Hang your heads in shame

ImageImageImage
Chunky love machine

Re: Hang your heads in shame

Post by Chunky love machine » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 11:50 pm

Goose wrote:
Chunky love machine wrote:
Goose wrote:I dont know whether to laugh or cry when i read these threads, we were poor sure....but all this stuff about never being so embarrassed blah, blah, blah.

We were down and switched off, they were desperate and caught fire and we got pumped. We went through a period where we just couldnt get the ball.

2 losses is hardly reason to slit your wrists, here is a scoop, in the NRL all the teams have reasonable rosters, and no team can play there best each week, sometimes you lose to teams you should beat,

The bye has come at a good time as far Im concerned.
So by your logic, the Bunnies putting 50 on us was just a blip on the radar. Some of us get a little pi$$ed when the team eats it big time like tonight. Melbourne seem to do a good job of not losing to teams they should beat. Sure as hell wouldn't lose to the freaking knights that's for sure
Melbourne lost to Cronulla, Manly lost to Parra, the titans and Penrith, everyone loses, Knights have more talent than all those sides

My logic was proven correct, we got beaten by the Bunnies by 50, disappointing sure, but we ran top 4.

IMO it is very difficult to grind away all year, and be good in the semies, it is very difficult to be up every week, and when you lose like this it is disappointing, but calls for the coaches head, 3 players to be sacked and alike are massive over reactions.

I agree, but who is accountable??????????? We were soft up the middle again tonight. Seems to be a common theme this year

bigdamo

Post by bigdamo » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 11:56 pm

thanks for making it fun guys you are so one eyed it makes it easy to reel you all in hhhaaaaa hook line and sinker.

Chunky love machine

Post by Chunky love machine » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 12:10 am

bigdamo wrote:thanks for making it fun guys you are so one eyed it makes it easy to reel you all in hhhaaaaa hook line and sinker.
Don't make me break out the yo mamma jokes

stryker

Post by stryker » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 12:19 am

bigdamo wrote:thanks for making it fun guys you are so one eyed it makes it easy to reel you all in hhhaaaaa hook line and sinker.
Anything interesting to say or are you just here to troll again?

Tbone

Post by Tbone » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 12:32 am

tig_prmz wrote:you don't have to hit rock bottom EVERYTIME to peak. it's ridiculous how often the team goes into form slumps. they just go missing in defense absolutely mmissing.
Exactly right tig. Mentally fragile is the only possible explanation. Like it or not, it's the truth plain and simple.

Tbone

Post by Tbone » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 12:35 am

It's not the supporters on this form who are pea hearts. Such criticism should be on the players after such performances, not fans who have supported the team through decades, go to games, buy the jerseys and have to watch uncommitted players play at 50%.

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 12:43 am

Goose wrote:
Chunky love machine wrote:
Goose wrote:I dont know whether to laugh or cry when i read these threads, we were poor sure....but all this stuff about never being so embarrassed blah, blah, blah.

We were down and switched off, they were desperate and caught fire and we got pumped. We went through a period where we just couldnt get the ball.

2 losses is hardly reason to slit your wrists, here is a scoop, in the NRL all the teams have reasonable rosters, and no team can play there best each week, sometimes you lose to teams you should beat,

The bye has come at a good time as far Im concerned.
So by your logic, the Bunnies putting 50 on us was just a blip on the radar. Some of us get a little pi$$ed when the team eats it big time like tonight. Melbourne seem to do a good job of not losing to teams they should beat. Sure as hell wouldn't lose to the freaking knights that's for sure
Melbourne lost to Cronulla, Manly lost to Parra, the titans and Penrith, everyone loses, Knights have more talent than all those sides

My logic was proven correct, we got beaten by the Bunnies by 50, disappointing sure, but we ran top 4.

