Refereeing.

ImageImageImage
Cysquatch

Re: Refereeing.

Post by Cysquatch » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 11:23 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Complaining about the refs when you've conceded 38 points is a true mark of a one-eyed supporter
Agreed

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
by Novocastrian Tiger » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:34 pm
Is it just me, or do alot of posts on this forum end up being like a pee pee measuring contest?

Cysquatch

Post by Cysquatch » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 11:23 pm

hellman wrote:The refs were poor but they had nothing to do with one of the worst Tigers performances I have ever seen.
Agreed

by Novocastrian Tiger » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:34 pm
Is it just me, or do alot of posts on this forum end up being like a pee pee measuring contest?

Citizen Tiger

Post by Citizen Tiger » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 11:28 pm

milford_magic wrote:Let me say the Tigers were Disgusting but the refs were awefull.

1) Darius Boyd knock on off the bomb. We should of had it 10 metres out but they have it and go down and score.
2) Marshall called for a forward pass which wasnt. Knights score.
3) The Marshall offside off the drop out, how did that affect anything?
4) The Farah knock on off tuquiri which came off his leg.

Dont get me wrong. The tigers were disgusting. And the good sides can come back from calls like this.
Once upon a time refs reffed, players played and the world was a simple place. Nowadays no one want to take responsibility for their actions, indeed they want to transfer blame and in the game of RL what better scapegoat than the ref? He can be marginalised in an editorial, belittled with a loop of replays and demeaned in the post match press conference.

Cameras, commentators and coaches spend more time analyzing the refs performance than they do the game itself.

Even the head of refs it seems is not immune from critiquing his charges. Why he even reinvents interpretations on a weekly basis, although more to do with attention seeking I would think

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 11:44 pm

Cysquatch wrote:
hellman wrote:The refs were poor but they had nothing to do with one of the worst Tigers performances I have ever seen.
Agreed

x 3 No excuses tonight Maybe one or two bad calls but we got belted fair and square in my opinion

badger

Post by badger » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 7:51 am

It seems to me the mental state of the tigers is such a fragile thing. We loose our mental toughness and our defense falls apart almost imediatly. Last year we had our mid season crisis and we fell apart and this year we seem to be having our mid season crisis. Players who cant stand up should stand down, without penalty, for the benifit of the team. I include Marshall in that. The refereeing this year does seem to be well below par compared to last year but that is not the reason we lost the tast two week. We just need to find a way of getting our heads right and keeping them there.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 8:11 am

I didn't think the refs were that bad to be honest. I had a problem with the forward pass call considering it was line ball at the very worst and Buderus and Farah were tossing them blatantly forward out of DH all night.

Poor discipline and ball handling/security cost us, not the refs.
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Andyvee

Post by Andyvee » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 8:24 am

Newcastle played their best game of the year. Would have beaten most teams in that last 60 minutes. Tigers looked like they did in the first 6 weeks. Lost too much ball and the fatigue factor never gave them a chance. Also when one of your chief organisers has a shocker, they had no chance last night.

The Phantom

Post by The Phantom » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 9:17 am

underdog wrote:five out of six Newcastle tries off bad ref decisions. Not even kidding.
I don't think you can blame ref decisions for that loss.i do agree that most of the 50/50 decisions went way of the Knights thou.We were horrible.

underdog

Post by underdog » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 10:06 am

Whoa, "Gee-up" "One-eyed"

Hang on a sec...

I said the tries came off the back of bad decisions - The Tigers defence was STILL awful, and should have been able to repel the generally awkward and stilted Knights Attack. Our boys defended badly, no denying that - lacked sting and starch. Joel Reddy got caught in no-mans land way too often.

Timana Racist ended up looking like he was playing outside of Gidley - the clock was turned back.

The bye can't come quick enough. Time to go away, then comback in two weeks, and destroy the Dogs as rank outsiders.

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 10:09 am

underdog wrote:five out of six Newcastle tries off bad ref decisions. Not even kidding.
Are you referring to Cashy's moment? Sheens' opinion was that it was not a penalty. Should have been repacked.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 10:13 am

It wasn't a penalty until Cashmere threw one. After that there was no choice

underdog

Post by underdog » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 10:16 am

I think sheens was defending his player for mind - it was a penalty in my books as well. Cashy could have just put his head down and got on with it.

The way we were playing we would have scored off the set play, and the way Marshall was kicking, we would have gone up 20-0

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 10:19 am

smeghead wrote:It wasn't a penalty until Cashmere threw one. After that there was no choice
Exactly. It was fine until Cashy had a brain melt and decided to let a loose one go. Don't know how anyone can say that wasn't a penalty.
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 10:22 am

Refs were crap and we weren't much better.
Reverse the possession ratio and we wouldn't be having this conversation - we would have won by 50.