Iosefa

ImageImageImage
batboy

Iosefa

Post by batboy » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 11:46 am

I actually think that he is the best option we have had outside Robbie in as long as I can remember...
The Roosters rolled us up the guts with a Monster pack... Hell BJ Leilua is as big as Heigno!!
There were some times when I just went WOW with some of the balls he gave, Some great inside outside balls etc...
He has the Goods, His fitness is lacking ATM... But I really think there is something special there.
If you want to talk bad options... I think everyone out there was a little guilty of that.
Put simply, We didn't wrap up the ball and Were standing off tackles and they monstered us.
After the Bye, I assume our side will look a little like this...
Moltz, Utai, Beau, Chris, Lote, Siro, Benj, Woods, Robbie, Keithy, Blair, Ellis, Heigno, Fults, BMM, Bell, Iosefa...
Maybe Cashy...
I can live with that, As Iosefa is big enough and strong enough to give one of the Back Rowers a spell if needed and Good enough to fill in at Halves and Hooker...
Iosefa is a couple years out of firsts and in a brand new team... I think he is gonna fit just fine!!
HAVE FAITH PEOPLE!!

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 12:19 pm

I thought he tried too hard in attack and was lazy in defence. Made some poor decisions and was making half assed grabs at players running past him. I'm not going to write him off after a couple of games but I would like to see more of Politoni before saying he's our next best option.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 1:30 pm

batboy wrote:I actually think that he is the best option we have had outside Robbie in as long as I can remember...
The Roosters rolled us up the guts with a Monster pack... Hell BJ Leilua is as big as Heigno!!
There were some times when I just went WOW with some of the balls he gave, Some great inside outside balls etc...
He has the Goods, His fitness is lacking ATM... But I really think there is something special there.
If you want to talk bad options... I think everyone out there was a little guilty of that.
Put simply, We didn't wrap up the ball and Were standing off tackles and they monstered us.
After the Bye, I assume our side will look a little like this...
Moltz, Utai, Beau, Chris, Lote, Siro, Benj, Woods, Robbie, Keithy, Blair, Ellis, Heigno, Fults, BMM, Bell, Iosefa...
Maybe Cashy...
I can live with that, As Iosefa is big enough and strong enough to give one of the Back Rowers a spell if needed and Good enough to fill in at Halves and Hooker...
Iosefa is a couple years out of firsts and in a brand new team... I think he is gonna fit just fine!!
HAVE FAITH PEOPLE!!
Agree.

He has only been with for a couple of weeks. Give him a break.

He has been no worse than Moltzen or Lote and they have been with us for a lot longer.

max smart

Post by max smart » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 2:12 pm

I can't figure out if Iosefa or Blair is a worse pick up at this stage.

At least with Humble on the paddock we get a player who will not miss a tackle.

I mean it's tough to judge him on three appearances, but so far we've seen a guy who is obviously a very talented attacking player make terrible decisions and try to be the "star" on too many occasions. Agree he seems to have a lot of ability. Against the storm he made a handful of 15m runs around the ruck, and obviously made a nice line break yesterday, but seriously, what was that step?

maybe he is long-term a better option than humble or Politini but IMO he needs to spend more time training with the boys to figure out there game. It might also help the other players trust him again after some poor defensive decisions as well.

yesterday really sucked because we went back to being the "soft tigers" who lost 5 on the trot. Most of the tries came through attacking raids right down the middle of the park. to go from conceding one try in 2 weeks to 7 in one arvo really hurts.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 7:20 pm

max smart wrote:I can't figure out if Iosefa or Blair is a worse pick up at this stage.

I mean it's tough to judge him on three appearances, but so far we've seen a guy who is obviously a very talented attacking player make terrible decisions and try to be the "star" on too many occasions. Agree he seems to have a lot of ability. Against the storm he made a handful of 15m runs around the ruck, and obviously made a nice line break yesterday, but seriously, what was that step?

maybe he is long-term a better option than humble or Politini but IMO he needs to spend more time training with the boys to figure out there game. It might also help the other players trust him again after some poor defensive decisions as well.

yesterday really sucked because we went back to being the "soft tigers" who lost 5 on the trot. Most of the tries came through attacking raids right down the middle of the park. to go from conceding one try in 2 weeks to 7 in one arvo really hurts.

Umm, Humble missed 5 tackles, Iosefa missed 2, Max.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

willow

Post by willow » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 7:26 pm

Flippedy wrote:
max smart wrote:I can't figure out if Iosefa or Blair is a worse pick up at this stage.

Umm, Humble missed 5 tackles, Iosefa missed 2, Max.
I don't mind Humble but yes, yesterday he was a deadset speed hump.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 7:32 pm

As I said in another thread either Iosefa or Humble are not the answer

We need to find someone better as a fill in for Robbie if needed