How bad has Blair got to play to be dropped?

ImageImageImage
balmainbrett2041

How bad has Blair got to play to be dropped?

Post by balmainbrett2041 » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 5:47 pm

What is going on? He was missing in defense and made errors galore surely we have to give the demotivated guy a big wake up call?

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 5:57 pm

Watching it live i thought he must have been going for a new recored......recordcfor missed tackles that is. He was off today thats for sure. His defence along with Mosadas was a real let down.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

tigerlogic

Post by tigerlogic » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 5:57 pm

balmainbrett2041 wrote:What is going on? He was missing in defense and made errors galore surely we have to give the demotivated guy a big wake up call?

Who do u replace him with genius????
Who is a BETTER option???
Don't say junior moors u need to suggest a first grade player

smoking gun

Post by smoking gun » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 5:58 pm

It was probably his and BMM worst ever games in FG. But they both have been awesomein the last 7 wins so I'd hardly be calling for anyone to dropped. Today was a throw away game. Just need to move on from it

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 6:07 pm

Agree with S Gun, I think without Farah in the middle of the ruck our defensive structure got broken down. Okay Blair had a shocker but he has been going pretty good of late. The chooks were getting quick play the balls and with their big man were causing Havoc up the middle. Farah and Fulton would have made a massive difference not to mention Ellis. Always saw this as a danger game

max power

Post by max power » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 6:08 pm

he did have a bad game but so did alot of the others . Do we drop them too ???? !!!!!

smoking gun

Post by smoking gun » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 6:13 pm

And I will say this sheens can take a bit of responibility to why he didn't have a better forward rotation and left the starters out there when we had 30% of the ball in the first 25 minutes is mind boggling. We had tired defenders against fresh attacking forwards when rooster made 3 changes to our 0. And we did all the defending. Terrible coaching imo

balmainbrett2041

Post by balmainbrett2041 » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 6:15 pm

tigerlogic wrote:
balmainbrett2041 wrote:What is going on? He was missing in defense and made errors galore surely we have to give the demotivated guy a big wake up call?

Who do u replace him with genius????
Who is a BETTER option???
Don't say junior moors u need to suggest a first grade player

I thought we bought a first grade player in Blair. We replace him with a player that has passion for the tigers. We can't carry someone underperforming consistently when they take out so much of our salary cap and have still 3 1/2 years of contract to run. Either motivate him or factor him out. He is a professional I can't go for all that crap that he needs to work his way into our playing style. Ship up or ship out but we are left with the bill - and you are deluding yourselves if you think he has been playing like a $500k signing the last 8 weeks while we were winning !

izotope

Post by izotope » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 6:17 pm

lol has one bad game and calling for his head.

Why did LOTE not dropped earlier then. He had 3 real stinkers in a row.
tigers!

mtd

Post by mtd » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 6:18 pm

so what did you think of lawrence and heighington?
both average as at the moment. drop them too?

tigermaniac

Post by tigermaniac » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 6:18 pm

Wake up to yourself. Its a team sport and these things happen. We win our last 7 and bag someone for the loss.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 6:19 pm

smoking gun wrote:And I will say this sheens can take a bit of responibility to why he didn't have a better forward rotation and left the starters out there when we had 30% of the ball in the first 25 minutes is mind boggling. We had tired defenders against fresh attacking forwards when rooster made 3 changes to our 0. And we did all the defending. Terrible coaching imo
He does this all the time, SG. I've seen some of our forwards really struggling in the last 10 of the first half, while fresh guys sit on the sideline waiting for a call that never comes - it's really annoying and is no doubt the reason why we regularly let tries in in the last few minutes of each half.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

swisstiger

Post by swisstiger » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 6:22 pm

In general the whole side had an off day. Blair just had a worst day than most of the others, but no need to drop him as he has shown over the past 3-4 weeks his value to the team.

IMO, Iosefa was detrimental to the side today. His defence was soft directly leading to at least 1 try and too many times today on attack today he darts out of dummyhalf with little creativity looking to do something himself, doesn't create anything so finally offloads or dies with the ball for a wasted tackle. He made a break today and instead of passing to his support on the right where we would have scored takes the tackle and the chance is gone.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 6:26 pm

Blair wasn't too good today but he wasn't alone in that. Hoping for a better performance next match.

Goose

Post by Goose » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 6:30 pm

Blair had a stinker (except for the first 10 when made a number of good tackle), but he had strung together 4 or 5 games of good quality together before this, dropping him would be an over reaction

Frank the tank

Post by Frank the tank » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 6:31 pm

I thought today would have been a great opportunity for Blair to stand out, show some leadership and have a go. He simply didn't. I'm not sayin he is the reason we lost, not by a long way. But he certainly isn't the player we thought we were buying either. If I was in charge, he would be benched when Ellis returns. And he has until Ellis returns to prove he is worth he price we paid or him. He has been mostly disappointing so far this season.
I'm not a complete idiot.............there are some pieces missing!

milford_magic

Post by milford_magic » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 6:32 pm

Worst game he's had but he has been playing better.

If we are to be any chance of a top 6 or so finish we need Blair in the side. There is a bloke behind him on his last legs who would have to go first

hellman

Post by hellman » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 6:41 pm

He looked good in patches however at other times he was the worst player on the field. His discipline is poor and he isn't a dominant player.