Humble v Masada

ImageImageImage
Diver

Re: Humble v Masada

Post by Diver » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 12:39 am

Ive tried to 'like' Iosefa, but I'm not feeling it. I think Humble does an all round better job.

I'm still baffled to why the tigers needed to sign Iosefa, which I thought was known to be a grub after what he was charged for a few years ago? Correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm not 100% sure.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 12:49 am

Diver wrote:Ive tried to 'like' Iosefa, but I'm not feeling it. I think Humble does an all round better job.

I'm still baffled to why the tigers needed to sign Iosefa, which I thought was known to be a grub after what he was charged for a few years ago? Correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm not 100% sure.

Was involved in a stink at the Fiddler a year or two ago.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 1:23 am

dont know anything of iosefas past but i will only judge him as a rugby leagues player, and from what i have seen, he seems to me to be simply a dummy half who gets to dummy half every ptb. no spark (he is new), but then no mistakes. decent enough backup.

personally, i think humble has done very well all year in any position he has been plonked in. i like him. dunno.... i just like him. he looks to me like another guy who just isnt getting the game time he warrants... like junior moors. what has he ever done wrong? sure BMM is great, but imo you should only lose your spot if you should...

oh, HUMBLE

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 6:03 am

Not sure to be honest, I think Humble suits our style of play better, but some of his passes out of dummy half in the game, oh boy.

Masada went alright, but that last kick in the dying seconds...........just run it out next time thanks, it was only the 3rd tackle.

Brisbane Tiger

Post by Brisbane Tiger » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 6:47 am

I thought Masada was our worst on field!

Wrong plays in attack, was called offside all night (lucky not to be penalised more) stupid inside passes for 2m gains out of our end, stupid kicks, went the short side and kicked for himself when we were stacked to the right and Benji calling the ball, kicks the ball out with 2 seconds on the clock (we were lucky the ref called the game off and didn't give the storm one more play) and not feeding Benji quality ball hardly at all.

Hook the brain dead fool.

Humble or Fulton are better.
Glad we get Robbie back as he is in sizzling form.

Diver

Post by Diver » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 7:10 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Diver wrote:Ive tried to 'like' Iosefa, but I'm not feeling it. I think Humble does an all round better job.

Was involved in a stink at the Fiddler a year or two ago.
Yeh but wasn't the stink where he punched a chick in the face?

BeeJay

Post by BeeJay » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 7:20 am

Humble for mine. He's quicker off the mark and has a better kicking game.
Needs to wotk on his short passing game, bit masada is no better in this area.
Humble seems to suit the game plan of the Tigers, where masada seems to be running around trying to fit in.

Masada needs to learn to count to 5, kicked too early with a woeful kick and gave away easy meters.

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 7:56 am

regardless of who we prefer, i am glad that we have a choice of capable options to fill in for robbie when he is called for rep duties.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

slacko

Post by slacko » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 8:05 am

I preferred humble. Iosefa was offside an awful lot in defense.

eternal optimist.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 8:11 am

Brisbane Tiger wrote:I thought Masada was our worst on field!

Wrong plays in attack, was called offside all night (lucky not to be penalised more) stupid inside passes for 2m gains out of our end, stupid kicks, went the short side and kicked for himself when we were stacked to the right and Benji calling the ball, kicks the ball out with 2 seconds on the clock (we were lucky the ref called the game off and didn't give the storm one more play) and not feeding Benji quality ball hardly at all.

Hook the brain dead fool.

Humble or Fulton are better.
Glad we get Robbie back as he is in sizzling form.

Humble ran out of the line to try and put a big shoulder charge on someone near the end of the game when it wasn't needed. Everyone is capable of poor decisions especially when they get tired. Personally I think you're being very hard on Masada. He did make 36 tackles and the tactic of passing to someone inside his hardly his invention.

He hasn't played much NRL so he's struggling with the pace but he wasn't the walking talking disaster you make him out to be!

Post by 2041 » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 8:16 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:They are both poor options at hooker.

We need someone to provide quality, quick ball to our play makers.

Humble threw at least three forward passes in the first half (only one was picked up) and Iosefa isn't much better.
We have got that person: he's called Robbie Farah. We're talking about a backup to an 80 minute player here - what do you expect, Cameron Smith?

georgebeema

Post by georgebeema » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 8:17 am

Whilst I admired masada's confidence, he gave away 2 penalties at crucial times last night. We have been super disciplined the last few weeks and that's been a major part of our success. Also, humbles line speed is really good so seeing as Robbie will be back, I would hope that the bench spot goes to Tommy.

tigerz2012

Post by tigerz2012 » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 8:35 am

willow wrote:Masada is alright, but took a couple of wrong options in attack, particularly with attacking kicks which weren't really on. He got through plenty of defence though, but lacks Farah's organisational skills. Humble looks a little more skillful, but doesn't make the same sort of metres out of dummyhalf as Masada.

I still think Politoni should be given a go.
Agree ! Give Pat a go .

tigerdre

Post by tigerdre » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 8:49 am

I think Iosefa is more aggressive & Hits harder in defense & probably plays a more traditional hookers role.Whilst Humble is more creative & trys to put some xfactor into his game.Mix the two together & you get Robbie Farah
I think they are the perfect solution whilst Farah is away & I thought Sheens used them correctly & bought them on at the right times

sjtiger

Post by sjtiger » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 9:07 am

2041 wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:They are both poor options at hooker.

We need someone to provide quality, quick ball to our play makers.

Humble threw at least three forward passes in the first half (only one was picked up) and Iosefa isn't much better.
We have got that person: he's called Robbie Farah. We're talking about a backup to an 80 minute player here - what do you expect, Cameron Smith?
Perfectly summed up 2041

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 9:44 am

Ioseffa will get better the more game time he gets.

You could tell his lack of match fitness last night. Geez the reffs loved singling him out all you heard out of the suntan supermans mouth most of the night was talking to Masada and Woodsy.

andrew 474

Post by andrew 474 » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 9:52 am

both played ok , give the new guy 4 / 6 weeks and then he will be a damaging player of the bench , remember blair was average first up , now he is going pretty good , time is all he needs

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 11:21 am

Humbles been here all season and im still waiting to see the quality people like wally lewis arer talking about him .Whats his real position ? iosefa has been here for 2 weeks and ive seen more from him in patches,neither rank near Robbie and thats probably what were expecting to see.