Not enough credit to the Roosters

ImageImageImage
Bismark

Not enough credit to the Roosters

Post by Bismark » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 6:46 pm

As a preamble, I think we should've played better today. Our defence was all over the shop and we made some extremely questionable decisions in attack. Iosefa/Humble did not cover the loss of Farah, and the team would have struggling emotionally with the news so close to kickoff.

However, the Rooosters were very impressive. They played positively all day, their forwards continued to bite in attack even from deep within their own half, kick chase was very good and the speed of their play the ball was exceptionally quick.

They haven't played that well since their last minute loss to St George (game of the season thus far and were the better team on the day).

The way I see it, the Roosters won today as opposed to the Tigers losing.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 6:50 pm

Yes they were good today and they knew they needed to be, otherwise it would've been bye, bye season. Apart from the 10 or so minutes when we were making a comeback, the Rooster's defence was very good, especially on the goal line. We attacked it for long periods at different stages, but they kept denying us.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 6:51 pm

Yeah they came to play alright, their best performances in ages. They got us at the right time under unfortunate circumstances.

galea#11

Post by galea#11 » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 6:53 pm

they ran hard and tackled hard full stop well done roosters

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 6:54 pm

their forwards very extremely good. they were amazing and didn't hold anything back.

i for one don't think we were bad at all.. on this season, i would say we were 6/10 minus farah. roosters played one of the best games of the season.... good watch.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 6:55 pm

They were ok Our defence was pretty bad at times

It is extremely hard to play when something happens like what happened with Robbie today

Hard to get your head in the right place

I would back us to beat them next week

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 6:55 pm

They like Leichhardt oval...have won 7 of their last 8 there now.

hellman

Post by hellman » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 6:59 pm

I agree. I thought they were great today.

Paris Cobbs

Post by Paris Cobbs » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 7:40 pm

Yeh, they played well, but

At 0-4 they received a series of piggy-back penalties which resulted in 2 tries. The first penalty seems to have been from a rule-reinterpretation that the refs were playing for the first time this week. Sterling made reference to it. It was seemed to be that Benji thought Blair had been penalised but Heino had. This gave them the lead 12-4 which held for most of the first half.
If either BMM or Reddy had scored when they nearly did we most likely would have gone to the sheds 12-10, not 24-4. A big difference.
Their toe-thru try was nonsense and the result of Morris' try on Wednesday. The hooker knocked it on, it accidently hit his toe. For the last 100 years of Rugby League this has been a knock-on. No try, Tigers ball.

They had a lot of luck in the first half. That's why they won.
Cheering for the mighty Wests Tigers, all the way from France.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 7:42 pm

After watching them steamroll the Tigers in the Foundation Cup at Campbelltown, I'm a bit surprised they're not higher up the ladder. They boast some serious size and strength, although they do get let down in the creativity stakes from time to time. Not today though. They'll improve with Maloney on board next year.

Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 7:48 pm

Credit where it's due. They played well, they played for each other and would've beaten a lot of sides today. Discipline though is a serious issue because they made it pretty hard on themselves at times.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 7:54 pm

Yeah they did Pete, thats a worrying sign for them I'd suspect...the fact that with a good lead they started to implode with very silly penalties and the arguing with the refs certainly didnt help their cause.

That said, their forwards were lethal today. Almost unstoppable at times. They could be the side that comes home with a wet sail at seasons end.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 7:55 pm

I thought the Roosters were awesome.

We threw everything at them and they withstood it.

Im not that upset,when you hit a side that is red hot and you are a bit off,you lose.

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 7:58 pm

For some reason they keep their best for us. I last saw them against the Billdogs a few weeks ago and they were awful.
Why they fire up against us so much I just don't know.

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 8:00 pm

Their offloading and play-the-ball speed was sensational, perhaps even count ourselves lucky to have conceded 40 points, it was relentless. They just stuck to a game plan, didn't panic when it was under threat and took smart options instead of trying low percentage plays as we did at times. Credit where credits due, they were pretty good today.
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

Goose

Post by Goose » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 8:14 pm

innsaneink wrote:They like Leichhardt oval...have won 7 of their last 8 there now.
wow... that is an incredible stat, given how good our record is at Leichhardt, they seem to beat us every where.

Juro

Post by Juro » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 10:03 pm

They certainly played well today.They had their fair share of luck in the first half too and they made the most of it.

I thought we did well to still be in the contest with less than 10 minutes to go.
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

Chadman's Ghost

Post by Chadman's Ghost » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 12:16 am

stryker wrote:Yeah they did Pete, thats a worrying sign for them I'd suspect...the fact that with a good lead they started to implode with very silly penalties and the arguing with the refs certainly didnt help their cause.

That said, their forwards were lethal today. Almost unstoppable at times. They could be the side that comes home with a wet sail at seasons end.

Found it interesting that when the wheels started to fall off for them, you could see Anasta take a bigger role on the field, very vocal, getting his players back into the game. If he brings that with him to the Tigers, we should have less struggles with direction on the field.

I never realised that that Roosters side are so big. Massive men, across the park.