IMO it is very difficult to grind away all year, and be good in the semies, it is very difficult to be up every week, and when you lose like this it is disappointing, but calls for the coaches head, 3 players to be sacked and alike are massive over reactions.
its not the losses that are the problem

its the way we lose them

LCA

Post by LCA » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 6:58 am

I think we all need some certainty in our lives to keep us going.

I certainly love the Tigers and go to 20+ games every season and pay for 2 x Gold Membershisp. That won't change.

I certainly believe that this side is as talented and skilful as any in the NRL.

I certainly believe that supporting them is a roller-coaster of highs and lows but I am very uncertain as to why that is.

To quote The Boss; "Lord have mercy on a man who doubts what he's sure of". I am sure of nothing anymore with the Tigers.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 8:55 am

fergiefurr wrote:

its the way we lose them
This, I don't mind loosing if the side is clearly trying but the opposition is just too good, but when we just hand games over to the opposition, that's unacceptable.

tigerbalm

Post by tigerbalm » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 9:10 am

Gary Bakerloo wrote:You are kidding. Blair was one of our best tonight. He kept turning up to make tackles when the rest were pretending to be woolies turnstiles.
Blair wears number 11 right? I must be thinking of another player cause the Blair I watched last night was useless. He continually rushes up and leaves holes, misses tackles, jogs his hit ups ..the guy needs to be dropped. He's treating the jersey like a joke. I know there was alot of players who were s*** last night but they have all shown some quality at some point. Blair has been a joke since round 1. Fact. He is sucking our cap up for what? Drop the guy.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Golden

Post by Golden » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 9:17 am

our biggest problem is when a big game changer happens we fold into a heap and froget we are playing footy.

take at look at last week the Minichello play roosters go BANG BAN it's 30 -4 the souths game up 16-4 Benji goes blind souths go BANG BANG

last night 13 from 13 10 metres out scrum feed Cashmere does a brain dead dumb play and knights go BANG BANG BANG, we cannot handle momentum swings off a big game changing play that swings. we can defend it we are mental head cases in that department. same as if we were to have been robbed a try if leading 16-0 by the video ref you can almost guarnatee the other team will come back within 10 mins

the eels game the so called Reddy strip Parra go BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG and before you know it its 31-30

How do we fix this?? we sack Sheens because he should be the one who can mentally change the way of thinking when something like that happens in a game. the good teams can defend a bad ref or a brain explotion that swings momentum we let in 3 trys in 10 mins most of the time.

Golden

Post by Golden » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 9:20 am

Tigerdave wrote:
fergiefurr wrote:

its the way we lose them
This, I don't mind loosing if the side is clearly trying but the opposition is just too good, but when we just hand games over to the opposition, that's unacceptable.
this is exactly right, people say why am I so negative? watch last nights game, I don't mind losing when we play with heart like that dragons semi game in 2010 I still think of that as a great well played game and am happy with it if I can be happy with a loss

but when we blow a lead, or get flogged by bad teams and play pathetic what else can I be but be negative? there is no balance with this team when they lose they are terrible there is never a good loss with them rarely

stryker

Post by stryker » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 12:31 pm

Golden wrote: How do we fix this?? we sack Sheens because he should be the one who can mentally change the way of thinking when something like that happens in a game. the good teams can defend a bad ref or a brain explotion that swings momentum we let in 3 trys in 10 mins most of the time.
Sheens cant do much when the team drops its bundle out on the field until half time....

It is up to the leadership group to motivate and change mentalities out on the field.

I consider the leadership group to be :
FORWARDS = Robbie, Ellis, Blair
BACKS = Benji, Tuqiri, Utai.

These six are big game players and 5 of them were out there last night. They are the most experienced and would have the most say. When the team capitulates like that, one can only assume that these blokes are being very quiet.

yeti

Post by yeti » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 1:02 pm

AmericanHistoryX wrote:Yes watching the game recorded is much better. You can fast forward the rubbish. Thank God for Foxtel.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Yep, and fast forwarding through the rubbish meant I only watched about 10 minutes of footy. Ain't life grand!

