Hang your heads in shame

ImageImageImage
Snake

Re: Hang your heads in shame

Post by Snake » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 4:24 pm

barra wrote:Sheens has done a lot of good with the team and club, but he is far from perfect.

He is different from most other coaches in so far as he rarely drops players but prefers to be loyal to them and ask for commitment in return. Right or wrong, it's his way. So while I'd love to see Tuquiri dropped, Reddy gone for good, Blair used off the bench, Heighno pensioned off, Benji back to 5/8 and Miller into halfback, that ain't gonna happen.

And I feel that this feeds his biggest flaw, which is that he has NEVER been able to create a mentally tough WT team. More than any other team I've ever known they are affected by the scoreboard, an injury, or even a seemingly minor play that becomes a turning point. Most playeres - especially the senior ones and the Captain - drop their heads and seem to say nothing even behind the posts. Their body language is entirely defeatist.

And this vulnerable attitude is purely a product of coaching.
Well written pretty much sums it up.

Flippedy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Flippedy » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 5:47 pm

Snake wrote:
barra wrote:Sheens has done a lot of good with the team and club, but he is far from perfect.

He is different from most other coaches in so far as he rarely drops players but prefers to be loyal to them and ask for commitment in return. Right or wrong, it's his way. So while I'd love to see Tuquiri dropped, Reddy gone for good, Blair used off the bench, Heighno pensioned off, Benji back to 5/8 and Miller into halfback, that ain't gonna happen.

And I feel that this feeds his biggest flaw, which is that he has NEVER been able to create a mentally tough WT team. More than any other team I've ever known they are affected by the scoreboard, an injury, or even a seemingly minor play that becomes a turning point. Most playeres - especially the senior ones and the Captain - drop their heads and seem to say nothing even behind the posts. Their body language is entirely defeatist.

And this vulnerable attitude is purely a product of coaching.
Well written pretty much sums it up.
Spot on, Barra, absolutely spot on!
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen