Lote

ImageImageImage
tw33k

Lote

Post by tw33k » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 9:25 am

I think this should be his last season. We need a winger with good speed who can make the most of our opportunities. Last night, I think it was about halfway thru the first half we make a break out wide and I thought for sure Lote would score but he was run down easily. A good, quick winger would have scored and that's what we need. Don't get me wrong, I think Lote is great but he's just too old and should bow out with dignity

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 9:31 am

Unfortunately like the rest of our backline Lote has appeared to have lost a few metres in pace - I believe with this lack of pace on the inside backs we have to have two fast wingers to compensate - Lote is not one of them.

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 9:37 am

Played a good game last night tho. I thought one of his best for the season. Defensive setting much better.

willow

Post by willow » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 9:38 am

The bloke who caught him is no slouch. But I do agree in general, I'd like to see Koroibete and Nofoaluma get a go next year.

andrew 474

Post by andrew 474 » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 9:42 am

yep a great player , but his time may be up by next season , we cant keep holding young players back if they have the talent , Sirro is the perfect example , this kid will be ripe come semi time , other teams now will have to watch robbie, benji , sirro , humble , then anasta comes in next season , wow

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 10:09 am

Love having Lote there for the presence he brings but like so many of our backline at the moment he's far more like a backrower than a back.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

Goose

Post by Goose » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 10:29 am

tw33k wrote:I think this should be his last season. We need a winger with good speed who can make the most of our opportunities. Last night, I think it was about halfway thru the first half we make a break out wide and I thought for sure Lote would score but he was run down easily. A good, quick winger would have scored and that's what we need. Don't get me wrong, I think Lote is great but he's just too old and should bow out with dignity
I agree to an extent, but it should be noted that Lawrence didn't do him any favours with the pass, it was low and slowed lote up for half a pace, which made all the difference

sunshine coast tiger

Post by sunshine coast tiger » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 11:04 am

willow wrote:The bloke who caught him is no slouch. But I do agree in general, I'd like to see Koroibete and Nofoaluma get a go next year.
Still have a feeling than an injury to any winger will see Koroibete in NRL this year. Once he makes his debut he will be in the team for good. I have watched a lot of football in my time and this young winger is one of the best prospects I have seen. Nofouluma will be good as well but for mine Koroibete will play for NSW and Australia.

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 11:09 am

Goose wrote:
tw33k wrote:I think this should be his last season. We need a winger with good speed who can make the most of our opportunities. Last night, I think it was about halfway thru the first half we make a break out wide and I thought for sure Lote would score but he was run down easily. A good, quick winger would have scored and that's what we need. Don't get me wrong, I think Lote is great but he's just too old and should bow out with dignity
I agree to an extent, but it should be noted that Lawrence didn't do him any favours with the pass, it was low and slowed lote up for half a pace, which made all the difference
X2

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Brisbane Tiger

Post by Brisbane Tiger » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 11:16 am

Lawrences service last night was very ordinary, passing early to Lote and not quality passes.
Don't know what is going on with Chris.
Lote went well last night, he was run down by the Ferrari but i feel he would of made it if the pass was on his chest.

Muffstar

Post by Muffstar » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 11:24 am

I think it is because Lawrence can't or won't stretch out due to his hammy, and the passes he gave were a bit loopy to Lote.

aajlewis

Post by aajlewis » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 12:00 pm

Brisbane Tiger wrote:Lawrences service last night was very ordinary, passing early to Lote and not quality passes.
Don't know what is going on with Chris.
Lote went well last night, he was run down by the Ferrari but i feel he would of made it if the pass was on his chest.
Agreed, every time he passed the ball way to early and didn't engage defenders.
It's such a shame to see ayshford And Lawrence who were playing so brilliantly last year come back so out of form

Jazza

Post by Jazza » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 6:29 pm

Yeah you could see when Lote caught the ball, he had to slow down which caused him to even stumble a little bit. Lote's pace doesn't worry me, it's his handling if anything that worries me.
Gee its grouse at hardware house!

swisstiger

Post by swisstiger » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 8:46 pm

I agree to an extent, but it should be noted that Lawrence didn't do him any favours with the pass, it was low and slowed lote up for half a pace, which made all the difference[/quote]

This....

willow

Post by willow » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 8:57 pm

I'd be interested to hear Tiger99's thoughts on Lawrence in regards to his speed. 2 years ago Lawrence would have dropped the hammer and backed himself when put into the clear like he was last night. Now he's looking for every opportunity to pass the ball rather than back himself.

Are his hamstrings ok at the moment, or is it the remnants of the hip dislocation?

keods

Post by keods » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 9:07 pm

to be honest Lote, Lawrence & Ayshford have all lost it

senexx

Post by senexx » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 10:33 pm

willow wrote:I'd be interested to hear Tiger99's thoughts on Lawrence in regards to his speed. 2 years ago Lawrence would have dropped the hammer and backed himself when put into the clear like he was last night. Now he's looking for every opportunity to pass the ball rather than back himself.

Are his hamstrings ok at the moment, or is it the remnants of the hip dislocation?
I just said something on another thread about calling Lawrence ordinary.
I also wonder though whether he is just following instruction
Courage in my Blood
And Stripes across My Heart
- senex tigris

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 10 Jun, 2012 7:54 am

keods wrote:to be honest Lote, Lawrence & Ayshford have all lost it
x2