Heighington

ImageImageImage
citizen cub

Heighington

Post by citizen cub » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 6:36 pm

I feel vindicated after seeing him today.... He's not hitting the line with any sort of intensity or vigour, he's an easy target for opposition defence units, he's too slow he's not really kept with the pace of the game at any stage this year, missing tackles he would've made blindfolded a couple of years ago and is hijacking promising attacks moves, especially on that dangerous left edge. It hasn't just been today either, it's a culmination of things that have happened this year.

A great servant of WT, great player in his day and a cult hero for a long time, but I'm afraid he's not up to FG anymore.
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

milford_magic

Post by milford_magic » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 6:39 pm

Not trying to pick on a single player after a loss but couldn't agree more. Its a joke someone like Junior Moors gets 20 minutes while this guy gets 80 with no impact.

Not to mention Benji has now put two tries on a plate for him (VS Cowboys) and today (either he scores or gives it to Lote who scores) and he has bombed both of them.

Goose

Post by Goose » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 6:41 pm

I reckon you are being a little harsh, I think he his not the player he once was, but thought he was very good last week and ok today. I would be for him reducing minutes, but still think he is a valuable member of the team.

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 6:51 pm

Needs to get out of the backline in try scoring situations. Too slow to be outside the halves just stay in the middle and do what forwards do.

LCA

Post by LCA » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 6:55 pm

I agree completely with the original post. Hieghno adds nothing to the attacking quality of the team and his defence, while usually strong, was flimsy today at times. He missed having his mate Liam Fulton to pack hunt with him defensively today. Chrissy is a liability to the prospects of the Tigers. Sad to say, but clear to see today.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 6:59 pm

Heighno will be a permanent fixture in the team. Sheens just has him there. I like however when he offloads the ball, keeps the momentum going. At least he tries to do that.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

hellman

Post by hellman » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 7:16 pm

I thought he was alright today.

The two forwards most too blame were Blair and BMM.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 7:22 pm

I didn't think he was too bad today. Blair turned in a shocker with a couple of dropped balls and penalties given away. Heighno should not be playing 80 minutes though, he and Bell should have a 40/40 split going IMO.

Goose

Post by Goose » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 7:27 pm

willow wrote:I didn't think he was too bad today. Blair turned in a shocker with a couple of dropped balls and penalties given away. Heighno should not be playing 80 minutes though, he and Bell should have a 40/40 split going IMO.
Pretty much my thoughts exactly

Alf Duguid

Post by Alf Duguid » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 7:28 pm

Whenever poor old Heighno gets the ball, our whole attack seems to just stop. A great servant but maybe the writing is on the wall given the backrowers that have been bought for next year

Long Distance Tiger

Post by Long Distance Tiger » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 7:42 pm

Totally agree Alf. Said the same thing to my mate. I love Heigno's loyalty to the Tigers and the fact that he gives his all every week but this year he really offers nothing to the team. Every time we're attacking and he gets the ball the attack stops dead. Never thought I'd say it, but Anasta is my preference for the 13 jersey next year. Now I'll just hide under a rock to avoid the blows aimed at my head by fellow forumers!!

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 8:56 pm

willow wrote:I didn't think he was too bad today. Blair turned in a shocker with a couple of dropped balls and penalties given away. Heighno should not be playing 80 minutes though, he and Bell should have a 40/40 split going IMO.
at 12-4 with about 5 to go on the attack 10 metres out on the second tackle,what was Blair thinking ?
They then put on 12 easy points and the game was over.i\I also agree Heighno has had his day in the top grade,but today Blair was much much worse then Heighno.
As for Junior Moors,i think its time people got over him . He just cannot get back to his junior day form . H e is just a first grader imho.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 9:03 pm

Blair had a shocker.......he gave the stoopidest pass to no one I have ever seen.

Every time there was a clutch play,Blair #@$##%$#%$ it up!!

Paris Cobbs

Post by Paris Cobbs » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 1:20 am

I too thought Heino went OK today. As I understand it, he is coached to run back into the middle of the ruck and set up a quick play the ball for Robbie, and he is doing that. He also has offloads, two today. He used to be a lethal runner close to the line (circa 2005, Semi final) but he seems to have lost that. He looks much bigger than those days, and slower, to me.

Crunch will come when Ellis returns. I think we'll find he's still in the starting 17.
Cheering for the mighty Wests Tigers, all the way from France.

tigerlogic

Post by tigerlogic » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 7:07 am

Paris Cobbs wrote:I too thought Heino went OK today. As I understand it, he is coached to run back into the middle of the ruck and set up a quick play the ball for Robbie, and he is doing that. He also has offloads, two today. He used to be a lethal runner close to the line (circa 2005, Semi final) but he seems to have lost that. He looks much bigger than those days, and slower, to me.

Crunch will come when Ellis returns. I think we'll find he's still in the starting 17.
He is in much better conditioning now than '05, he is much more muscular and heaps quicker, ur right about everything else u said but physically he is heaps better

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 11:04 am

Paris Cobbs wrote:he is coached to run back into the middle of the ruck and set up a quick play the ball for Robbie
This is the issue. Has not worked since 2005.

In any case I thought his last two games have been decent.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 11:13 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:
Paris Cobbs wrote:he is coached to run back into the middle of the ruck and set up a quick play the ball for Robbie
This is the issue. Has not worked since 2005.

In any case I thought his last two games have been decent.
Agree his last two games have been better but he still kills our attack - why the hell is he even standing in the backline?
Also agree Blair had a game he'd like to forget , but overall he (usually) offers a lot more than Heighington at this point in time.
Seriously can't see him being in the 17 when everyone is available - although Sheens may keep him there for the loyalty factor and cut his minutes big time.

Tigerdale

Post by Tigerdale » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 11:16 am

he isn't the player he once was, but still a valuable member of the team.

i don't think he is an 80 minute man anymore, and 2 x 25 minute spells would be better for himself, and the team.