Hang your heads in shame

ImageImageImage
tig_prmz

Re: Hang your heads in shame

Post by tig_prmz » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 10:47 pm

you don't have to hit rock bottom EVERYTIME to peak. it's ridiculous how often the team goes into form slumps. they just go missing in defense absolutely mmissing.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Chunky love machine

Post by Chunky love machine » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 10:51 pm

Cysquatch wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:just right there you have become one of my favourites here hahahahhaha. just tell it like it is. i always used to think to myself i'm one lunatic but i am .I'm glad i'm not the only one . I LOVE THE TIGERS
Ahem, I'm a lunatic also. No kids yet, but my poor wife must think I'm a nutta the way I carry on. I try to keep it in check then comes a point when an avalanche of frustration pours out of me. So hard. Can't just sit there and relax with wt. never have

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Yes, being a tigers fan is like that point in time when you lean back on a chair too far and are about to fall backwards, only to catch yourself at the last second. That feeling lasts on average for 80 minutes per week for the average Tigers fan.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 10:51 pm

AmericanHistoryX wrote:
Chunky love machine wrote:
watersider wrote:Well done Alf, nice to see some perspective.

Are tigers fans less worthy because they can't take a bad loss? No. Is it a sign of their complete lack of foresight and reflective skills? Absolutely. Nonetheless, being a rugby league supporter doesn't come with requirements (except that you buy merchandise and go to a game once and a while- or at least fork out for a foxtel subscription).

What a terible painful loss. Honestly, if you were a coach would there be a better time for a wake-up call like this than round 16 with a bye to come? I swear Sheens plans these midseason slumps only for the side to suddenly catch on fire at the end of the season. Will it happen again? Who knows? Can we bank on irate fans on here all of sudden blindly gushing with praise for the same players they ask to be dropped this week? Inevitable. Is the solution dropping lote, cash, heigno, Blake? You are kidding.

I know fans will be filled with vitriolic hyperbole but I just hope that nobody pays attention.
Spot on. But that's our right. If we weren't gutted, and upset by this then what type of fans would we be? Do I want changes to the team? Yes, right now I'm pencilling Hassan Saleh for a comeback on Lotes wing after the bye. But this time next game after Lote scores 5 tries I'll be on the bandwagon to re sign him. It's the life of a fan who bleeds black gold and white. I love this team, I love that our teams merged instead of Paramatta and my Tigers. We were the ugly ducklings of the NRL and no one wanted us in. So we went and won a bloody premiership instead, not just a premiership but the most relevant and exciting premiership in a long time. We as fans have been through hell watching our respective teams basically held to ransom to merge whilst teams like Melbourne cheapen the comp with their tainted cheating ways. Proud Balmain and Western Suburbs teams were destroyed to accommodate the Storm, Gold Coast, etc and we have a reason to be so much more passionate than other fans for this reason. I get crushed over performances like tonight, but yes I will be back in two weeks, cheering on the same players I'm ragging on tonight. Let us vent whilst we are still pi$$ed off enough to give a damn.

It didn't have to be this way. Why didn't we poach Hasler?

Because we will never get rid of Sheens.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 10:52 pm

tig_prmz wrote:you don't have to hit rock bottom EVERYTIME to peak. it's ridiculous how often the team goes into form slumps. they just go missing in defense absolutely mmissing.
Yeah it's inexcusable really, isn't it?
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 10:54 pm

I can't believe I actually thought this team had matured

We will never ever learn

I'm so angry after watching that disgusting performance

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 10:55 pm

I dont know whether to laugh or cry when i read these threads, we were poor sure....but all this stuff about never being so embarrassed blah, blah, blah.

We were down and switched off, they were desperate and caught fire and we got pumped. We went through a period where we just couldnt get the ball.

2 losses is hardly reason to slit your wrists, here is a scoop, in the NRL all the teams have reasonable rosters, and no team can play there best each week, sometimes you lose to teams you should beat,

The bye has come at a good time as far Im concerned.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 11:03 pm

Goose wrote:I dont know whether to laugh or cry when i read these threads, we were poor sure....but all this stuff about never being so embarrassed blah, blah, blah.

We were down and switched off, they were desperate and caught fire and we got pumped. We went through a period where we just couldnt get the ball.

