Player and team stats

ImageImageImage
tigermac88

Re: Player and team stats

Post by tigermac88 » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 8:50 am

Yossarian wrote:
Goose wrote:
tigermac88 wrote:Iosefa didn't contribute much at all IMO surely polotini could've done just as well if not better

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
he made 37 tackles, and a couple strong runs, a few silly penalties and the silly kick at the end were the negatives, but he contributed strongly i thought.
Yep me too. He seems to have a very high bar set though. His stats make pretty nice reading.
Sometimes stats paint a different picture of the game all I'm trying to say is that we've bought iosefa mid season, I can only presume to backup Robbie Farah when I think polotini could have done just as good a job.... Sometimes our recruitment leaves me scratching my head

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

sjtiger

Post by sjtiger » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 9:02 am

Regardless I saw a player who is new to the team having a red hot go out on the field.
That in itself I believe is a positive, as like with Utai he will improve with time with this squad.
He certainly adds spark around the ruck and at least we have depth in a vital position now.

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 9:42 am

Another powerhouse effort by Woods!

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 9:45 am

Lawrences overly eager up and in almost cost us a few times last night. He is getting worse than Eric Grothe Jnr in that it is so predictable. It should be a tactic used sparingly eg: Lote cutting that guy in half last night

badger

Post by badger » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 10:52 am

Any word on Fultons injury. We cant afford to loose him for too long.

Staks

Post by Staks » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 11:03 am

Woods is a machine! His workrate is phenomenal !! Amazed at the rapid improvement to his game this season! Still young and will only get better with age!
Wests Tigers -- YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE -- Wests since 1908

Wests - the only team name to feature in every NSWRL/ARL/NRL season since 1908

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 12:52 pm

damn... 351 tackles made, 35 missed tackles. we missed at least one tackle every 2 sets.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 2:53 pm

smeghead wrote:Lawrences overly eager up and in almost cost us a few times last night. He is getting worse than Eric Grothe Jnr in that it is so predictable. It should be a tactic used sparingly eg: Lote cutting that guy in half last night
I'm more concerned about Rowdy's speed... I don't know enough about his injury last year, but will we ever see Chris with his Afterburners on again??? :(
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 3:27 pm

badger wrote:Any word on Fultons injury. We cant afford to loose him for too long.
I don't know but our defence lost shape and potency as soon as he went off. We miss him terribly when he's not there.
Just because it's soap doesn't mean it's clean.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 4:00 pm

I found the under utilisation of Bell & BMM very odd last night. Especially Bell. Fults was clearly buggered at one point and came up with a bad miss, a small spell earlier in the game for Bell who is also a great defender seemed the best option from the cheap seats.

Still hopefully Fulton is ok, hard call to risk a rib injury against the big Easts forwards next Sunday but a long turnaround will help

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 6:10 pm

Game at fortress Leichhardt - Yeah!!!! Rest him I say

willow

Post by willow » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 9:01 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
badger wrote:Any word on Fultons injury. We cant afford to loose him for too long.
I don't know but our defence lost shape and potency as soon as he went off. We miss him terribly when he's not there.
Fulton has a rib injury and needed an x-ray which I assume would have taken place today.

Paris Cobbs

Post by Paris Cobbs » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 9:40 pm

willow wrote:
Paris Cobbs wrote:Thanks Willow, I didn't get to see the game at all. Sounds like Rowdy's best game in a while - is this a valid comment?
Rowdy was solid. Still not at his best, but he's improving slowly.
Thanks, I was hoping for better news. Improvement is encouraging though I suppose.
Cheering for the mighty Wests Tigers, all the way from France.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 9:59 pm

willow wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Fulton has a rib injury and needed an x-ray which I assume would have taken place today.
And to see how much pain he was in and how easily the injury occurred you would suspect it was a rib cartialage injury

senexx

Post by senexx » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 10:26 pm

On Lawrence I haven't seen him have a red hot go all year - just lumbering along doing his job and nothing else. Not a standout in any respect. Having said that, I have no complaints.

Certainly not single-handedly but nuggety Utai has been saving our bacon quite a bit.

I'm not in a tipping comp this year but at this stage I'm tipping a loss against the roosters due to what I suspect will be our injuries as we were all starting to fall down in the wet late in the game and I suspect there are some injuries to come out of that as of yet.
Courage in my Blood
And Stripes across My Heart
- senex tigris

Lisa

Post by Lisa » Sun 10 Jun, 2012 3:32 pm

Lawrence definately slower..and passed the ball too early a few times...if he held it longer would have had trys on offer
Bull