Fulton's Effort

ImageImageImage
hellman

Re: Fulton's Effort

Post by hellman » Sun 10 Jun, 2012 10:38 am

happy tiger wrote:I wonder how many are ready to admit they owe Liam a big apology

Many were writing him off and wanted him gone
Its not that simple. I could always see his worth however we often suffered from a lack of go forward and this is the worse part of his game. Against Melbourne he made 53 metres in attack. Those metres are simply not good enough if your pack is struggling with go forward.

At the moment we have a great set of props and two wingers (especially Utai) who get us going forward from the start of our sets. This means that Fulton's weakness is not really a big issue and his positives are pretty obvious.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sun 10 Jun, 2012 10:41 am

Liam Fulton in career best form all of 2012.... Glad he's on our team... As a matter of fact our forwards last 6 weeks have been awesome... Can't wait for Ellis to return!

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 10 Jun, 2012 10:53 am

hellman wrote:
happy tiger wrote:I wonder how many are ready to admit they owe Liam a big apology

Many were writing him off and wanted him gone
Its not that simple. I could always see his worth however we often suffered from a lack of go forward and this is the worse part of his game. Against Melbourne he made 53 metres in attack. Those metres are simply not good enough if your pack is struggling with go forward.

At the moment we have a great set of props and two wingers (especially Utai) who get us going forward from the start of our sets. This means that Fulton's weakness is not really a big issue and his positives are pretty obvious.
Hellman the bloke makes 40 + plus tackles each week You need a player like that at every club We have a heap of other blokes to make the big yards

That isn't his go . You need a mixture of players to make a great side He is one of them

derailed

Post by derailed » Sun 10 Jun, 2012 11:27 am

Problem is we have a lot of players not making big metres and leaving it all up to woods and sauce

Fulton, Heighington, Blair are all making small metres and little impact in attack.

We really need Ellis back to add some strach to our back row.

Fulton is playing well and we need his defence but someone is going to miss out when everyone is on deck and unfortunately Fultons name is in that mix along with Rhino and Bell for mine.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 10 Jun, 2012 12:14 pm

derailed wrote:Problem is we have a lot of players not making big metres and leaving it all up to woods and sauce

Fulton, Heighington, Blair are all making small metres and little impact in attack.

Fulton is playing well and we need his defence but someone is going to miss out when everyone is on deck and unfortunately Fultons name is in that mix along with Rhino and Bell for mine.
A more even use of the bench would help this supposed problem.
But I dont think its a problem.
All players have their specific roles

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 10 Jun, 2012 1:00 pm

Fulton>Buhrer by a mile.

Lisa

Post by Lisa » Sun 10 Jun, 2012 3:15 pm

Fulton's work rate has always been solid and for almost half the salary as some...he is good value!
Bull

hellman

Post by hellman » Sun 10 Jun, 2012 3:29 pm

happy tiger wrote:Hellman the bloke makes 40 + plus tackles each week You need a player like that at every club We have a heap of other blokes to make the big yards

That isn't his go. You need a mixture of players to make a great side He is one of them
I don't know if you have read my other posts regarding Fulton. I really like him as a player. It is just that he needs to be carried in one of the key components of being an NRL forward and that is getting good go forward.

If you have a team that is struggling getting out of their own half he isn't the player you need. If you need to tighten up defensively or make a bust out wide he is a great option.

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Sun 10 Jun, 2012 6:38 pm

derailed wrote:Problem is we have a lot of players not making big metres and leaving it all up to woods and sauce

Yeah, I've had a look at the metre counts of late and Fulton's name hasn't been up there which has suprised me. He's certainly looked better than what the stats may suggest.

I don't know what on earth Sheens has instructed Blair to do. At Melbourne, he built his reputation on promoting second phase play, that's yet to be seen thus far this year.

Heighington does promote second phase play, but it's not performed at a speed which can trouble opposition defence lines. How Sheens rates him ahead of Bell, defies logic.
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

Chris

Post by Chris » Mon 11 Jun, 2012 1:44 am

innsaneink wrote:
Chris wrote:What some won't know is that when the media were talking up Buhrer as a bolter for origin, Tim was pushing Fults' name behind the scenes......definitely wouldn't let anyone down in any NSW team

Wonder why he didnt come out publicly about it like he did with Farah, Woods & Kilo
You try and work out why Tim does what he does :?

redemption

Post by redemption » Mon 11 Jun, 2012 2:19 am

citizen cub wrote:

Yeah, I've had a look at the metre counts of late and Fulton's name hasn't been up there which has suprised me. He's certainly looked better than what the stats may suggest.

I don't know what on earth Sheens has instructed Blair to do. At Melbourne, he built his reputation on promoting second phase play, that's yet to be seen thus far this year.

Heighington does promote second phase play, but it's not performed at a speed which can trouble opposition defence lines. How Sheens rates him ahead of Bell, defies logic.
Look at their comparative stats genius!!

Bell NEVER offloads or promotes the ball - and averages 25-30m (even when he's played long minutes)!!

Heighno supports the ball carrier, has more offloads than anyone else on average, makes an average 100m+ per game despite doing alot of the s**t work when the props and wingers are not there, and he makes an average of 25+ tackles per game.

No wonder Sterlo rates him - and yet an apparent mega-brain like yourself doesn't!!

On that note - please provide the alleged "logic" you refer to above by way of rebuttal.

900large

Post by 900large » Mon 11 Jun, 2012 2:30 am

redemption wrote:
citizen cub wrote:

Look at their comparative stats genius!!

Bell NEVER offloads or promotes the ball - and averages 25-30m (even when he's played long minutes)!!

Heighno supports the ball carrier, has more offloads than anyone else on average, makes an average 100m+ per game despite doing alot of the s**t work when the props and wingers are not there, and he makes an average of 25+ tackles per game.

No wonder Sterlo rates him - and yet an apparent mega-brain like yourself doesn't!!

On that note - please provide the alleged "logic" you refer to above by way of rebuttal.
Haha redemption im starting to love your posts!! That's 2 from 2. Cudos to you!!