2 losses is hardly reason to slit your wrists, here is a scoop, in the NRL all the teams have reasonable rosters, and no team can play there best each week, sometimes you lose to teams you should beat,

the problem is that it happens every year. and at least twice a season when they completely clock off defensively and get 40 put on them. you don't have to hit rock bottom to realise that you need to play for 80 minutes.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Chunky love machine

Post by Chunky love machine » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 11:03 pm

fergiefurr wrote:I can't believe I actually thought this team had matured

We will never ever learn

I'm so angry after watching that disgusting performance
This is the passion I'm talking about. If we as fans can get this emotional about a loss, why can't the players get pumped for a mere 80 minutes out of their week. The boys need to take a massive long hard look at themselves over the next two weeks. Tonight was totally unacceptable

bigdamo

Post by bigdamo » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 11:05 pm

well no suprise this result haaaaa i was attacked here last week how dare you crying like a bansheee you only on here when we lose umm iam not on here when we win too but some on here had us beating ncastle by 30 bwwwhaaa this side is like the daragons worse we bag them for being chokers ha we are worse we cant handle pressure been kicked out of semis two years running choked and we choke against roosters and ncastle two worst sides in the comp we cant win as favorites weve had scratchy wins all year that have bandaided how bad we are going we have atouch footy attidue zero defence no heart we are soft have no structure in defence we are a rabble blair will go down as the biggest non buy ever tuquiri is embarrsing shouldnt even be in park footy and our coach the parade has gone by old timmyoh. and those on here bagging anasta he made us looked stupid last week id have bratih over six of our players the team looked like turnstiles at woolies again tonight. :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

brk53y

Post by brk53y » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 11:07 pm

bigdamo wrote:well no suprise this result haaaaa i was attacked here last week how dare you crying like a bansheee you only on here when we lose umm iam not on here when we win too but some on here had us beating ncastle by 30 bwwwhaaa this side is like the daragons worse we bag them for being chokers ha we are worse we cant handle pressure been kicked out of semis two years running choked and we choke against roosters and ncastle two worst sides in the comp we cant win as favorites weve had scratchy wins all year that have bandaided how bad we are going we have atouch footy attidue zero defence no heart we are soft have no structure in defence we are a rabble blair will go down as the biggest non buy ever tuquiri is embarrsing shouldnt even be in park footy and our coach the parade has gone by old timmyoh. and those on here bagging anasta he made us looked stupid last week id have bratih over six of our players the team looked like turnstiles at woolies again tonight.
Oh yay your here. Peaheart.

Chunky love machine

Post by Chunky love machine » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 11:10 pm

Goose wrote:I dont know whether to laugh or cry when i read these threads, we were poor sure....but all this stuff about never being so embarrassed blah, blah, blah.

So by your logic, the Bunnies putting 50 on us was just a blip on the radar. Some of us get a little pi$$ed when the team eats it big time like tonight. Melbourne seem to do a good job of not losing to teams they should beat. Sure as hell wouldn't lose to the freaking knights that's for sure

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 11:10 pm

bigdamo wrote:well no suprise this result haaaaa i was attacked here last week how dare you crying like a bansheee you only on here when we lose umm iam not on here when we win too but some on here had us beating ncastle by 30 bwwwhaaa this side is like the daragons worse we bag them for being chokers ha we are worse we cant handle pressure been kicked out of semis two years running choked and we choke against roosters and ncastle two worst sides in the comp we cant win as favorites weve had scratchy wins all year that have bandaided how bad we are going we have atouch footy attidue zero defence no heart we are soft have no structure in defence we are a rabble blair will go down as the biggest non buy ever tuquiri is embarrsing shouldnt even be in park footy and our coach the parade has gone by old timmyoh. and those on here bagging anasta he made us looked stupid last week id have bratih over six of our players the team looked like turnstiles at woolies again tonight. :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:
Big difference from last week Damo

You bagged a team out that lost its skipper after finding out his mother had passed away and had its heart ripped out

Many of the players knew her and some had lived with her when they came to the Tigers

This week is entirely different

Any person who thinks we don't miss Liam Fulton now knows better also

Citizen Tiger

Post by Citizen Tiger » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 11:12 pm

alexaki wrote:
watersider wrote:Well done Alf, nice to see some perspective.