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 1:10 pm

stryker wrote:
Golden wrote: How do we fix this?? we sack Sheens because he should be the one who can mentally change the way of thinking when something like that happens in a game. the good teams can defend a bad ref or a brain explotion that swings momentum we let in 3 trys in 10 mins most of the time.
Sheens cant do much when the team drops its bundle out on the field until half time....

It is up to the leadership group to motivate and change mentalities out on the field.

I consider the leadership group to be :
FORWARDS = Robbie, Ellis, Blair
BACKS = Benji, Tuqiri, Utai.

These six are big game players and 5 of them were out there last night. They are the most experienced and would have the most say. When the team capitulates like that, one can only assume that these blokes are being very quiet.
this happens everytime... EVERYTIME... EVERYTIMEE <-- that's the keyword. the team does not learn from the mistakes. you can blame individuals if they don't perform, but if it's the whole team.. then you gotta question the coach.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Post by 851 » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 1:32 pm

Golden wrote:our biggest problem is when a big game changer happens we fold into a heap and froget we are playing footy.

take at look at last week the Minichello play roosters go BANG BAN it's 30 -4 the souths game up 16-4 Benji goes blind souths go BANG BANG

last night 13 from 13 10 metres out scrum feed Cashmere does a brain dead dumb play and knights go BANG BANG BANG, we cannot handle momentum swings off a big game changing play that swings. we can defend it we are mental head cases in that department. same as if we were to have been robbed a try if leading 16-0 by the video ref you can almost guarnatee the other team will come back within 10 mins

the eels game the so called Reddy strip Parra go BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG and before you know it its 31-30

How do we fix this?? we sack Sheens because he should be the one who can mentally change the way of thinking when something like that happens in a game. the good teams can defend a bad ref or a brain explotion that swings momentum we let in 3 trys in 10 mins most of the time.
100% agree,but we are in the minority,Sheens is god around here,and I don't know why,we win in spite of Sheens,not because of him,any decent coach would have our roster comfortably in the top 4 by now,but not our Tim,win some lose a heap,but its alright,we won in 2005. :bash
Go hard or go home

barra

Post by barra » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 3:25 pm

Sheens has done a lot of good with the team and club, but he is far from perfect.

He is different from most other coaches in so far as he rarely drops players but prefers to be loyal to them and ask for commitment in return. Right or wrong, it's his way. So while I'd love to see Tuquiri dropped, Reddy gone for good, Blair used off the bench, Heighno pensioned off, Benji back to 5/8 and Miller into halfback, that ain't gonna happen.

And I feel that this feeds his biggest flaw, which is that he has NEVER been able to create a mentally tough WT team. More than any other team I've ever known they are affected by the scoreboard, an injury, or even a seemingly minor play that becomes a turning point. Most playeres - especially the senior ones and the Captain - drop their heads and seem to say nothing even behind the posts. Their body language is entirely defeatist.

And this vulnerable attitude is purely a product of coaching.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 4:14 pm

barra wrote:Sheens has done a lot of good with the team and club, but he is far from perfect.

He is different from most other coaches in so far as he rarely drops players but prefers to be loyal to them and ask for commitment in return. Right or wrong, it's his way. So while I'd love to see Tuquiri dropped, Reddy gone for good, Blair used off the bench, Heighno pensioned off, Benji back to 5/8 and Miller into halfback, that ain't gonna happen.

And I feel that this feeds his biggest flaw, which is that he has NEVER been able to create a mentally tough WT team. More than any other team I've ever known they are affected by the scoreboard, an injury, or even a seemingly minor play that becomes a turning point. Most playeres - especially the senior ones and the Captain - drop their heads and seem to say nothing even behind the posts. Their body language is entirely defeatist.

And this vulnerable attitude is purely a product of coaching.
Bang on charlie