The wrestle & a rookie rake

ImageImageImage
innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

The wrestle & a rookie rake

Post by innsaneink » Thu 07 Jun, 2012 5:16 pm

We will need to win the ruck tomorrow night before anything else imo.
Melbournes line speed and wrestle, along with humble at dummy half could be a concern.

Who are the refs?

Their starting pack is still impressive, however their bench looks weak & green....the period before and after halftime could see the game won or lost....will be interesting to see if Sheens is consistent with the bench/front row

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 07 Jun, 2012 5:21 pm

innsaneink wrote:We will need to win the ruck tomorrow night before anything else imo.
Melbournes line speed and wrestle, along with humble at dummy half could be a concern.

Who are the refs?

Their starting pack is still impressive, however their bench looks weak & green....the period before and after halftime could see the game won or lost....will be interesting to see if Sheens is consistent with the bench/front row
Hometown Hayne and Sutton Ink

Yes you are right Win the ruck and an 80% completion rate would be very good

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Thu 07 Jun, 2012 5:31 pm

Match Officials: Referees – Shayne Hayne & Gerard Sutton; Sideline Officials – Jeff Younis & Adam Reid; Video Referee – Russell Smith.
with the big 3, their attack will suffer, but their defense wont particularly suffer. and when they say melbourne play a more structured game, i interpret it as their defense is very structured. their attack seems with a lot of intuition imo.

no team ever wins the ruck against melbourne imo, so for me, i think you just gotta make every opportunity (through penalties or a line break) in their 20 count.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Flippedy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Flippedy » Thu 07 Jun, 2012 5:42 pm

happy tiger wrote:
innsaneink wrote:We will need to win the ruck tomorrow night before anything else imo.

Who are the refs?

Hometown Hayne and Sutton Ink

Yes you are right Win the ruck and an 80% completion rate would be very good
Oh God, I thought that read Hayne and Suttor for a moment then! Nearly had a heart attack, we would be no chance with those guys together. Whoever it is I just hope they referee both teams and not let Melbourne lay all over us for long periods. It happened in the Warriors game and I was fuming that they just kept letting them get away with it. Of course, when we were too slow to get off a tackled player they found the pea in the whistle very quickly!
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Mistadobalina

Post by Mistadobalina » Fri 08 Jun, 2012 7:26 pm

I'm disappointed Politoni isn't getting a run. From the 20 minutes I saw of him he seemed really confident in dummy-half, and people always rave about his speed. Dunno why we bothered with Iosefa.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by innsaneink » Fri 08 Jun, 2012 9:39 pm

....the period before and after halftime could see the game won or lost...
2-2 at 40 minute mark
10-2.. 45 minute mark

Demonborger

Post by Demonborger » Fri 08 Jun, 2012 9:50 pm

Iosefa was horrible at hooker.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by innsaneink » Fri 08 Jun, 2012 9:52 pm

Hmmm yeh he doesnt do much for me...Humble looked better I think.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 08 Jun, 2012 9:54 pm

Iosefa made some ordinary decisions late. Putting in an average kick on the 4th, then for god knows what reason kicking it 20 m sideways into touch on full time when it was only the third tackle

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Fri 08 Jun, 2012 9:58 pm

I think both Iosefa and Humble are poor hookers.

Is it that hard to pass a crisp, accurate ball from dummy half? Obviously it just be because the service tonight was dreadful.

Politoni looks far better than both of them.

Alf Duguid

Post by Alf Duguid » Fri 08 Jun, 2012 10:05 pm

They are fill ins. They did what they had to do. No big deal

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Fri 08 Jun, 2012 10:08 pm

tig_prmz wrote:
Match Officials: Referees – Shayne Hayne & Gerard Sutton; Sideline Officials – Jeff Younis & Adam Reid; Video Referee – Russell Smith.
with the big 3, their attack will suffer, but their defense wont particularly suffer. and when they say melbourne play a more structured game, i interpret it as their defense is very structured. their attack seems with a lot of intuition imo.

no team ever wins the ruck against melbourne imo, so for me, i think you just gotta make every opportunity (through penalties or a line break) in their 20 count.
cannot believe how much wrestling and slowing down the PTB they got away with. it is a bloody disgrace.

also, widdop, constantly tried to grab the arm of the defender to milk a penalty. once ref fell for it, twice they didnt. the whole team is full of dirty grub and cheats. hate them soo much, even more than the bulldogs now.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Liddy

Post by Liddy » Fri 08 Jun, 2012 10:10 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Iosefa made some ordinary decisions late. Putting in an average kick on the 4th, then for god knows what reason kicking it 20 m sideways into touch on full time when it was only the third tackle
I'd rather him kick it out on fulltime than lose it and give the opposition a chance to score.

He could have run it backwards over the dead ball line if he wanted to....wouldn't have bothered me.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by innsaneink » Fri 08 Jun, 2012 10:18 pm

I'd say taking the tackle a safer otpion than kicking it and risking it coming off the side of the boot ala Carney MNF effort going backwards 40m

Black Orange White

Post by Black Orange White » Fri 08 Jun, 2012 10:25 pm

Iosefa was horrible. If we release him now I wouldn't bat an eyelid. Politini is much better than him.

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Fri 08 Jun, 2012 10:29 pm

IMHO, Iosefa had a solid game, had a few good runs, good kicking game and was very good in defence.

Go Tigers

Jazza

Post by Jazza » Fri 08 Jun, 2012 10:33 pm

I thought he had some good moments but the let downs were a couple of penalties and that 4th tackle kick.

To me it seemed like he was trying too hard tonight, which is understandable considering he will only have limited opportunities this season.
Gee its grouse at hardware house!

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Fri 08 Jun, 2012 10:34 pm

Alf Duguid wrote:They are fill ins. They did what they had to do. No big deal

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Very big deal. Service from funny half is crucial and needs to be better.