Are tigers fans less worthy because they can't take a bad loss? No. Is it a sign of their complete lack of foresight and reflective skills? Absolutely. Nonetheless, being a rugby league supporter doesn't come with requirements (except that you buy merchandise and go to a game once and a while- or at least fork out for a foxtel subscription).

What a terible painful loss. Honestly, if you were a coach would there be a better time for a wake-up call like this than round 16 with a bye to come? I swear Sheens plans these midseason slumps only for the side to suddenly catch on fire at the end of the season. Will it happen again? Who knows? Can we bank on irate fans on here all of sudden blindly gushing with praise for the same players they ask to be dropped this week? Inevitable. Is the solution dropping lote, cash, heigno, Blake? You are kidding.

I know fans will be filled with vitriolic hyperbole but I just hope that nobody pays attention.
is this citizen tiger in disguise?

You don't fool me for a minute Andy Harper :D

bigdamo

Post by bigdamo » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 11:13 pm

oh hi brekky you sweety one eyed sheep.

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 11:22 pm

Chunky love machine wrote:

So by your logic, the Bunnies putting 50 on us was just a blip on the radar. Some of us get a little pi$$ed when the team eats it big time like tonight. Melbourne seem to do a good job of not losing to teams they should beat. Sure as hell wouldn't lose to the freaking knights that's for sure
Melbourne lost to Cronulla, Manly lost to Parra, the titans and Penrith, everyone loses, Knights have more talent than all those sides

My logic was proven correct, we got beaten by the Bunnies by 50, disappointing sure, but we ran top 4.

IMO it is very difficult to grind away all year, and be good in the semies, it is very difficult to be up every week, and when you lose like this it is disappointing, but calls for the coaches head, 3 players to be sacked and alike are massive over reactions.

900large

Post by 900large » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 11:33 pm

bigdamo wrote:well no suprise this result haaaaa i was attacked here last week how dare you crying like a bansheee you only on here when we lose umm iam not on here when we win too but some on here had us beating ncastle by 30 bwwwhaaa this side is like the daragons worse we bag them for being chokers ha we are worse we cant handle pressure been kicked out of semis two years running choked and we choke against roosters and ncastle two worst sides in the comp we cant win as favorites weve had scratchy wins all year that have bandaided how bad we are going we have atouch footy attidue zero defence no heart we are soft have no structure in defence we are a rabble blair will go down as the biggest non buy ever tuquiri is embarrsing shouldnt even be in park footy and our coach the parade has gone by old timmyoh. and those on here bagging anasta he made us looked stupid last week id have bratih over six of our players the team looked like turnstiles at woolies again tonight.
Damo just 2 things please... Sentences and full stops. Calm down stop mashing the keyboard, think what you are trying to say then carefully type it out.... Don't rush, just one idea at a time... Then put a full stop, then a space. New sentence new idea. Start with a capital letter and write that new idea.
As soon as you master writing a sentence we will move onto commas. Then when you have learned how to write we will work on the content. Don't worry soon you will be able to put something on the fridge to show you are a big boy now.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 11:38 pm

bigdamo wrote:oh hi brekky you sweety one eyed sheep.
:wtf

Are you paying $4.95/minute for this ???

Chunky love machine

Post by Chunky love machine » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 11:44 pm

bigdamo wrote:well no suprise this result haaaaa i was attacked here last week how dare you crying like a bansheee you only on here when we lose umm iam not on here when we win too but some on here had us beating ncastle by 30 bwwwhaaa this side is like the daragons worse we bag them for being chokers ha we are worse we cant handle pressure been kicked out of semis two years running choked and we choke against roosters and ncastle two worst sides in the comp we cant win as favorites weve had scratchy wins all year that have bandaided how bad we are going we have atouch footy attidue zero defence no heart we are soft have no structure in defence we are a rabble blair will go down as the biggest non buy ever tuquiri is embarrsing shouldnt even be in park footy and our coach the parade has gone by old timmyoh. and those on here bagging anasta he made us looked stupid last week id have bratih over six of our players the team looked like turnstiles at woolies again tonight. :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:
Whilst I agree with certain aspects of your argument, you sir are stills crack head.