What angered you the most tonight ??

ImageImageImage
happy tiger

What angered you the most tonight ??

Post by happy tiger » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 10:06 pm

Fair bit to choose from really but lets look at it

No variation from our own 20 As we were many times playing one out and one side of the ruck the Knights were literally able to line up and literally hammer us

Stupid football That game turned on the stupidest mistake you can possibly make on the football field When you have the ball you don't provoke fights if i'd been Sheens I would of dragged Cashmere for the rest of the game

Remember Marshall and Mitchell Pierce in 2010 When we will learn ??

Inside defence was horrendous That would have to be our laziest performance in defence and it was at times 2006-2009 ish

Kicking game in the main was pathetic How many times do we have to kick the ball down Boyds and Uate throat

I hate to say this but for a team that was playing for the memory of one of its favourites Mum's it was an extremely disappointing performance

If the Tigers don't show up after the bye (which we have been poor from in the past ) the Bulldogs could knock us over early

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 10:10 pm

Robbie Farah trying his guts out and getting no support in return.

Seriously this was the most important game of the year up until now. A win could have put us 6 clear of 9th after the bye with the Dragons playing the Raiders in Canberra and the Warriors up against an in form Cowboys. Now that we're only two away that will give them a massive sniff and inspire them. The only bloke that turned up was the one that everybody else should have been rallying around. That pissed me off massively.

bundyboy

Post by bundyboy » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 10:10 pm

Is this a gee up?

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 10:10 pm

Sheens

Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 10:11 pm

MacDougall wrote:Robbie Farah trying his guts out and getting no support in return.

Seriously this was the most important game of the year up until now. A win could have put us 6 clear of 9th after the bye with the Dragons playing the Raiders in Canberra and the Warriors up against an in form Cowboys. Now that we're only two away that will give them a massive sniff and inspire them. The only bloke that turned up was the one that everybody else should have been rallying around. That pissed me off massively.
Has to be this. He had the most reason to turn in a bad performance yet was easily our best and most focused.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 10:18 pm

when leading 12-0 and went for goal to go 14-0, that stopped our momentam . That is not how we play. just like Warriors last year when we went for goal in the semis. But at the time seemed the right thing to do. Lacked the penetration , every time we are favourites we don't turn up WHY i don't know.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 10:22 pm

Not getting 7 out of 7 for the weekend....

I agree foreveratiger, going for the penalty goal at the 23rd minute, I mentioned it in the live thread game at the time. Dumb decision, made absolutely no sense at all, given the time it occurred and given the ease with which we scored our 2 tries. They should have kept applying pressure, but this has been a failing in the side over the years at times, just not applying pressure enough.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 10:23 pm

Just their inability to come back from a setback (Cashy's stupid penalty), lack of fight and seemingly no idea in attack and defence - just about everything really.

With the roster this team has, there really are no excuses for pathetic performances like tonight, yet they seem to happen on a regular basis - year in, year out. This club, for all its closeness and mateship, seems to have so much trouble developing a winning culture and I really don't know why. It's quite depressing.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 10:30 pm

The fact it was a Titans 2011 Mark II. I truly thought we had learnt from that. That's twice in two seasons we've lead 14-zip for twenty minutes and capitulated. It's not even like the refs were at fault either as they adjudicated the ruck and PTB fairly well all night, the only dodgy penalty that went Newcastle's way was the forward pass from Benji.

Cashmere's penalty was awful as well... I'd expect that from Woods or Groat... Not a seasoned prop.
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 10:35 pm

We are a stupid side that is still mentally weak

Nothing will change, no reprocussions

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 10:36 pm

Flippedy wrote:Just their inability to come back from a setback (Cashy's stupid penalty), lack of fight and seemingly no idea in attack and defence - just about everything really.

With the roster this team has, there really are no excuses for pathetic performances like tonight, yet they seem to happen on a regular basis - year in, year out. This club, for all its closeness and mateship, seems to have so much trouble developing a winning culture and I really don't know why. It's quite depressing.
Agree every word you said Flippedy. This is depressing
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 10:44 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:The fact it was a Titans 2011 Mark II. I truly thought we had learnt from that. That's twice in two seasons we've lead 14-zip for twenty minutes and capitulated. It's not even like the refs were at fault either as they adjudicated the ruck and PTB fairly well all night, the only dodgy penalty that went Newcastle's way was the forward pass from Benji.

Cashmere's penalty was awful as well... I'd expect that from Woods or Groat... Not a seasoned prop.
Sorry about the crappy birthday present CB

You and Robbie both deserved better

900large

Post by 900large » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 10:44 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:The fact it was a Titans 2011 Mark II. I truly thought we had learnt from that. That's twice in two seasons we've lead 14-zip for twenty minutes and capitulated. It's not even like the refs were at fault either as they adjudicated the ruck and PTB fairly well all night, the only dodgy penalty that went Newcastle's way was the forward pass from Benji.

Ahh rubbish. The front row is where the arguments start and finish.
Nowhere else to you come face to face with your opposite number, and nowhere else is intimidation of your opposite more important than the front row. Had they repacked that scrum cashy would have win the mind game, Snowden was backing away faster than the French army, and instead dad stepped in.
That scrum penalty was a crock! How many of them do we see each week where 2 props push and shove. It was handbags at 20 paces. An appalling penalty blown by a timid ref scared to make the wrong decision. That will happen 10 times in origin, I don't blame the big guy.

galea#11

Post by galea#11 » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 10:48 pm

I was angry at sitting in the stadium ready to whoop it up for rest of game at 14-0 then bang u could see it from start i was in tuqiris corner he and centre just didnt communicate . once we have a setbak drop ball or penalty we give up !

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 10:50 pm

Cashmeres indiscretion made me angry. It was the difference between 20-0 and 14-4 and letting them back into it.
Very disappointing from someone who should know better. Absolutely no excuse.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 10:52 pm

The refs sucked mate. The scrum penalty was BS. The penalty that came on the back of the scrum penalty was BS. The ruling that Farah knocked on from the crappy Tuqiri pass was wrong. The last pass for the McManus try was 4 metres forward. The ruling that Reddy knocked on from that aerial contest was also wrong.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 10:56 pm

900large wrote:

Ahh rubbish. The front row is where the arguments start and finish.
Nowhere else to you come face to face with your opposite number, and nowhere else is intimidation of your opposite more important than the front row. Had they repacked that scrum cashy would have win the mind game, Snowden was backing away faster than the French army, and instead dad stepped in.
That scrum penalty was a crock! How many of them do we see each week where 2 props push and shove. It was handbags at 20 paces. An appalling penalty blown by a timid ref scared to make the wrong decision. That will happen 10 times in origin, I don't blame the big guy.

I don't have an issue with a get square , but use your brain and do it when we lead 26-0 with 10 minutes left

It was a lose lose situation Against a team that is getting touched up playing at home Only one team was going to win that

No wonder Cashmere's only a second tier player with all the skills and work ethic he has
L
Let's his anger get in the way

Citizen Tiger

Post by Citizen Tiger » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 11:04 pm

In no particular order

Cashmere in the 17

Moltzen at FB and not 6

No Tom Humble

BMM's not appearing until minute 55?

Cashmere's minutes

Galloways timidity

Tuqiris early onset dementia

Marshall's lack of influence

Persisting with a flawed strategy of kicking early in the tackle count

Line speed on both kick/chase and in the red zone

Persistence with man on man D, when an outside shoulder defence and accompanying slide at least allows defenders to track their objective

An overall lack of intensity, attitude and a desire to impose themselves physically

The Bro Love at FT. I'm absolutely over this, shake hands and f... off