I must be a simpletin

ImageImageImage
smoking gun

Re: I must be a simpletin

Post by smoking gun » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 9:08 pm

Even with these 2 horror performances we are still in 8th and will be there next week to due to the bye. So we can regroup and find out where we are really at v the bulldogs. Comps are won in end 16. The season only starts in the last 10 rounds for any team who has a 50/50 record and another thing..... We do this EVERY year....

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 9:09 pm

Can you edit the thread title to "simpleton". Makes you look a little simple!

west2005

Post by west2005 » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 9:10 pm

Heighington's ineffectiveness hes is past it now. sorry but Heighington's running style= tip toes

Citizen Tiger

Post by Citizen Tiger » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 9:14 pm

tigergirlz wrote:Can you edit the thread title to "simpleton". Makes you look a little simple!
Noted and corrected

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 9:14 pm

Im not sure about Galloway but the rest seem reasonable points.

With players coming back (hopefully) Cashmere was presumabliy destined for BRET anyhow, but please get him there with all available urgency. Can you imagine Junior doing what that goose did? I cant. Can you imagine Junior making more of an impression on the defence than said goose? I can. And there was no defence tonight anyhow so there we have it.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 9:15 pm

Last week our loss looked alright because the chooks clocked off and we had a late charge, but really the writing was on the wall, this week we were diabolical and really our old members look old and slow. We are in for a hard couple of months, with some luck we might jag 7th or 8th at best. Iam afraid 2012 has been totally unacceptable for a team that has such a strong roster. Iam not going to bash Sheens but at the end of the season some questions must be asked if we dont lift a lot

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 9:16 pm

Those criticising CT's spelling of "simpleton," I think it was a deliberate attempt to stress his opinion... :lol:
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 9:17 pm

The bit that worries me the most is the fans seem to take the loss worse then the players, am i right or do i just imagine this?.

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 9:19 pm

We all need a simple tin

Citizen Tiger

Post by Citizen Tiger » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 9:31 pm

tigerbenji wrote:The bit that worries me the most is the fans seem to take the loss worse then the players, am i right or do i just imagine this?.
If indeed u are correct, you may have unwittingly identified a major issue. Fans are entitled to be disgruntled after a display like that. The deficiencies of this team were cruelly exposed tonight, not by Melbourne or Manly, but by a team that are just about last on every register of performance so far this season. For the first time since the bad old days of the 70's I was truly embarrassed tonight. Even in the 70's Keithy Cook, Mick Fish and Trevor Forwood may have been average players but they left nothing on the field. They were proud, they were upright and they could look their mates in the eye, even if they'd conceded 40 points. Unfortunately this squad has neither the attitude or the competitive streak of those players

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 9:34 pm

Loosing to Souffs by 50 to almost nothing was the most embarrassing. (Was that only last year?)

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Defiant » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 9:38 pm

it worries me that I appear more upset then the players after the game.

Blair Battalion

Post by Blair Battalion » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 9:40 pm

smoking gun wrote:Needless to say our 3 worst performances of the year have contained ayshford @ 6. Don't really understand him playing there as he has no passing skills and no kicking skills. But we had no ball from the 28th minute and what we had we made mistakes.
Sheens has to find the right balance for the team ASAP.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Pony

Post by Pony » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 9:48 pm

SIMPLE TIM?

watersider

Post by watersider » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 9:53 pm

Defiant wrote:it worries me that I appear more upset then the players after the game.
I imagine they are probably just tired and are trying to be respectful and good sports after a loss. But sure go ahead and question their commitment because they aren't having a big cry over something as trivial as a loss of a game of footy. There are bigger things to worry about.

monaro97

Post by monaro97 » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 9:53 pm

Need to blood a kid. Lovett, Rudolph. No one off the bench we offer is feared or dangerous. We seem to be trying to be a Melbourne clone. It's failing. Go back to the sword, live and is by it.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 10:04 pm

Citizen Tiger wrote:I am sad to report that the remote control unit, responsible for most major functions associated with the plasma, met it's maker tonight at about the time Newcastle made it 14 all. The technicians have been unable to revive it's fortunes

Hey CT i have been there many times, including a new TV - i posted a solution on another post - i'll post it here as well - it may seem tongue in cheek but believe me its true :

I have had to stop watching games live - my marriage was suffering from the language i was throwing at the TV - i now have forced myself to tape every game and fast forward to see what happens - if we win i sit and watch the whole game - if we lose badly like tonight i erase it and spend my time doing something constructive rather than fuming and taking out my anger on the family - its not a perfect setup but its working well - my anger is contained to 1 minute of extremely fast forwarding - my wife is happy because lately the football is only on for 5 minutes ofe extremely fast forward - my marriage has improved and the kids are all happy because they get to watch more cartoons - as a long time wests magpies and now tigers supporter i would recommend this style of watching games to anyone whose nerves are frayed, whose marriage is slipping, who are swearing, jumping around and punching the air in anger - i intend watching all football games this way from now on - its so much easier and gives me more time to devote to things that really matter.

Citizen Tiger

Post by Citizen Tiger » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 10:46 pm

Thanks DP, that brightened up my night no end. You'll be pleased to hear that all the little plastic bits were finally retrieved and somehow cobbled back together with Supa Glue. Thank God for Dutch engineering, if my TV had been an LG instead of a Philips I'd be up Sh.. Creek