Junior Moors

ImageImageImage
milford_magic

Junior Moors

Post by milford_magic » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 7:02 pm

While the stats will only say he made 30 or so metres, they don't tell the whole story. He is a big mobile runner and he looks good with the ball. I couldn't help but notice how skill full he was in a 5 minute period, throwing great cut out passes, then a few tackles later he had two great touches in the try that Lawrence scored.

Now I'm not saying this guy is a world beater, but there is no way any other NRL Coach would pick either two backs on the bench over him, or play two props for 70 minutes and him for 15. And theres no way certain back rowers should give us 80 minutes of nothing with this guy warming the bench.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 7:03 pm

I prefer pettybourne

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

LCA

Post by LCA » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 7:10 pm

Junior showed passing skills today that I never knew he had. He deserves regular top squat spots.

Centaur

Post by Centaur » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 7:12 pm

His defence is ordinary. He was in no mans land when friend beat Iosefa and put Pearce away.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 7:16 pm

Centaur wrote:His defence is ordinary. He was in no mans land when friend beat Iosefa and put Pearce away.

The team was being steamrolled, all the forwards were on the back foot, what I did like was to have a player on the edge that could throw a pass, Rhino love his passion but he kills so many attacking raids

willow

Post by willow » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 7:37 pm

Centaur wrote:His defence is ordinary. He was in no mans land when friend beat Iosefa and put Pearce away.

This is what I think let's him down at the moment. He doesn't compare to Galloway, Woods and Bell when it comes to defence. BMM is a better defender also. I do like what Moors brings in attack, he can offload and draw some traffic, but if he can improve his defensive workrate, I'm sure he's see more FG time.

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 9:16 pm

Moors should be the first player shown the door next season ,he has offered nothing in the time he has been at the club .He was touted as a big up and comer in his junior days but he has failed to deliver the goods . How many more chances does he need to hit his heights ?

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 9:18 pm

A better runner of the ball than many other of our forwards.

claws

Post by claws » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 9:24 pm

I thought games were won on the back of great defense.

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 9:34 pm

I watch every game ,so now i am trolling for having a different opinion to yours.The guy was touted as the next big thing at Penrith and i really havent seen any of that form whilst he has been at Wests .Id love him to prove me wrong but i really dont think he will ,because his defence isnt up to top grade for starters.

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 9:43 pm

milford_magic wrote:While the stats will only say he made 30 or so metres, they don't tell the whole story. He is a big mobile runner and he looks good with the ball. I couldn't help but notice how skill full he was in a 5 minute period, throwing great cut out passes, then a few tackles later he had two great touches in the try that Lawrence scored.

Now I'm not saying this guy is a world beater, but there is no way any other NRL Coach would pick either two backs on the bench over him, or play two props for 70 minutes and him for 15. And theres no way certain back rowers should give us 80 minutes of nothing with this guy warming the bench.
x2

Again, I do not understand keeping him on for such a short time, especially when Galloway and Woods were tired.

Unfortunately, too many errors, Blair (2 in attack, 1 in defence), Galloway (1 in defence), Woods (1 in defence), BMM (1 in attack, 1 in defence), Iosefa (1 in attack, 2 in defence), Marshall (1 i defence).

Unfortunately as I expected, this game was difficult, even with all players on board we would struggle.

On the positive side, they never gave up.
IMHO Utai, Bell, Ayshford, and Moltzen played very good.

Go Tigers

georgebeema

Post by georgebeema » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 10:34 pm

Whatttt? If you don't like him say so, but don't make up stories. Friend made that break right behind the play the ball where there are no defenders because there was only one marker. He pushed Masada off like a little schoolboy. Nothing to do with moors.

As for who would show him the door next year, I would rather show heighington and groat the door before junior. He runs harder, bends the line, can pass/offload, has good footwork and no there are no issues with his defense so don't try and invent one

Chadman's Ghost

Post by Chadman's Ghost » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 11:58 pm

Everyone's written Groat off after a few bad games, but that dude was great last year. Hold your horses on that guy. Moors looks a talented attacking weapon, but as has been mentioned, his defense, at best, doesn't draw much praise. It's 'ok'. Pettybourne will be a better player for the Tigers in that role.

I always thought Moors was a big guy until I saw the dude's the Roosters put on the field... Holy Hell they are big!

dermo

Post by dermo » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 10:33 am

Pettybourne is better and Thompson is his equal if not better

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 11:03 am

He should offer himself to Craig Bellamy on a minimum wage salary. He'd become a star at the Storm.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 1:33 pm

1/4 chicken,chips wrote:Moors should be the first player shown the door next season ,he has offered nothing in the time he has been at the club .He was touted as a big up and comer in his junior days but he has failed to deliver the goods . How many more chances does he need to hit his heights ?

Agree. A complete waste of space. Would not knock over my grandmother. Offers nothing in attack or defence.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 1:55 pm

The damage was done way before Moors ran onto the field. When he came on we were playing catch up footy and we decided to attack and forget the tackle caper.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 2:05 pm

I enjoyed seeing he play with a bit more width yesterday and have always felt this is where he should be playing. Unfortunately, Sheens has always used him in the middle of the park and if this is what Sheens wants from him, he might as well go to a new club.

He needs to show more 'mongrel' if he wants a gig in first grade!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017