening kick off through to the last play. That kind of play will beat any team in the comp.

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sun 03 Jun, 2012 2:15 pm

so far best performance of this season.
need to continue playing this style, and progress toward ensuring a finals berth at least.

get to the finals, with a top 4 position.
then take it from there.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Sun 03 Jun, 2012 2:24 pm

underdog wrote:Canberra played badly, because we gave them no choice - this is nothing new... This has been happening for easily the last couple of years.

People I have spoken to about this phenomenon made excuses for years when we won games saying stuff like - "XYZ Team had an off day against your mob, wait till they play MY team!"

Invariably when we beat that team the excuse is the same - "Oh, my team played bad, it's not as if the Tigers actually played well.

Well, news flash haters - The Tigers win games by frustrating and stymieing their opposition, and punctuate it with moments of Flair - not the other way around.

Good metres, staunch defense, and most importantly we controlled the game from opening kick off through to the last play. That kind of play will beat any team in the comp.
x2

With the game like that we can be confident against anyone.
It feels good knowing that we can still improve, eg. Lawrence, Tuqiri, Blair, Ellis, Ayshford.

:sign:

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Sun 03 Jun, 2012 3:08 pm

citizen cub wrote:It was the most 'complete' performance I've seen from a Tigers team in quite some while. Completions were terrific in the rain, 'go foward' was great, general play kicking was great, defence was good and attack looked promising. We've all ticked these boxes at different times, but I struggle to recall us doing them all in the same game.
Great assessment, I agree it was a professional and clinical performance.

hellman

Post by hellman » Sun 03 Jun, 2012 4:39 pm

It has been mentioned on here but the conditions were terrible. To put in that performance against a team who have a good forward pack and some very good backs in those conditions was special.

Canberra were pretty ordinary but we were really good.