Heighington

ImageImageImage
The Phantom

Re: Heighington

Post by The Phantom » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 1:01 pm

LCA wrote:I agree completely with the original post. Hieghno adds nothing to the attacking quality of the team and his defence, while usually strong, was flimsy today at times. He missed having his mate Liam Fulton to pack hunt with him defensively today. Chrissy is a liability to the prospects of the Tigers. Sad to say, but clear to see today.
My feelings exactly.Chris has been a great WT clubman but unfortunately he is now offering nothing on the field .

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Chadman's Ghost

Post by Chadman's Ghost » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 1:04 pm

I keep reading how Heighington 'isn't 1st grade standard' around here, yet every week his stats continue to disclaim everything written about him.

2nd highest metres gained of any forward yesterday, more offloads than 'genuine 1st graders' like Blair & Galloway, less errors, no more (or less) missed tackles than anyone else.

He's not a flashy guy, and it stands out because of the style of play. I also think he's trying to fill the role of Ellis playing out wide, where in my opinion he isn't suited.

The Storm won a couple of premierships with Dallas Johnson doing pretty much what Heighington does, and the rewarded him with a SOO jersey. We want to ship Heighington off to retirement.

If Elllis, Blair & Fulton were used as the wide runners & Heighington, the bench guys, Woods & Galloway were used to operate the middle of the field, I'm sure Heighington would have a few useful years left in him.

Not prepared to send him off with a gold watch just yet.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 1:22 pm

Sheen's has to move him back into the middle. Let Blair run the outside. He is much faster and has a better passing game. Was very good at this at the Storm.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 2:01 pm

Rhino had a great game against the Storm and was pretty good yesterday. I just dont think he suited to playing that link role on the left edge. He run when he should pass and passes when he should run. He is a quality work horse not a creative link man

Citizen Tiger

Post by Citizen Tiger » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 2:08 pm

His mediocrity with the ball was cruelly exposed yesterday, by bigger, faster and much more aggressive forwards. He's another player that goes into contact upright, looking to free up his arms for an offload, but he lacks the size to be playing that role

Leich-a-tiger

Post by Leich-a-tiger » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 2:55 pm

I really don't think he was that bad yesterday, however I definitely agree that he gets in the way when we're on the attack. Hopefully when Gareth Ellis comes back they'll reconsider his attacking role

Snake

Post by Snake » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 5:58 pm

magpiecol wrote:Sheen's has to move him back into the middle. Let Blair run the outside. He is much faster and has a better passing game. Was very good at this at the Storm.
Blair has to be wider from the ruck,please bring Hieno into the middle of the ruck he is way to far out and hinders the play on almost every play when there, Blair would be a much better attack weapon wider.

bob56

Post by bob56 » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 7:58 pm

Snake wrote:
magpiecol wrote:Sheen's has to move him back into the middle. Let Blair run the outside. He is much faster and has a better passing game. Was very good at this at the Storm.
Blair has to be wider from the ruck,please bring Hieno into the middle of the ruck he is way to far out and hinders the play on almost every play when there, Blair would be a much better attack weapon wider.
Heiny is a better option than Blair tight, but with Ellis & Fulton back Blair will go tight, because he is 'pitiful' playing loose. And their is no way Blair won't start!